Why My Baby II: Atty Schroeder's birth justice means 'Just Us' (MDs and attorneys covertly influencing UBPN?)

Old March 17th 04, 01:20 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Why My Baby II: Atty Schroeder's birth justice means 'Just Us' (MDs and attorneys covertly influencing UBPN?)

For SCHROEDER/UBPN stuff see below... (Key chiropractic obstetrician and
TAIN quotes at the very end of this post.)

BABY PARALYZED? Send this post to your birth trauma attorney. Please copy
me when you do.

ATTORNEY FRAUD...

See Birth trauma attorney [PAMELA PANTAGES] always right?

Attorney Pantages has not responded... I will copy her this post to at
.

MOTHERS OF PARALYZED BABIES: If your birth trauma attorney says something
like OBs and CNMwives close birth canals up to 30% "because they think it
helps" - please contact me immediately - you are dealing with obvious
ATTORNEY FRAUD.

(One woman - pseudonym Antoinette - just wrote to me and said her attorney
told her that OBs knowingly close birth canals "because it helps." See
ANTOINETTE! below.)

PREGNANT WOMEN: OBs and CNMwives *are* closing birth canals up to 30% by
using semisitting and dorsal delivery.

Here's PROOF from The Merck Manual:

"When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are hyperflexed to
increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanu...er253/253g.jsp

LADIES ASK YOURSELVES: WHY are OBs and CNMwives waiting until the head is
out and shoulders get stuck before giving the baby maximum pelvic outlet
diameter?

WHY are we letting OBs and CNMwives force babies' heads through birth canals
senselessly closed up to 30%?

(An estimated 4.6% of "healthy" term babies suffer unexplained brain bleeds!
And babies actually suffer DENTS in their skulls - "pingpong" skull
fractures - though most of these dents/"pingpong" fractures pop out.)

MOTHERS OF PARALYZED BABIES: There is a kicker: OBs and CNMwives are
KEEPING birth canals closed when babies' shoulders get stuck!

That's right! The Merck Manual method for opening the birth canal - like the
ACOG method (see below) - KEEPS THE BIRTH CANAL CLOSED!

For cites from the medical literature for the 30% figure (radiographically
derived)...

See Kitzinger and 28% vs 30% - was scared man here
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2369

UBPN BIRTH TRAUMA "JUSTICE"...

UBPN is the United Brachial Plexus Network, a gathering of mostly mothers of
birth-injured brachial plexus paralyzed babies.

Mothers don't generally hear that OBs and CNMwives are knowingly closing
birth canals up to 30% - not even after they wind up with a paralyzed child!

WHY is UBPN silent on this point even after I told them about it years ago?!

There HAS to be a conspiracy of silence between MD-obstetricians and
attorneys - esp. birth trauma attorneys (Atty Les Weisbrod, URL below, you
reading?)...

As indicated above, one of these mothers, the pseudonymous Antoinette, just
wrote to me and said:

"I met w/my attorneys and asked about the birth canal being closed up
knowingly. They said they do it because it helps. I do not think people
are ready to except or believe this yet, or are willing to listen. I think
that it is a rumor that doctors think this technique helps, either that or
they are criminals. Anyways, keep it up and do what you know is right...."

ANTOINETTE! This is obvious attorney fraud! Your attorneys are either
stupid - or in collusion with MD-obstetricians who are indeed criminals!
MD-obstetricians blame "large size" BABIES for their own birth injuries -
even as they close birth canals/pelvises!

It's not called cephaloPELVIC disproportion for nothing!

UBPN CRAP:

UBPN's "Shared Vision"...

"[W]ork towards the PREVENTION of brachial plexus injuries."
http://www.ubpn.org/ubpnweb.nsf/web/ubpninfo.html

Yeah right...

