2.5w update

Old September 29th 05, 06:41 PM
Emily

Default 2.5w update

Hi folks,

Things are going well with DS2, though it will be interesting
to see how we settle in next week when MIL & FIL are gone
(so far, we had DH on vacation+my mom, then DH on vacation,
then DH at work but MIL around).

He weighed 11lbs 2oz at his 2 week check up (actually 11lbs 8oz,
but wearing 6oz of cast for his clubfoot) and 11lbs 9oz at
2w2d (yesterday, when we went to get his cast changed).
He yelled through the whole cast change yesterday because he
had been napping when we started --- I think he'd hoped to
wake up and eat, not wake up and be casted, but he calmed
down after that. Last night was relatively difficult, maybe
because of the new cast, but possibly the 2w growth spurt.

I've discovered another benefit of our co-sleeper: I suspect
DS2 is getting more practice at falling asleep by himself than
DS1, since I'm more likely to put him down before I'm certain
he's asleep. This is because it's easier to pick him up again
if need be than if he were in a separate crib. He's pretty noisy
in the night, but I think I'm getting the hang of distinguishing
hunger noises from the others. He's also more spitty than DS1
was (which isn't hard --- DS1 hardly spit up at all), and one
of his night noises seems to be "burp me!".

Last night around bedtime, DS2 gave me lots of smiles. Surely
not social smiles yet, but it was very cute. Almost seemed
like he was trying out the "smile feature" on his face...

Meanwhile, DS1 is doing pretty well. He's enjoying all the
extra attention from grandparents, and also is finally willing
to go play by himself a bit again. For the first couple of
weeks, it seemed that he was afraid if he dropped our attention
for a moment he wouldn't get it back.

--
Emily
DS1 5/02
Old September 29th 05, 09:52 PM
Mum of Two

"Emily" wrote in message
news
Hi folks,

Things are going well with DS2, though it will be interesting
to see how we settle in next week when MIL & FIL are gone
(so far, we had DH on vacation+my mom, then DH on vacation,
then DH at work but MIL around).

He weighed 11lbs 2oz at his 2 week check up (actually 11lbs 8oz,
but wearing 6oz of cast for his clubfoot) and 11lbs 9oz at
2w2d (yesterday, when we went to get his cast changed).

I'm glad everything is going well. He sure has grown! It must feel really
good to have him home with you, cast or no.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old September 30th 05, 05:08 AM
Emily

Mum of Two wrote:
I'm glad everything is going well. He sure has grown! It must feel really
good to have him home with you, cast or no.

It really is!

--
Emily
DS1 5/02
Old September 30th 05, 09:31 AM
Anne Rogers

that's fab, sounds like Raphael and Ada are quite similar, she was really
noisy as well, and she wouldn't nurse to sleep, I was really craving a
cosleeper as though we had the moses basket next to the bed, it was lower,
so she couldn't see me and then she would get cross, so she used to go to
sleep in the middle of the bed and then get moved.

Are you happy with the club foot treatment? Did you get the type that
Joybelle was mentioning a while back?

Anne

Old September 30th 05, 10:42 PM
Emily

Anne Rogers wrote:
that's fab, sounds like Raphael and Ada are quite similar, she was really
noisy as well, and she wouldn't nurse to sleep, I was really craving a
cosleeper as though we had the moses basket next to the bed, it was lower,
so she couldn't see me and then she would get cross, so she used to go to
sleep in the middle of the bed and then get moved.

We keep it pretty dark, so so far he can't see us anyway. Sometimes
I scootch down the bed and put a hand on him, which probably helps.
Anyway, I'm loving the co-sleeper (though it's a bit annoying to have to
go around it to get out of bed)...

Are you happy with the club foot treatment? Did you get the type that
Joybelle was mentioning a while back?

Yes --- Joybelle directed me to the relevant Yahoo! groups, and
through that I knew what to look for. I was also reassured that
the orthopedic surgeon we're seeing (local expert) is certified
in the method and approved by Dr. Ponseti. There was already a visible
difference after his first cast! I think the real issue though is
the correction holding long term.

--
Emily
DS1 5/02