"tall and slim" toddler boy's clothing?

Old April 23rd 06, 08:06 AM posted to misc.kids

Default "tall and slim" toddler boy's clothing?

Anyone know of any brands of Toddler pants that tend to run slim/tall?
DS (2.25) has such a skinny waste and long legs that most 2Ts are about
2 inches short, and the 3Ts are a tiny bit long but fall off his waste.
His shoulders are wide and his tummy seems a bit thick; he's now
wearing 4T shirts. Funny kid! Maybe he will be a swimmer...

Thanks for any input!
-L.

Old April 23rd 06, 12:18 PM posted to misc.kids

-L. wrote:
Anyone know of any brands of Toddler pants that tend to run slim/tall?
DS (2.25) has such a skinny waste and long legs that most 2Ts are about
2 inches short, and the 3Ts are a tiny bit long but fall off his waste.
His shoulders are wide and his tummy seems a bit thick; he's now
wearing 4T shirts. Funny kid! Maybe he will be a swimmer...

Thanks for any input!
-L.

Levi Strauss and Old Navy are two brands I can think of that carry
jeans for toddlers with an adjustable waistband. This is a problem for
us as well, because Mick is such a skinny boy. I just put darts in his
pants, though.

good luck

lisa
micksmom

Old April 23rd 06, 02:36 PM posted to misc.kids

-L. wrote:
Anyone know of any brands of Toddler pants that tend to run slim/tall?
DS (2.25) has such a skinny waste and long legs that most 2Ts are about
2 inches short, and the 3Ts are a tiny bit long but fall off his waste.
His shoulders are wide and his tummy seems a bit thick; he's now
wearing 4T shirts. Funny kid! Maybe he will be a swimmer...

Thanks for any input!
-L.

Baby Gap has pants with adjustable waistbands - on each side of the
waistband (inside) is a piece of elastic with buttonholes and a button;
you pull it as tight as you need and fasten it to the button. I know
Gap is kind of expensive, but at least they fit. (And Gap has pretty
good sales, IME).

Clisby
Old April 23rd 06, 03:22 PM posted to misc.kids

In article . com, -L. says...

Anyone know of any brands of Toddler pants that tend to run slim/tall?
DS (2.25) has such a skinny waste and long legs that most 2Ts are about
2 inches short, and the 3Ts are a tiny bit long but fall off his waste.
His shoulders are wide and his tummy seems a bit thick; he's now
wearing 4T shirts. Funny kid! Maybe he will be a swimmer...

Thanks for any input!

I had a tall skinny boy and the solution was the Land's End "climber" pants with
elastic waists that can be cinched to whatever size is needed.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?E16B2400D

Banty

Old April 23rd 06, 04:27 PM posted to misc.kids

On 23 Apr 2006 00:06:44 -0700, "-L." wrote:

Anyone know of any brands of Toddler pants that tend to run slim/tall?
DS (2.25) has such a skinny waste and long legs that most 2Ts are about
2 inches short, and the 3Ts are a tiny bit long but fall off his waste.
His shoulders are wide and his tummy seems a bit thick; he's now
wearing 4T shirts. Funny kid! Maybe he will be a swimmer...

Thanks for any input!
-L.

My ds was the same way. I was able to find Wranglers at Sears in the
slim sizes for him.

Nan

Old April 23rd 06, 07:38 PM posted to misc.kids

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know of any brands of Toddler pants that tend to run slim/tall?
DS (2.25) has such a skinny waste and long legs that most 2Ts are about
2 inches short, and the 3Ts are a tiny bit long but fall off his waste.
His shoulders are wide and his tummy seems a bit thick; he's now
wearing 4T shirts. Funny kid! Maybe he will be a swimmer...

Thanks for any input!
-L.

Children's place has pants with these elastics and buttons that allow you to
cynch them down. My DS, with the same scene as yours, had good luck with
them. Also I think Osh Kosh B'Gosh has a slim size.

Old April 23rd 06, 10:29 PM posted to misc.kids

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:38:41 GMT, "Stephanie"
wrote:

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone know of any brands of Toddler pants that tend to run slim/tall?
DS (2.25) has such a skinny waste and long legs that most 2Ts are about
2 inches short, and the 3Ts are a tiny bit long but fall off his waste.
His shoulders are wide and his tummy seems a bit thick; he's now
wearing 4T shirts. Funny kid! Maybe he will be a swimmer...

Thanks for any input!
-L.

Children's place has pants with these elastics and buttons that allow you to
cynch them down. My DS, with the same scene as yours, had good luck with
them. Also I think Osh Kosh B'Gosh has a slim size.

Has anyone found girl's skirts with the same kind of sizing? Dgd is
very skinny, but likes to wear girly clothes at 3.5. She needs a size
4 or 5 length depending on the brands, but can fit a size 2 waist.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old April 23rd 06, 11:18 PM posted to misc.kids

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know of any brands of Toddler pants that tend to run slim/tall?
DS (2.25) has such a skinny waste and long legs that most 2Ts are about
2 inches short, and the 3Ts are a tiny bit long but fall off his waste.
His shoulders are wide and his tummy seems a bit thick; he's now
wearing 4T shirts. Funny kid! Maybe he will be a swimmer...

If you buy 2's instead of 2T's they should be longer and skinnier.
Children's Place boy's pants seem to all be adjustable waisted. If he's
very slim, like DS used to be, Baby Gap had size slim adjustable waist
pants.

Old April 24th 06, 01:44 AM posted to misc.kids

toto wrote:

Children's place has pants with these elastics and buttons that allow you to
cynch them down. My DS, with the same scene as yours, had good luck with
them. Also I think Osh Kosh B'Gosh has a slim size.

Has anyone found girl's skirts with the same kind of sizing? Dgd is
very skinny, but likes to wear girly clothes at 3.5. She needs a size
4 or 5 length depending on the brands, but can fit a size 2 waist.

I haven't seen many girls' clothes that come in
slims, but I have seen a number of girls' skirts that
came with the button elastic adjustable waist. Also,
for summer you can often find drawstring waists. If
you get a skirt with an encased elastic waist, you can
usually snip open the casing and tighten up the elastic.
Just avoid the skirts with no casing and no adjustment,
like knit skirts that zip and don't have an elastic
waist. I noticed recently that Gap seemed to have
quite a few drawstring skirts out, and Gymboree has
button elastic in most of the skirts with fitted
waists (and encased elastic for most of the others).

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old April 24th 06, 04:42 AM posted to misc.kids

Stephanie wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone know of any brands of Toddler pants that tend to run slim/tall?
DS (2.25) has such a skinny waste and long legs that most 2Ts are about
2 inches short, and the 3Ts are a tiny bit long but fall off his waste.
His shoulders are wide and his tummy seems a bit thick; he's now
wearing 4T shirts. Funny kid! Maybe he will be a swimmer...

Thanks for any input!
-L.

Children's place has pants with these elastics and buttons that allow you to
cynch them down. My DS, with the same scene as yours, had good luck with
them. Also I think Osh Kosh B'Gosh has a slim size.

I think Carter's has these, too. I also have found they run slim - at
least, they didn't fit ds during his major pudgy tummy phase.

Irene