"CHIROPRACTIC" ATTORNEY MICHAEL J. SCHROEDER, FORMER CHAIRMAN OF THE
CALIFORNIA REPUBLICAN PARTY

UBPN "moderators"/censors published an article about me getting sued for one
million dollars by "chiropractic" Attorney Michael J. Schroeder, former
Chairman of the California Republican Party. (When I was sued, I asked Atty
Schroeder what it would take to make the lawsuit go away. He said he wanted
$1000 dollars and my signature on papers which contained obvious lies. I
refused to sign them - still have them. I spent $2500 trying to get the
trial moved to Oregon where I could afford to defend myself. I lost on
jurisdiction and Atty Schroeder was awarded a default judgement of $25,000
dollars.)

ATTY SCHROEDER'S BIRTH JUSTICE...

Attorney Michael J. Schroeder - via his Rule 302 (and legal defense
thereof) - in effect helped 10 MD-obstetricians tell California
chiropractors that they should not even THINK about telling pregnant women
that MD-obstetricians are knowingly closing birth canals up to 30%...

Years before I was sued by Attorney Schroeder, I personally was EXPLICITLY
told (by a man calling himself Attorney Michael Schroeder of the Calif.
Chiro Bd!) that it was outside my scope of practice to tell pregnant women
that MD-obstetricians are knowingly closing birth canals up to 30%! (It was
a telephone call - I cannot possibly know that this Atty Schroeder was the
same Atty Schroeder who later sued me - but I strongly suspect it was.)

As a consequence of that telephone call from the man calling himself
Attorney Schroeder of the Calif. Chiro. Bd I stopped paying for my license
to practice chiropractic. I thought: Why should I pay to be told I can't
do what unlicensed, undegreed people CAN do?

Besides, if I am successful in my unlicensed NON-SPINAL chiropractic
adjusting here - I will have stimulated MOTHERS to save tiny lives and tiny
limbs and PREVENT more vertebral subluxations than licensed DCs will ever be
able to charge to adjust by hand.

See LAWRENCE TAIN, DC/VERTEBRAL SUBLUXATION postscript below...

Incidentally, I discussed the two (?) Atty Schroeders in my reply to the
UBPN post about the Schroeder/Rule 302 lawsuit...

UBPN "moderators"/censors CENSORED my reply!

UBPN is CROOKED...

UBPN may be an "attorney front" to CONCEAL the fact that obstetricians are
knowingly closing birth canals.

Why is there NOTHING about the obvious obstetric/CNMwifery birth crime on
the UBPN website?

UBPN may be CAUSING brachial plexus injuries - intentionally - via silence!

Why ELSE would UBPN have ignored me years ago (see UBPN benefactor Atty Les
Weisbrod in Why My Baby I, excerpt below)?

Why else would UBPN be CENSORING me now?

If UBPN had not ignored me years ago - many children might have been spared
being paralyzed.

At the very least UBPN could take my INFORMATION about OBs knowingly closing
birth canals and post THAT.

The following is my reply to the posting of the article about me and the
Schroeder/Rule 302 matter...

I copied the UBPN Board Members listed below - NO response yet.

Here are their names again: UBPN Pres. Nancy Birk and her fellow board
members: Cathy
Kanter, Peggy Ferguson, Kim West, Sabrina Randolph, Jennifer Engelhardt,
Krista Heikkinen, Richard Looby, Kathleen M. Mallozzi, Karen McClune and
Tami Schenck

I will copy them this post too.

UBPN is CROOKED.

BEGIN excerpt of Why my baby? Attorneys trolling bad births -

GOOD...UBPN silence -
BAD...

#### Former UBPN Outreach Editor Bridget McGinn was going to print an
article by me a few years back - but it never happened.

#### Subsequently, I emailed Bridget about bizarre silence of UBPN Outreach
benefactor and star attorney Les Weisbrod...

See Baby Attorney Les Weisbrod! (also: GASTALDO'S ABSTRACT edited/proofed)

#### Never got a response from her - or from Les.

Have you written to the AMA, or any political figures?

