Vacation ideas for 17 month old twins?

Old March 9th 04, 05:37 PM
Miracle Twins Mom

Default Vacation ideas for 17 month old twins?

If you said that driving to Philly is a thought, then Sesame Place isn't
that far away. But, I don't know if I'd be able to handle 17 mo. old
twins in an amusment park!

My suggestion is Lancaster County, PA. I am in NJ and it's about 2-3
hours away. I absolutely love it there and we have always stayed at a
resort called Willow Valley. We brought the kids at 8 mos old., and
again at 16 mos. old. They loved it. This place is very family
orientated.

www.willowvalley.com

Megan~
Mommy to A & A
17 months old! (how did this happen?)

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis
***New Pictures 02/04***

Old March 11th 04, 12:16 AM
Gretchen

Hi Barbara,
I don't really have a suggestion for where to go, just to tell you about
our vacation when our twins were 16 months old. We flew to the UK for a
family wedding, were in a hotel in Manchester for a week for the
festivities, then rented a van and drove around the coast of Wales for
another week staying in B&B's. We flew from Israel so the flight was only 4
hours or so, but the kids did great. They were just happy to hang out with
us and do what we were doing, of course we had to pay attention to their
eating and sleeping needs but just scheduled around those. One thing really
helpful at the B&B's, since they didn't usually have baby cots, we brought
with us a collapsable tent that they loved to play in, and they just slept
in that. We also brought outlet protectors and "babyproofed" each room as
soon as we got there. It wasn't always easy, but we had a lot of fun. Hope
your vacation goes well, wherever you go!

Gretchen ~ Emily and Edan (March 1, '99) and Matan (June 13, '02)

Old March 11th 04, 12:49 AM
multimom4

If you want to stay home, my advice is to treat it like a formal trip. Make
an itinerary of what you want to get done and *don't* slip into laze around
mode unless that is what is *planned* for that day! Maybe toss in two or
three longer outings (overnight?) on the way, too.

I'd also consider throwing in a couple of days of "work" to get done some of
those irritating jobs that you never get to but that will give you huge
satisfaction to cross off the list ... paint the fence, make a run to the
dump,. stuff like that.

Personally, I think the most fun kids can have at 17 months is running wild
outside at playgrounds, meadows, the zoo and esp. the beach. Also a good
children's museum. But if we had two whole weeks off together, I'd also
want to do something for the adults too, so I'd be tempted to look for some
places to go where you could do some strolling around (art museum, mall,
whatever suits your taste) *and* some running free. For that reason, a
train ride (didn't you mention that?) would suit me -- although round here
it would more likely be a ferry.

And def. lots of takeout. :-)

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

"Barbara Warner" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
Hello,
I'm writing to ask for suggestions, for a family vacation in the spring.
I've got two weeks off work in May, and while money is definitely
'tight', I'd like to do something interesting by way of a family
vacation during my time off.

Old March 16th 04, 02:28 AM
RayDiRhymr

Hi!

I'd suggest the beach. Are you near one? My 3 had a great time when they were
18 months, and then 2 1/2 and then 3 1/2. Last year we went to Smuggler's
Notch (didn't like it too much) in VT. And we just hit Disney for their 5th
birthday in January. Disney was incredible, and I thought 5 was a great age
for it.

But back to you - 18 months - the beach was great. We weren't home - but there
was no hussle and bussle. Just relaxing. Books for the adults (for nap time
of course) and shovels and life preservers for the kids. We stayed on the
water, and also brought a blow up pool - which was great when the tide was
strong.

good luck,
Diana
(w/Jared, Vanessa, & Grace)