Celeb birth - Gwyneth Paltrow

Old May 15th 04, 12:13 PM
Cheryl

Default Celeb birth - Gwyneth Paltrow

LONDON (Reuters) - Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow (news) has given
birth to her first child, a daughter called Apple, a spokesman said on
Saturday.

Paltrow, 31, and her British husband Chris Martin, 27, lead singer of
the band Coldplay, said they were "ecstatic" after the baby was
delivered on Friday following a long labor at a London hospital.

"We are 900 miles over the moon," the couple said in a statement
released by Martin's spokesman Murray Chalmers.

"We would like to thank everyone at the hospital who have looked after
us amazingly."

The couple named their first child Apple Blythe Alison Martin. She
weighed 9lb 11oz (4.39 kg).

"Both mother and baby are very well," the statement added. Paltrow,
who was once engaged to Brad Pitt (news) and dated actor Ben Affleck
(news), met Martin backstage at a Coldplay concert in 2002.

The couple married in a secret ceremony in southern California last
December.

Friends say Martin proved a huge support for Paltrow after the sudden
death in October 2002 of her father, film director Bruce Paltrow
(news).

Martin and the quartet Coldplay have enjoyed huge global success since
their acclaimed debut album "Parachutes" in 2000. They won a coveted
Grammy Award for "Clocks" in February.

Paltrow won a best actress Oscar for the 1998 film "Shakespeare in
Love" and recently played the late poet Sylvia Plath.

___________________

Another stupid name from another celebrity. If they had just dropped
the Apple or put it somewhere else it wouldn't be so bad. I guess the
whole waterbirth idea didn't come off either.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)
Old May 15th 04, 01:33 PM
Sophie

___________________

Another stupid name from another celebrity. If they had just dropped
the Apple or put it somewhere else it wouldn't be so bad. I guess the
whole waterbirth idea didn't come off either.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)
and Mischief (30 Jul 02)

My mom thinks Apple is "neat", no other kid will have that name. I said I
hope not. Hope it doesn't have a big round head either, I can hear the
jokes already. What a truly stupid name.

What a huge baby though.

Old May 15th 04, 03:29 PM
Plissken

"Cheryl" wrote in message
LONDON (Reuters) - Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow (news) has given
birth to her first child, a daughter called Apple, a spokesman said on
Saturday.

Paltrow, 31, and her British husband Chris Martin, 27, lead singer of
the band Coldplay, said they were "ecstatic" after the baby was
delivered on Friday following a long labor at a London hospital.

"We are 900 miles over the moon," the couple said in a statement
released by Martin's spokesman Murray Chalmers.

"We would like to thank everyone at the hospital who have looked after
us amazingly."

The couple named their first child Apple Blythe Alison Martin. She
weighed 9lb 11oz (4.39 kg).

Apple??????????? How could she do that to he baby? Hopefully she goes by one
of the middle names.

Old May 15th 04, 04:11 PM
Nan

On Sat, 15 May 2004 21:13:49 +1000, Cheryl
wrote:

LONDON (Reuters) - Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow (news) has given
birth to her first child, a daughter called Apple,

Good grief.

Nan
Old May 15th 04, 04:25 PM
Donna

"Sophie" wrote in message

My mom thinks Apple is "neat", no other kid will have that name. I said I
hope not. Hope it doesn't have a big round head either, I can hear the
jokes already. What a truly stupid name.

What's really sad is that I personally know of three baby girls in my area
named "Apple" already.

sigh Not only is it stupid, it's trendy.

Donna

Old May 15th 04, 05:31 PM
Clisby

Donna wrote:
"Sophie" wrote in message

My mom thinks Apple is "neat", no other kid will have that name. I said I
hope not. Hope it doesn't have a big round head either, I can hear the
jokes already. What a truly stupid name.

What's really sad is that I personally know of three baby girls in my area
named "Apple" already.

sigh Not only is it stupid, it's trendy.

Donna

Oh, no. What's next? Peach? Honeydew? Kiwi?

Clisby

Old May 15th 04, 05:43 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Cheryl wrote:

LONDON (Reuters) - Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow (news) has given
birth to her first child, a daughter called Apple, a spokesman said on
Saturday.

Paltrow, 31, and her British husband Chris Martin, 27, lead singer of
the band Coldplay, said they were "ecstatic" after the baby was
delivered on Friday following a long labor at a London hospital.

"We are 900 miles over the moon," the couple said in a statement
released by Martin's spokesman Murray Chalmers.

"We would like to thank everyone at the hospital who have looked after
us amazingly."

The couple named their first child Apple Blythe Alison Martin. She
weighed 9lb 11oz (4.39 kg).

No wonder she had a long labour! Wow!

As for Apple......yeah, okay.....Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
(rolls eyes)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"Oh please. Now you're the Usenet Savior. Spare me.
At any rate, I don't suspect you'll be able to maintain a nice facade
in any other groups for very long."
~ Nan in MKB

Old May 15th 04, 08:52 PM
D&K Condron

"Donna" wrote in message

"Sophie" wrote in message

My mom thinks Apple is "neat", no other kid will have that name. I said

hope not. Hope it doesn't have a big round head either, I can hear the
jokes already. What a truly stupid name.

What's really sad is that I personally know of three baby girls in my area
named "Apple" already.

sigh Not only is it stupid, it's trendy.

Donna

Why "Apple"? Do you know why any of those parents picked that name? Do
they reeeeeeeeeeeally like the computer? I just don't get it.

Kat

Old May 15th 04, 09:37 PM
Jan Silbermann

Apple??????????? How could she do that to he baby? Hopefully she goes by one
of the middle names.

Thank goodness it's Apple MArtin and not Apple Paltrow.

When my 14yo heard it she said it sounded likea drink.
"I'll have an Apple MArtin and a Martini, please."

SIGH
Old May 15th 04, 10:11 PM
Donna

"D&K Condron" wrote in message

Why "Apple"? Do you know why any of those parents picked that name? Do
they reeeeeeeeeeeally like the computer? I just don't get it.

Two of the three babies are Asian - I assume that to caucasian adoptive
parents, "Apple" sounds like it might be vaguely ethnic. Maybe? That's the
only thing I could possibly think of.

You know, I never connected it to the computer before now.

Donna