Child Education

Old December 4th 07, 06:31 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default Child Education

CRITS/COMMENTS - NEEDED

Rhymes are known to be the building block of the human pysche, they
have the tendencey to stay with him for a lifetime

While it is common knowledge that over 80% of higher education is
lost with passage of time, wheras in the case of rhymes learnt at
a 'kinder' age, its exactly the opposite - over 90% of them, stay
embedded and, cling on to ones memory, for a lifetime.

They also infuse aspirations, dreams and fantasy into a child's mind.
Perhaps that may be the reason why mankind is making progress by
leaps n bound since the past few centuries.

Do You feel the time has come when we should opt for some change in
child education by giving the child a new set of dreams and
aspirations through rhymes/poems/ stories etc., which are more
appropriate and relevant to his time.

When today even a one year old child prefers to play and or handle
mobile phones/remote controls etc., over and above his other
traditional toys, the corridoors of our shools are still echoing with
many such rhymes which seem to have lost relevance with time.

This is a thought, I feel, for all to ponder upon. I will appreciate
crits/comments from one and all.

An example is given below. Please feel free to post your comments or
e mail me at skuki@rediffmail. com

existing

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
How I wonder what you are

Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky

New Thought

Teeny Weeny Little Star
Now I know What You Are

Why You shine in the night
Like a Diamond bright

I'll Come to see you soon
After I've Been to The Moon

Have we not passed the age of wondering? When today man has left his
footprints on the moon, we are still singing with 'How I Wonder'.

Plz friends I have nothing against the rhyme 'Twinkle Twinkle', it
truly is the most wonderful creation of all times, I too have grown
with it, so may have the majority of this world and, the inspiration
comes from it, to move ahead and not be stuck up with it, this new
version is also a fallout from the great orignal rhyme.

Thanks n regards

$kuki