bf and donating plasma

Old October 29th 07, 08:29 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Pologirl

Default bf and donating plasma

Pologirl wrote:
How much do they pay you nowadays for a unit of plasma?

Jodi "hobbes" wrote:
$25 for the first donation; $35 for the second if done within 7 days of the
first donation. So there's a potential for earning approx. $200 a month

Okay, figure your actual costs to go to the collection center to do
this. And your time, including travel time that you would not
otherwise spend. How much would selling plasma earn you per hour?

Pologirl

Old October 30th 07, 12:48 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
hobbes

"Pologirl" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jodi "hobbes" wrote:
$25 for the first donation; $35 for the second if done within 7 days of
the
first donation. So there's a potential for earning approx. $200 a month

Okay, figure your actual costs to go to the collection center to do
this. And your time, including travel time that you would not
otherwise spend. How much would selling plasma earn you per hour?

A lot more than I earn now (nothing). The whole experience would probably
take me 1.75 hours, but while some people would find that to be a poor use
of their time, or not worth the money, we're really strapped. And as a
stay-at-home mom, it would be much faster, easier money than lots of other
things I could do (taking in another child, for example, would net me maybe
$20/day around here, and think of the bother in *that*). For a while, I had
a 2/hr a week cleaning job, and that earned me $50-60 a month. Hard to
compare that to an hour of relative quiet, sitting and reading two times a
week.

Jodi

Old October 30th 07, 01:41 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Sue

"hobbes" wrote in message
The only reason I want to donate is for the $$. So it's completely
shallow, and though I play with the idea, I can't see myself lying just
for some extra cash. But things are really tight right now, and I was
hoping for some money to buy some things I'd really like for the house.
It's not a big deal; just wondering what the issue was.

Perhaphs you should get a part-time job then instead of donating for money.
Yeek.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 31st 07, 10:12 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

In article ,
"hobbes" wrote:

The only reason I want to donate is for the $$. So it's completely shallow,
and though I play with the idea, I can't see myself lying just for some
extra cash.

boggle

They PAY you for plasma? AFAIK we just give it away for free here.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/

FREE-I just found this great website where you can get a FREE Plasma TV This Is NOT a Scam See for Yourself. J[_2_] Breastfeeding 0 September 23rd 07 03:46 AM
donating breast milk Graciesmom Pregnancy 13 May 16th 06 05:29 PM
donating breast milk Lara Breastfeeding 5 May 16th 06 05:29 PM
donating milk lucy-h Breastfeeding 8 March 10th 06 08:34 AM
Cord Blood donating? bapayne Pregnancy 31 February 25th 05 05:18 PM