Jenny McCarthy: My son's recovery from autism

Old April 3rd 08, 02:55 AM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
David Wright

Default Jenny McCarthy: My son's recovery from autism

In article ,
wrote:

No scientist would agree to what is going on with autism. All the
scientists have been muzzled by the "Daubert" principle, whatever that
is.

What's stopping you from finding out? Other than your total inability
to do research, I mean.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at copper.net
"There are two kinds of Republicans: millionaires and suckers."
-- John Dolan
Old April 3rd 08, 02:58 AM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
David Wright

In article ,
Myrl wrote:
On Apr 2, 6:25*pm, (David Wright) wrote:

The reports I've seen said five, not nine.

I've seen everything from 6 - 9. I did watch an interview with
Hannah's mom, and she clearly stated "9". But then the reporter at
the end of that same interview quoted "6". Quite confusing.

Either way - whether it's 5, 6, or 9, that seems like a lot of
vaccinations at one time.

Her father said 5 in the one interview I saw. More than that really
would not make sense, based on current vaccination schedules. I mean,
there are only ten distinct vaccines on the recommended schedule even
now, and that's the childhood total and includes influenza.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at copper.net

Old April 3rd 08, 03:26 AM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
Myrl

On Apr 2, 5:01*pm, wrote:

No scientist would agree to what is going on with autism. *All the
scientists have been muzzled by the "Daubert" principle, whatever that
is.

Only doctors, who know little to no science, would perpetuate this
medical fraud. *The title should have been Parents vs doctors.

DrCee

Actually I think it's quite clear that scientists may have opinions
about autism. They may not always get to express them in courts of
law.

The only place they may be "muzzled" somewhat, is in court trials and
litigation. Sometimes Daubert rears it's ugly head when judges, who
are not scientists must decide whether science exists or is valid
enough to allow "expert" witnesses (scientists and doctors, etc.) to
testify to that validity. So in essence, you have a non-scientist
(the judge) making rulings about whether scientists are actually
"experts" or not.

It gets dicey at best, and in more cases than not, Daubert decisions
go against litigants.

Old April 3rd 08, 04:02 AM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
Skeptic

"Jan Drew" wrote in message

"Skeptic" wrote in message

"Ilena Rose" wrote in message

Actress Jenny McCarthy believes that vaccines could have contributed
to her son's autism.

Actor Tom Cruise believes aliens put on this planet. That must make it
true!

What is true is your refusal to accept the important issue.

Which is? That all good evidence shows no evidence of a cause/effecte
between vaccinations and autism? That issue?

Old April 3rd 08, 03:08 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
D. C. Sessions

In message , Myrl wrote:

The only place they may be "muzzled" somewhat, is in court trials and
litigation. *Sometimes Daubert rears it's ugly head when judges, who
are not scientists must decide whether science exists or is valid
enough to allow "expert" witnesses (scientists and doctors, etc.) to
testify to that validity. *So in essence, you have a non-scientist
(the judge) making rulings about whether scientists are actually
"experts" or not.

You might want to actually read the Daubert test.
It's rather firmly grounded in basic legal principles;
the question is whether the supposed "expert witness"
is expressing a matter of expertise (that is, others
can follow his methods to reach the same result) or
simply grinding a personal axe.

If his methods aren't even /in/ /principle/ independently
replicable, then there's no way to defend any claim of
being based in objective reality.

Note that the Daubert test is very widely applied in
matters such as forensic evidence.

--
| The most important exclamation in science isn't "Eureka!" |
| The most important exclamation is "What the BLEEP?" |
Old April 3rd 08, 06:45 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment

On Apr 2, 6:15*pm, Myrl wrote:
This seems to be a fair and balanced analysis about vaccines and
autism. *I have recently wondered if emphasis should be placed on
getting all suspected metals and components (i.e. Mercury and
Aluminum, etc.) out of all vaccines. *At least as much as possible.

The thing is, that even if it is vaccine related, it's become pretty
unlikely that it's related to thimerosal or other preservatives/heavy
metals, since they **already have** been removed, as much as possible;
like nearly 100%. And even in countries where thimersoal hasn't been
used in vaccines for 25 years, there hasn't been a drop in autism
rates.

Might be some sort of autoimmune thing stimulated by the vaccine;
maybe only in certain individuals; but we don't understand those so
well. Or, it might not be related to vaccines at all. but the one
thing that's very likely, is that it isn't thimerosal in vaccines.
Old April 3rd 08, 07:13 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
Kelley Eidem

On Apr 2, 6:01 pm, wrote:
On Apr 2, 4:06 pm, Ilena Rose wrote:

http://ilenarose.blogspot.com
Health Lover, Ilena Rosenthal applauds Jenny McCarthy. Some in our
support group have mentioned a possible environmental link with her
breast implants also.

Many of us believe that genetic predispositions coupled with an
onslaught of other environmental factors:

aluminum and / or
mercury and / or
platinum and / or
silicone and / or
pesticides and /or
pharmaceuticals and / or
vaccinations and / or
second hand smoke and / or
etc. etc. etc.)

. . . in some permutation and combination, make these syndromes and
diseases difficult to quantify and fit in neat little diagnoses.
Video Parents vs. scientists: Watch the latest test case »

I enjoyed this article. As an educated and experienced scientist, I
really have to object to the "Parents vs scientists" part.

No scientist would agree to what is going on with autism. All the
scientists have been muzzled by the "Daubert" principle, whatever that
is.

Only doctors, who know little to no science, would perpetuate this
medical fraud. The title should have been Parents vs doctors.

Other than that, this was a nice report of what is going on. I can
only appluad the parents for taking action in spite of the negativity
of their medical doctors.

DrCee
You cannot secure nor restore health with pus or poisons.

DrCee, I love your tag line! It's a keeper I hope to help spread!
Old April 3rd 08, 08:02 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
The One True Zhen Jue[_2_]

On Apr 3, 2:13*pm, Kelley Eidem wrote:
On Apr 2, 6:01 pm, wrote:

[...]

DrCee, I love your tag line! It's a keeper I hope to help spread!- Hide quoted text -

I've got a better one: You can't take seriously anything said by a man
who claims to have earned his PhD's on Uranus or Mars.

Old April 3rd 08, 10:04 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
[email protected]

On Apr 2, 6:01 pm, wrote:

[...]

Thank you a lot. It does summarize the plight of the people of the
world, and especially the American people, very well.

Yours for better health and the health truth,

DrCee
You cannot secure nor restore health with pus or poisons.

update on my recovery (bit of bad news) Anne Rogers Pregnancy 4 February 2nd 07 10:41 PM
Ilena Rosenthal, Bart Ross and Joe McCarthy Mark Probert Kids Health 6 March 12th 05 03:39 PM
Jenny Lind Bed Parts mypet Pregnancy 11 September 16th 04 12:28 PM
recovery after tubal ted Pregnancy 1 February 25th 04 07:01 PM
Recovery from c-section shaz Pregnancy 8 November 13th 03 05:27 AM