Tough Lesson

Old April 16th 06, 12:44 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default Tough Lesson

In the State of Georgia, Paternity and a Child Support Order doesn't
Legitimize a child. You can pay child support for a child and the state
will not grant you rights to the child. (I enforced Child Support of
myself and admitted to Paternity in court) I never knew the law could
be so biased against Dad's who are trying to be in the child's life.
Because of this... recently my son's mother was able to give up
guardianship of our son and switch it to his grandparents (whom he
calls "mom" and "dad") without me knowing. She joined the military and
now has everyone looking to her as a hero for our country.

Camaal

Old April 16th 06, 02:47 PM posted to alt.child-support

Has the court specifically excluded you from guardianship? Think about
it like this....if you find out that she "gave him up for adoption"
without your permission....you can argue the legitimacy of the
adoption.....and there have been cases where it was reversed.....so why
can you not ask the court for guardianship if you are the biological
father? Unless you have been specifically excluded from guardianship
by the court....you do have legal rights! You just have to go to court
to fight for your legal rights.

Old April 16th 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Erin" wrote in

You just have to go to court to fight for your legal rights.

Rights? What's that!

He can't just go to court, he has to hire a Lawyer first and pay all the
fees, dues & expenses. Maybe if the guy is rich, he will find justice!

Old April 17th 06, 03:26 AM posted to alt.child-support

You are preaching to the choir....we spent 32K in three years on a
legal battle....but we won....we are still paying on it, and have taken
a second mortgage on the house...just to find out that our attorney
sold us out, because he was friends with her attorney....and we only
won after I engulfed myself in law books, and we went pro se, but we
still owe from when we did have a lawyer.

Old April 17th 06, 12:02 PM posted to alt.child-support

It hasn't been decided by the courts yet, but the next step i'll be
taking is to seek legitimacy.