Let's say Thanks to Our Troops

Old September 12th 06, 09:26 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.breast-implant,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,sci.med
cathyb

Default Let's say Thanks to Our Troops

Jan Drew wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. ..
If you go to the web site http://www.letssaythanks.com/ you can pick out
a Thank You card design & a message (or write your own). Xerox will
print it and it will be sent to a member of our military serving
overseas. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member
of the armed services.

You don't have to give any personal info. Just your name (first name
only works & is probably more personal) & your hometown. It's FREE and
it only takes a second. What a wonderful idea!!

Having been in the military in Vietnam, when troups were NOT much
supported and honored, I DO honor and respect our troups in Iraq and
Afghanistan. However, having learned what I learned in the late sixties, I
have no respect whatsoever for the government administration that sent
them there. I know, from experience, that the soldiers, marines, and
airmen there are NOT fighting for George W. Bush and his policies, but for
their comrades in arms. Survival of themselves and their comrades is the
mission, period. The war in Iraq is an illegal and immoral war, much like
the one in which I served. So yes, support our troups. But do not get all
warm and fuzzy about what they are doing there.

Relevancy to this post?

I won't expect you to do anything to thank our troops.

What a shame; Jan didn't understand what she was reading again, but
nevertheless felt constrained to vomit some more bile.

Ta for the thoughtful post, Rich.

I sure do pity those who find you in the ER.

Cold hearted as you are!

--Rich