"random" nursing and breast health

Old November 25th 03, 06:34 AM
Dawn Lawson

Default "random" nursing and breast health

Ok, I'm starting to accept that DS's nursing interest may not rally, and
that his schedule might be a bit "random" (He nursed twice this
afternoon outside of naptime, unheard of for quite a while now. Nursed
to sleep for nap and bed. Didn't nurse yesterday at all, iirc.)
Do I need to worry about plugged ducts, mastitis, etc if I don't feel
engorgement?

Dawn

Old November 25th 03, 08:48 PM
Cheryl S.

"Dawn Lawson" wrote in message
Ok, I'm starting to accept that DS's nursing interest may
not rally, and that his schedule might be a bit "random"
(He nursed twice this afternoon outside of naptime, unheard
of for quite a while now. Nursed to sleep for nap and bed.
Didn't nurse yesterday at all, iirc.) Do I need to worry about
plugged ducts, mastitis, etc if I don't feel engorgement?

I don't know for sure but I highly doubt it. If it was going to be a
problem I think it would have shown up before now, since he's already
gone quite a while without nursing much, right? I know it's hard when
your baby's ready to wean before you are - my DD did that too. But as
someone pointed out to me at that time, better that the child weans when
the mother's not ready, than the other way around. Good job to you for
nursing him as long as he wants, and maybe he'll continue to nurse now
and then for some time yet.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 7 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old November 25th 03, 09:56 PM
Dawn Lawson

Cheryl S. wrote:

[...]

Thanks Cheryl.
It's weird. I'm not really weepy or that kind of thing...but I found
myself, as I got into the shower, thinking "NOW what the heck am I gonna
do with these things??" :-)

Dawn, waiting to see if there's a new pattern emerging to DS's nursing
before I splurge on a new bra. (My planned weaning gift to myself)