Another reason why the no-spank flagship is sinking

Old April 10th 06, 07:04 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Another reason why the no-spank flagship is sinking

From the educational goobers that brought you the paddle-free classroom
comes more exciting news. The village idiots have been running off
good teachers before they even get into the classroom. Worse, this was
going on prior to the "educational flatline"!

Most teachers become teachers because they didn't have problems playing
the silly little classroom games educators get paid to play. If the
teacher said black was white and up was down, future teachers
mindlessly wrote down on the test that black was white and up was down.

A little later, discarding all personal experience and common sense,
when the education professor said paddling doesn't work, the future
teacher mindless wrote that paddling doesn't work.

Schools of education turned out perfect little clones able to perfectly
recite and write what they had been told for years. It was the great
lemming march of educational professionals. Never mind half the stuff
was pure garbage. It was true because somebody with an alphabet soup
trail behind their name said it was true.

A large and highly profitable organization was built merely for the
purpose of finding mindless regurgitators of educational poppycock. No
one seems quite sure how much is spent on testing prospective teachers
each year. Estimates range upwards of $100 million! Taxpayers pick up
a healthy chunk of the tab.

Put simply, educational professionals didn't learn anything from
baseball. Over half a century ago, Ted Williams was the best when it
came to swatting a baseball and making to first base. Although
Williams wrote a book on the subject and managed a ball team, he
couldn't tell anyone else how to duplicate his feats.

Much the same thing is true in the classroom. Those best able to take
tests are not always the best ones to teach skills need in the real
world. The problem is made worse because schools have lost control of
discipline and spend too much time trying to cram radical agendas down
students' throats.

Old April 11th 06, 12:43 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Schools that permit paddling have the highest rates of truancy, physical
assault, homocide, and other forms of student violence and disrespect.
There is a statistically significant positive correlation between school
paddling and and the above mentioned variables. I strongly suggest that
you go into the archives and retrieve the posted research before posting
ignorant statements.

Then again, you provide marvelous evidence for not spanking children.

You don't read research. You present your opinions as fact. You have
little credibility. You are uninformed. You are verbally abusive.

I sure wish I had hit my children, and believed in long-term
disrespectful behavior, so my children would some day behave like you.

LaVonne

From the educational goobers that brought you the paddle-free classroom

Old April 17th 06, 03:59 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Greegor wrote:
LaVonne wrote
I sure wish I had hit my children, and
believed in long-term disrespectful behavior,
so my children would some day behave like you.

Which prisons are your kids in?

LaVonne recently brought the group up to date on her daughters.

Seems they are well educated and have busy productive lives and
contribute to society.

My four children are much the same, in fact. Working in Xerox in a
management position, another in accounting with non-profits, another in
industrial manufacturing of heavy construction components, and the last
a mortgage loan officer if I understand her work correctly.

One is an award winning photographer, who just gave me yet another of
his photos, framed for my home. It's a study of a old shack in a forest
of old oaks, late sun slanting in over bare limbs and fallen leaves.

From a distance it reminds me of some of the great landscape artists
works. I can see how he manages to win awards for his work.

My accountant daughter is moving into what can best be described as the
field fiscal ethics. Now studying environmental accounting and funding.
Fascinating. We discussed these things and more over dinner last night.

All had a nice visit. Wish you were here.

And, how is your's?

Life, I mean.

0:-