no epidural!!!!!

Old May 13th 04, 08:03 PM
Gilbey and Susie

Default no epidural!!!!!

i can't get an epidural! they only do nubain and intrathecals for pain
relief. i wanted to be totally numb when this kid pops out but looks like i
can't. anyone have any experience with intrathecals and nubain????

Old May 13th 04, 08:42 PM
Jtrlthomp

I had an intrathecal for my first baby. For me it only lasted a little over an
hour. I still had another hour of pushing and felt the entire delivery of my
son...OUCH!! If you decide on getting the intrathecal, I hope it will last
longer then mine!
Jen
Old May 13th 04, 08:54 PM
Amy

I know it's distressing when you can't have the birth that _you_ wanted, but
around the world, every day, most women give birth without epidurals and
they do just fine. Here in NZ epidurals are not the norm. Your body was
designed for labour, have faith in it :-)

Old May 13th 04, 09:19 PM
Nan

On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:03:24 GMT, "Gilbey and Susie"
wrote:

i can't get an epidural! they only do nubain and intrathecals for pain
relief. i wanted to be totally numb when this kid pops out but looks like i
can't. anyone have any experience with intrathecals and nubain????

I had Nubain, and it worked okay for me.... it took the edge off my
contractions which is what I needed at the time.

I had an epidural (ended up with a c-section, as babe was stuck and I
wouldn't dilate after 2 days of trying for a vbac), and I have to
say.... even though I was glad I could be awake during her birth, I
*hated* the effect of the epidural. I felt nothing, which was the
whole point, but I literally kept falling asleep during the surgery
and afterwards, which interfered with my ability to bond right after
birth.

Nan

Old May 13th 04, 09:49 PM
Tori M.

I have the same problem with the hospital I am birthing through. I have
tried to find info on them but I think like 2 people responded last time. I
have thought about switching hospitals so an epidural would be an option if
I wanted one. I think we have decided against that though since we REALLY
like my midwife and the Dr. that she works with. I did a little research on
Intrathecals but it did not really help much with trying to get personal
experiances.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Old May 13th 04, 11:58 PM
Clisby

Gilbey and Susie wrote:
i can't get an epidural! they only do nubain and intrathecals for pain
relief. i wanted to be totally numb when this kid pops out but looks like i
can't. anyone have any experience with intrathecals and nubain????

I had Nubain with my first delivery, and thought it was great - it
didn't eliminate pain, but it sort of took the edge off so it was easier
for me to relax. It had worn off well before I actually gave birth,
however - the hospital's policy was to try to get it out of the mother's
system before the birth to minimize any effect on the baby.

Clisby

Old May 14th 04, 04:22 AM
Nikki

Gilbey and Susie wrote:
i can't get an epidural! they only do nubain and intrathecals for pain
relief. i wanted to be totally numb when this kid pops out but looks
like i can't. anyone have any experience with intrathecals and
nubain????

I've not had either. I've talked to one person IRL that had the
interathecal and she couldn't say enough good things about it. I had stadol
hours and hours before I delivered #1. He was a very sleepy baby but the
nurses said that was because of the long delivery. Who knows? Anyway, I
thought that stuff was awesome. I could do with some of that every day :-)

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Old May 14th 04, 04:44 AM
Carol Ann

i can't get an epidural! they only do nubain and intrathecals for pain
relief. i wanted to be totally numb when this kid pops out but looks like

can't. anyone have any experience with intrathecals and nubain????

Nubain sucks! Nearly ruined my birth experience!

Does NOT ease pain!!! Makes you feel sick, sick, sick!!

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://tinyurl.com/299ot ---Pictures of Morgan

Old May 14th 04, 01:07 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Gilbey and Susie wrote:

*i can't get an epidural! they only do nubain and intrathecals for pain
*relief. i wanted to be totally numb when this kid pops out but looks like i

Did they not explain to you what an intrathecal is? You WILL be totally
numb if you have one.

Old May 14th 04, 02:28 PM
Gilbey and Susie

my dr and also the nurse at my birthing class both said that it will not
numb me, i will still have my motor skills and i can walk around and will be
able to push. it only takes away the pain but it doesn't take away any pain
caused by the head crowning etc..

child birth classes?? zolw Pregnancy 39 March 11th 04 11:02 PM
Anyone wants to take epidural? Or took it and liked it? ted Pregnancy 33 March 9th 04 03:42 AM
Epidural vs Natural...questions annafine Pregnancy 63 September 21st 03 07:32 PM
Alternatives for labor pain relief?? Epidural Question Jill Pregnancy 18 September 21st 03 06:29 PM
EPIDURAL HORROR: Gruesome cascade to oxytocin, c-sections, forceps and 'generous' episiotomies... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 August 3rd 03 09:39 PM