painful pees?

Old February 1st 06, 12:10 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default painful pees?

DD seems to have painful pees sometimes - not all the time, but sometimes
she really screams for about 10 seconds, like she's really in pain, and then
straight away does a pee and then is fine. Is this normal? Could it be to
do with anything I'm eating and passing onto her somehow through the milk?
I know that acidic stuff can be an issue, but I haven't been having any that
I can think of. Or is that something that babies just do? (She's just over
3 weeks)

Thanks

Old February 1st 06, 02:33 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Linda" wrote in message ...
DD seems to have painful pees sometimes - not all the time, but sometimes
she really screams for about 10 seconds, like she's really in pain, and

then
straight away does a pee and then is fine. Is this normal? Could it be

do with anything I'm eating and passing onto her somehow through the milk?
I know that acidic stuff can be an issue, but I haven't been having any

that
I can think of. Or is that something that babies just do? (She's just

over
3 weeks)

How do you know she pees right after? Is she in cloth? It can be hard to
tell exactly when they go if she's in disposables.
Could she have a bit of a rash? I highly doubt it has anything to do with
what you are eating. If it continues you might want to check with your ped,
but IMO, it's probably just one of those weird newborn things.

JennP.

Old February 1st 06, 02:47 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Linda" wrote in message ...
Well I don't really know what to look for, but if it was, wouldn't she be
miserable with every pee?

Diaper rash? Sproglette does the same thing if she gets a bad enough diaper
rash.

Jess

Old February 1st 06, 03:01 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"JennP" wrote in message

"Linda" wrote in message
DD seems to have painful pees sometimes - not all the time, but sometimes
she really screams for about 10 seconds, like she's really in pain, and

then
straight away does a pee and then is fine. Is this normal? Could it be

do with anything I'm eating and passing onto her somehow through the
milk?
I know that acidic stuff can be an issue, but I haven't been having any

that
I can think of. Or is that something that babies just do? (She's just

over
3 weeks)

How do you know she pees right after? Is she in cloth?

Yes she's in cloth, so if I'm holding her at the time it's pretty obvious!!!

It can be hard to
tell exactly when they go if she's in disposables.
Could she have a bit of a rash?

We give her a fair amount of nappy free time, and I think that seems to be
helping to prevent rashes so far.

I highly doubt it has anything to do with
what you are eating. If it continues you might want to check with your
ped,
but IMO, it's probably just one of those weird newborn things.

Ok - thanks

JennP.

Old February 1st 06, 03:36 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Old February 1st 06, 07:01 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Linda" wrote in message ...

"Stormlady" wrote in message
Could it be a UTI? Is this how they are?

Well I don't really know what to look for, but if it was, wouldn't she be
miserable with every pee?

With babies, it's hard to tell. DD had a bad UTI, and it wasn't until it
got bad that we knew about it (fever just kept getting higher and higher).
She clenched her legs occasionally, but she wouldn't say anything or cry or
anything. In your case, I'd at least call the doctor.

Old February 2nd 06, 04:21 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

On 2006-02-01 08:10:23 +0800, "Linda" said:

DD seems to have painful pees sometimes - not all the time, but
sometimes she really screams for about 10 seconds, like she's really in
pain, and then straight away does a pee and then is fine. Is this
normal? Could it be to do with anything I'm eating and passing onto
her somehow through the milk? I know that acidic stuff can be an issue,
but I haven't been having any that I can think of. Or is that
something that babies just do? (She's just over 3 weeks)

Thanks

It could be a UTI or it could be that she has gas (or some other pain)
and once it is gone she pees in relief?

Will used to pee when he started sucking on something (anything!) -
noticed it when he had free-bum time.

Jo
--
Woman, Wife, Mother, Midwife