Books About Teasing

Old April 21st 05, 04:12 PM
Scott

Default Books About Teasing

There apparently is a lot of teasing going on on DD's bus ride
home from middle school. I'm uneasily sure that DD isn't teasing,
but she's not doing anything to stop it either, which I realize
is a very difficult thing to do. The chief teasers I think
are casual friends of DD -- people DD *could* talk to.

Anyway -- can anyone recommend a middle-school reading level
book on the effects of teasing. Perhaps written from the
view of the victim? I think it would be a good book for DD
to read.

Scott DD 11 and DS 9

Old April 22nd 05, 04:43 AM
Beth Kevles

Hi --

There are a number of books out with a general theme of teasing. They
tend to be depressing, in my recollection, although a few may show
better resolutions. "The Chocolate War" comes to mind, but a chat with
your local children's or school librarian will probably come up with
ones that are more suitable to your particular situation.

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.

Old April 23rd 05, 09:21 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ,
Scott wrote:

Anyway -- can anyone recommend a middle-school reading level
book on the effects of teasing. Perhaps written from the
view of the victim? I think it would be a good book for DD
to read.

The reading level is a bit young, but if she hasn't already read it,
how about "Blubber" by Judy Blume.

--Robyn
..

Old April 26th 05, 04:11 PM
Dawn

Try "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli. There's a downright magical audio
version of it read by John Ritter -- you can download it at
audible.com.

-Dawn