##### Yes and yes. For example, regarding AMA, search
http://groups.google.com for Gastaldo, JAMA, RAMA

##### Regarding political figures - I wrote to a powerful CALIFORNIA
(behind-the-scenes) political figure [the above mentioned ATTY MICHAEL J.
SCHROEDER]

See Tain, BPI and the Schroeder/Rule 302 matter
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2365

What kind of

[ATTY SCHROEDER SUED ME FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS; see below]

##### Silence mostly - and some INDIGNATION - like for example
listowner Brenda Copeland-Moore's indignation (see below) at
my assertion that it's 1) CHILD ABUSE for OBs to knowingly close birth
canals
and that it's 2) FAILURE TO REPORT child abuse for BPI surgeons like Rahul
K. Nath, MD to fail to report it.

#### NOTE: Rahul K. Nath, MD does pediatric surgery so maybe that makes him
a pediatrician...

#### One pediatrician wrote in 1986:

"What a terrible indictment...guilty of failing those for whom we have
chosen to be advocates." [Finkel KC: The failure to report child abuse.
AJDC, 1986;140:329-330]

#### Rahul doesn't even say on his BPI web page that OBs are knowingly
closing birth canals - even as he blames "large size" BABIES for their own
birth injuries!
http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/injury/children.asp

##### Does indignant Brenda - who posted ad hominem instead of replying -
*really* think Rahul has reported the obvious obstetric crime as child
abuse!? (Or maybe she doesn't think obstetricians knowingly closing birth
canals should be reported as child abuse?)

#### Indignant Brenda has censored me from her "unmoderated"
list
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2368

#### I just looked - Indignant Brenda appears to be subscribed to
chiro-list - which *IS* unmoderated...

A DROWNING METAPHOR...

At some point, parents loyal to fine surgeons [eg Indignant Brenda] have GOT
to realize that
surgeons saving babies from drowning are PERFECTLY positioned to stop
obstetricians from pushing babies over the cliff upstream!

##### Brenda followed up her indignation with ad hominem attack which was
duplicated over
on UBPN [by Cathy Puley - who I am convinced innocently posted it because
people have been slandering doctors]...

See again: Tain, BPI and the Schroeder/Rule 302 matter
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2365

UBPN moderators/censors are STILL scrutinizing my "Tain, BPI/Schroeder/Rule
302" reply...

On the same thread a a UBPN moderator/censor is flip-flopping on checking
TRUTH...

First UBPN Pres. Nancy Birk says she "cannot check" - CANNOT KNOW whether or
not something said in a UBPN post is true (and therefore NOT defamation)...

But THEN she says (in effect) that she CAN know the truth - that something
*is* defamation - if she and her fellow moderators/censors think it is (!) -
as in,

"UBPN cannot check to determine if any statements made are true or untrue.
We define slander, therefore, broadly, to encompass any defamation of
character. Defamation as a legal term means statements that harm a person's
standing in the community, and that may expose him/her to public contempt,
hatred, ridicule or condemnation...Also our message board policy addresses
the issue of the 'tone' o[f] messages, the way someone writes something. It
should be done in a respecful manner and states that 'courteous and
respectful posts are expected from all participants'."
http://www.ubpn.org/messageboard/thr...17&thread=8700
http://lists.topica.com/lists/erbs/r...?mid=808783724

As noted above, I told UBPN YEARS ago that obstetricians are knowingly
closing birth canals...

Will someone please find a "respectful" way to say to UBPN (in an acceptable
"tone") that obstetricians are closing birth canals and *UBPN* is STILL
silent about this obvious obstetric crime!

Will someone ask UBPN to put this right up front on the UBPN web page where
OBs and parents (and attorneys) can see it?

I'll copy the UBPN moderator/censor at

Is anyone helping you?

##### Various people inquire - you for example - and that helps.

##### Also, some women report that they allowed their birth canals to open
maximally because of me. That too helps.

#### (One lady humorously said she "channeled" me during her delivery!)

Do you have
written documentation that would be valid in a [trial] for a bpi case?

