Not spam, I swear...

Old December 20th 05, 04:57 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Not spam, I swear...

Y'all have known me long enough to know I'm not spamming for this
website. I'm genuinely curious.

Before I drop $47, has anyone tried this method:

http://www.sleepsense.com/

I don't want to spend the money if it isn't worth it. She *says* that
it's not an "abandon your baby to cry it out" method, but I've noticed
that a lot of sleep training methods are CIO in disguise.

I searched this group's archives, and no one has ever mentioned the
website before.

Thanks!
Amy

Old December 20th 05, 05:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I can't figure out what it is or what it does. However, it seems silly to
me.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

oups.com...

Old December 20th 05, 05:47 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I couldn't get anything to show up when I clicked but I will offer
something. Starting at 5 months, we did Ferber-lite and it worked
fully in 3 nights. We tried it one minute at a time (as the book
recommends that you try what's comfortable for you and your baby) and
never had to go past 3 minutes and after the 3rd night it was done.
Even now at 19 months, we've raised it to 5 min before going in and
it's almost always quiet in 2 minutes on the rare occasion that he
cries at all. (this goes for naps too)

Old December 20th 05, 05:52 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I was just now able to get it to show up. I agree with Sue, it seems
unecessary. IME, patience with letting your baby get used to going to
bed in a different manner seems to be more logical. Not to say that I
haven't gotten ripped off by buying unecessary baby stuff (the baby
beats monitor comes to mind...uugh) but this one seems especially
weird. I definitely wouldn;t try it unless at least one person could
give you their experience with it.

Old December 20th 05, 06:08 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Amy wrote:
Y'all have known me long enough to know I'm not spamming for this
website. I'm genuinely curious.

Before I drop $47, has anyone tried this method:

http://www.sleepsense.com/

I think you mean:
http://www.sleepsense.net/

I imagine the information she will give can be found in a number of
sleep books. (No Cry Sleep Solution, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy
Child, Ferber's book, The Baby Sleep Book by Sears ) Might be worth
a trip to the library before dropping the $47.

I never did get my girls to sleep through the night by any method. DD1
started doing it around 18 months. DD2 is about 18 months now, and
is showing signs of it (finally). I had bought the no cry sleep
solution before DD2, intending to have a good sleeper, but life got in
the way and it never got bad enough for me to do anything about it.

Good luck! And if you do go with this method, be sure to post a review!

Mary W.

Old December 20th 05, 06:08 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote in message
I was just now able to get it to show up. I agree with Sue, it seems
unecessary.

Did you figure out what it does?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 20th 05, 06:20 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Amy wrote:
Y'all have known me long enough to know I'm not spamming for this
website. I'm genuinely curious.

Before I drop $47, has anyone tried this method:

http://www.sleepsense.com/

Oh, HELL! Wrong link - I meant to say www.sleepsense.net.

Sorry!

Amy

Old December 20th 05, 10:31 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Amy" ) writes:
Oh, HELL! Wrong link - I meant to say www.sleepsense.net.

If this woman were more interested in helping babies
and parents than in making money, maybe she would
put the information on her website, rather than just
putting a bunch of tantalising stuff designed to try to get people
to sign up to get the information. And maybe if she
had more than one useful thing to say, she would put
at least one of them on her website to help people and
show off her skills, rather than keeping all her
information a secret to try to get people to buy her book.

She calls not falling asleep alone a "bad habit". I call
it an instinct that saved our ancestors from being eaten
by predators.
Old December 20th 05, 10:58 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Catherine Woodgold writes:

: She calls not falling asleep alone a "bad habit". I call
: it an instinct that saved our ancestors from being eaten
: by predators.

Great quote! Can I use it??!

Larry
Old December 20th 05, 11:27 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

) writes:
Catherine Woodgold writes:

: She calls not falling asleep alone a "bad habit". I call
: it an instinct that saved our ancestors from being eaten
: by predators.

Great quote! Can I use it??!

Larry

Sure! Thanks for the compliment!

(Or should I charge you money or get you to sign
up for a free package deal before I let you even see the quote? :-)

Please Check It Out! Diane General 10 November 5th 05 01:37 AM
NG spam Pop Foster Parents 0 April 26th 05 08:10 PM
Hello Jeff General 10 March 22nd 04 05:44 AM
Workin from home and looving it! beckypol2004 General 2 February 26th 04 12:50 AM
TIRED OF Canton, CT SPAM LOL Carrie Gregory Pregnancy 0 July 23rd 03 06:27 PM