Christmas gifts

Old December 10th 03, 05:06 AM
Megan

Default Christmas gifts

Cindy,
I had to laugh...that commercial is on every 5 min. on Disney! I now
have the song stuck in my head again!!

~Megan~
Aidan Matthew & Alexis Valerie
Born September 28, 2002

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis

Old December 10th 03, 05:07 AM
Megan

Oops, is it Nick I have been seeing it on? I forgot that we have been
watching Dora and Blue lately. I hate that Jojo's Circus on Disney!
Yuck!

Old December 10th 03, 01:56 PM
KimandJuan

Maybe it is Disney ... who knows??? The only thing we really watch on Disney is
The Wiggles... I am with you on Jo Jo's Circus! It is too bad we don't live
near one another! I want to be friends! =)

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Old December 10th 03, 02:35 PM
Megan

Kim,
Man, what would Aidan do? How could he decide between the hot twins or
the sultry older woman???

I think you love clear across the country...Texas?? I am in NJ. Just
figures, though...every on-line friendship I have made is like this. We
live thousands of miles apart!!

Old December 10th 03, 06:12 PM
Missy in Indiana

Hi...getting in a little late about the cash register. I'm not familiar w/the
one you discussed. But, our girls have one we picked up at our Indy Chidren's
Museum. They have them at Learning Express stores and (possibly) Zany Brainy
stores if you are at all interested. Since they are only 2 1/2, they aren't
learning much advanced stuff with it. However, they use it while playing
role-play situations with their plastic vegetables and they count the money.
They don't understand the value of the nickel vs. the dollar, but they count it
all as "1..2..3.." I don't know if it's "taught" them anything hugely
valuable, but it's reinforced what Rich and I teach them on a daily basis.

This is something G'ma bought because, after watching them roleplay at the
museum unexpectedly, she decided they "needed" it...G'ma (a retired teacher)
has a tendency to sway Mommy when there are new learning opportunities
Anyway, I'll make a recommendation and you can toss it if it doesn't sound
good. How about drawing your own money and credit cards and having them
laminated. Then, you could simply use a small cardboard box and draw the keys
with markers. A shoebox w/lid would also work great. I know it may be cheesy
to some people, but we do a lot of homemade stuff like that. I think it really
encourages their imagination and creativity plus saves money on things until
you know if it's really something they'll enjoy. If it becomes a huge hit, you
could say "Well it's already a hit, why change it?" or "Now that I know it's
something that will get a lot of play time, I can invest in a sturdier one".
Just thoughts.

Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)

Old December 10th 03, 06:54 PM
KimandJuan

I really like that idea Missy. Ordinarily I am on board for the homemade craft
projects and toys. The kids love them. But, I am strapped for ideas on
Christmas gifts this year and that seems to be something that she really wants.
Usually I would just buy the generic version that Walmart carries for about 10
dollars. But on birthdays and Christmas I like to try and accommodate a few of
the special requests. I think if she ended up with a cash register other than
the Barbie one there would be a hint of disappointment. What I may do is just
go with something else altogether like the Mommys Little Patient doll and come
up with a different cash register sometime after Christmas.

Gifts Diablos General 12 December 31st 03 05:42 AM
Kids purchasing Christmas gifts ColoradoSkiBum General 43 December 23rd 03 10:33 PM
America's Favorite Grandma Presents: Christmastime Do's and DON'Ts!! Mother Henrietta Hickey General 6 December 17th 03 09:08 AM
America's Favorite Grandma Presents: Christmastime Do's and DON'Ts!! Mother Henrietta Hickey Spanking 5 December 17th 03 09:08 AM
Christmas gifts question Laura General 9 December 7th 03 10:52 PM