##### Sorry to get E-motional here but - ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH - the written
documentation has been in the medical literature since
early last century!

##### OBs are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals!

##### I suggested in my Open Letter to Attorney Mancini that OBs HAVE to
close birth canals because stopping would be
tantamount to admitting a massive birth crime that sometimes kills or
paralyzes
babies.

See again: Attorney looking for 'credible' OB/GYNs...

##### I was SO pleased when Attorney Mancini responded - but now he's gone
silent on the issue.

#### I'm wondering whether Anthony checked his own stable of "credible"
OB/GYNs (as I suggested he should) to see whether he had an OB/GYN brave
enough to speak out and tell a jury that OB/GYNs are knowingly closing birth
canals and KEEPING birth canals closed when shoulders get stuck. Anthony -
you reading?

##### Attorney Mancini hasn't remarked regarding my post suggesting that
MOTHERS could learn in 5 minutes how to show a jury how OBs are closing
birth canals.

See the end of: Tain, BPI and the Schroeder/Rule 302 matter
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2365

ATTORNEYS TROLLING BAD BIRTHS - GOOD!!!

##### I see Attorney Mancini and another BPI attorney (Ken Levine) are
trolling for business on ...
http://lists.topica.com/lists/erbs/r...?mid=808785409

NEGLIGENT DELIVERY TECHNIQUES?

##### Attorney Mancini just wrote to :

"Your child's Brachial Plexus Injury may likely be the result of negligent
delivery techniques employed by your doctor during your child's delivery..."

http://lists.topica.com/lists/erbs/r...?mid=808783724

##### OBs are ADMITTING (on video!) that they are closing birth canals up
to 30% - and that's the best Attorney Mancini can do?!!

#### Anthony, why not say:

"If - like most women - you gave birth on your back or semisitting, your OB
closed your birth
canal up to 30%. OBs senselessly closing birth canals is obvious
demonstrable negligence - quite relevant to causation of brachial plexus
injury/BPI."

#### Such a letter/email sent out by an ATTORNEY would be sure to get the
attention of OBs and possibly stop some OBs from closing birth canals.

##### REMEMBER: The United Brachial Plexus Network (UBPN) says:

"Brachial plexus injuries most often occur during the birthing process...as
a result of excessive traction or force being applied to the infant's head
during delivery."
http://www.ubpn.org/ubpnweb.nsf/web/information.html

##### Why is there NOTHING on the UBPN website about obstetricians knowingly
closing birth canals up to 30%?

##### Why is there nothing about obstetricians KEEPING the birth canal
closed when shoulders get stuck?

##### I SAY AGAIN: I told UBPN about obstetricians knowingly closing birth
canals YEARS ago.

##### UBPN's "Shared Vision" is to,

"[W]ork towards the PREVENTION of brachial plexus injuries."
http://www.ubpn.org/ubpnweb.nsf/web/ubpninfo.html

##### Babies are getting PARALYZED. Some are DYING. (Australian
obstetrician Norman Beischer, MD has guessed that 10 to 15% of stillbirths
were just fine right before delivery.)

##### If women don't hear my PREVENTION message BEFORE birth....

##### At the very least they should hear it/see it on the UBPN website when
they wind up with a paralyzed baby!

##### UBPN - with its stated Shared Vision of PREVENTION - should state
right up front on the UBPN website that OBs are knowingly closing birth
canals and KEEPING birth canals closed when shoulders get stuck...

See again: ACOG birth crime video evidence
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2300

##### BTW, *Brenda Copeland-Moore* - when she gets over her indignation -
could say the same thing right up front at:
http://lists.topica.com/lists/erbs

##### These are EASY things to do. Again, OBs are indirectly ADMITTING on
video that they are closing birth canals!

##### Here is the same admission in The Merck Manual:

"When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are hyperflexed to
increase the
diameter of the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanu...er253/253g.jsp

Note: Merely hyperflexing the mother's thighs is BAD McRoberts and does NOT
increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet!

