WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING

Old July 11th 03, 10:40 AM
HOLLY

Default WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING

A message every adult should read, because children are watching you and
doing as you do, not as you say.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hang my first painting on
the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a stray cat, and I
learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for
me and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a prayer, and I knew
there is a God I could always talk to and I learned to trust in God.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make a meal and take it to
a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care
of each other.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of your time and money
to help people who had nothing and I learned that those who have
something should give to those who don't.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you take care of our house and
everyone in it and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw how you handled your
responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good and I learned that I
would have to be responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I
learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared and I wanted to
be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I learned most of life's lessons that
I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked at you and wanted to say,
"Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking."

I AM SENDING THIS TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE I KNOW WHO DO SO MUCH FOR OTHERS
THAT THINK NO ONE EVER SEES. LITTLE EYES SEE A LOT.

Each of us (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher or friend)
influence the life of a child. How will you touch the life of someone
today? Just by sending this to someone else, you will probably make
them at least think about their influence on others.

Favorite people, favorite places, favorite memories of the past...these
are the joys of a lifetime...these are the things that last!