See again: ACOG birth crime video evidence
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2300

#### Here are the simple grisly biomechanics of semisitting (and dorsal)
delivery clearly stated more recently by Jason Gardosi, MD, director of the
British National Health
Service/NHS West Midlands Perinatal Institute/WMPI...

"...the weight of the mother is in part taken on the sacrum which is
therefore pushed upwards, thus decreasing the antero-posterior diameter of
the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.wmpi.net/reviews/oe/oe_shoulder_dystocia.htm

#### Jason Gardosi, MD also notes - same site - an alternative method of
GOOD McRoberts. Cool!

#### The strange thing is - Jason Gardosi, MD et al. also recommend
semisitting delivery (closing birth canal)!!!

#### Visitors to the just cited WMPI website read in WMPI's Pregnancy
Notes

"The second stage...You might want to remain in bed with your back propped
up with pillows...As you push, try to
let yourself 'open up' below..."
http://www.preg.info/book/chapter11.htm

##### Thanks for writing again, Allison...

#### Sincerely,

##### Todd

##### Dr. Gastaldo )

#### Copied to UBPN Pres. Nancy Birk and her fellow board members: Cathy
Kanter, Peggy Ferguson, Kim West, Sabrina Randolph, Jennifer Engelhardt,
Krista Heikkinen, Richard Looby, Kathleen M. Mallozzi, Karen McClune and
Tami Schenck

END excerpt of Why my baby? Attorneys trolling bad births - GOOD...UBPN

silence -
BAD...

Sorry to be repetitive but MD and CNMwives are repetively closing birth
canals!

The Dynamic Chiropractic/Petersen article that Cathy Puley posted to UBPN
about me is EXTREMELY relevant to BPI...

Schroeder in effect helped 10 MD-obstetricians attempt to shut Calif. chiros
up about the birth crime!

Years before Schroeder sued me, a man calling himself Schroeder, attorney
for the Calif. Bd of Chiro Examiners told me it was not with in my scope of
practice to tell pregnant women that OBs are knowingly closing birth canals!

I can't prove that the two Schroeders are the same - but it sure seems
likely.

For details, see...

Tain, BPI and the Schroeder/Rule 302 matter
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2365

Attorney Schroeder HAS his default judgement, WHY is he ignoring the birth
crime?

As I said on my subject line:

CHIROS: Atty Schroeder's birth justice means 'Just Us' (MDs and attorneys
covertly influencing UBPN?)

I'll copy this to Atty Schroeder via Don Petersen, editor of Dynamic
Chiropractic at

Thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS LAWRENCE TAIN, DC (Tain et al. plaintiff) says newborns can have
VERTEBRAL SUBLUXATIONS:

Do children need chiropractic care?
Since significant spinal trauma can occur at birth, many parents have their
newborns immediately checked for vertebral subluxation. Naturally,
chiropractic adjusting procedures are adapted for the child's spine. Many
childhood health complaints that are brushed off can be traced to the spine.
Health problems that emerge in adulthood could often be prevented by having
your children's spine checked by a chiropractor early. Most parents report
that their children enjoy their chiropractic adjustments and are healthier
than their peers.
http://www.chiropractic-doctors.us/L...ropractor.html

Dr. Tain is right - significant spinal trauma CAN occur at birth - and
parents of brachial plexus injured/BPI children know this best.

JUST THINK As a consequence of Schroeder/Rule 302, Calif. MDs can close
birth canals up to 30%, gruesomely manipulate most babies' spines -
sometimes sever NERVES - and Calif DCs - who used to attend homebirths -
can't even sever UMBILICAL CORDS!

NOTE: My preference would be for independent midwives to come back. But if
California's independent midwifery law (eliminated in 1993) is never
restored - I think the Tain et al. lawsuit is the only hope for independent
midwifery in California. Such midwives would be DCs - but they would be
independent of medicine...which is crucial. [Which brings to mind the
important question: Is chiropractic independent of medicine? The chiro
silence about MDs closing birth canals and gruesomely manipulating most
babies' spines indicates that chiropractors are either part of the silent
conspiracy between attorneys and MDs - or they fear them - or both.]

Key quotes...

"Chiropractic Education...include[s]...OBSTETRICS..."
--American Chiropractic Association/ACA Chairman James Edwards, DC and
Cynthia Vaughn, DC
http://www.jamesedwards.com/educate.htm (emphasis added)

"Obstetrics is the art of midwifery...If the accoucheur is a Chiropractor,
he can adjust...thereby preventing disease."
--Dr. DD Palmer, Founder of Chiropractic [1910:789]

Chiropractors don't need to attend births to prevent disease - to stop OBs
from closing birth canals!

BTW, MY DEFINITION OF CHIROPRACTIC ("a science of applied neurophysiologic
diagnosis") appears in three editions of Dorland's Illustrated Medical
Dictionary [1988, 1994, 2000]...

See Dorland's: Preventing VS by educating OBs (also: New defn of chiro in
Dorland's)

I diagnosed the obstetric cause of many birth problems by applying
neurophysiology:

I saw that some babies nerves weren't conducting after OBs pulled on their
spines.

I "looked to the spine" as chiros often do - that is - I looked to the
MOTHER'S spine - and saw OBs knowingly denying massive amounts of sacroiliac
motion.

I started administering NON-SPINAL (educational) chiropractic adjustments -
telling pregnant women that OBs were knowingly closing birth canals.

Which brings me back to...

ATTY SCHROEDER'S BIRTH JUSTICE...

THE CHILDBIRTH ISSUES IN CALIFORNIA...

Randi (who I think is due any day now) just wrote:

"you know, todd, i work for a chiropractor who is originally from
california.
he became licensed after the childbirth issues in CA..."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...40adelphia.com

Doctors of chiropractic in California attended thousands of homebirths and
then...

In the late 80s early 90s Attorney Michael J. Schroeder - via his Rule 302
(and legal defense thereof) - in effect helped 10 MD-obstetricians tell
California chiropractors that they should not even THINK about telling
pregnant women that MD-obstetricians are knowingly closing birth canals up
to 30%...

I was sued by Attorney Schroeder in the late 90s - but in the early 90s I
[...]

OBs and CNMwives are knowingly closing birth canals and GRUESOMELY
manipulating most babies' spines!

WHERE are my chiropractic colleagues on this one!?

Where is "chiropractic" Attorney Schroeder?

Where is the American Academy of Spine Physicians/AASP (chiropractic
physicians and neurosurgeons)?

NOTE: I was pleased when AASP member Ed Cremata, DC asked to be put back ON
my mailing list after receivinig the following...

See 'Floppy babies' and AASP (and MD Manipulation Under Anesthesia)

Again, thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS Randi (quoted above) also writes regarding BACK PAIN in her pregnancy:

"i didn't start treatment with him until after DD2 [dear daughter 2] was
born, but since i've
worked there through this pregnancy and been able to be adjusted whenever i
need it, it has made a world of difference in the sciatica and low back pain
i experienced last time. i've seen a chiropractor for about 16 years now,
but no one ever told me to see one while i was pregnant, and it simply
amazes me that even my own OB's say that [sciatica and low back pain are]
just something you have to
live with and everyone goes through it.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...40adelphia.com

For the key chiropractic obstetrician TAIN quotes, scroll up a little...
This post will be instantly archived for global access at:

Within 24 hours it will be in the Google groups archive. Search
http://groups.google.com for "Why My Baby II: Atty Schroeder's birth justice
means 'Just Us' (MDs and attorneys covertly influencing UBPN?)"