Mark Probert

Old November 26th 05, 09:39 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Default Mark Probert

"Coleah" wrote in message
Amen, Betty.

Again the distinction: creatively active or run-a-muck.
(Of course hyper activity is only one tiny piece of kids behavior and
whether or not they respond to behavior correcting 'requests' to calm
down, sit down, be still or not.)

Parents whose kids display behavior of emotional/psychological problems
(which could be helped via counseling) may find that medication (eased
into and out of) can help their child to be receptive to treatment.

I tried counseling and medications.
I became very fearful of one med that my son was taking because he started
to have gusher nosebleeds for no apparent reason...just sitting there and
BOOM.
Another issue was a bruised looking circle that kept coming up on his back.
I took him to the ER the first time I saw it and the DR said that he had no
idea what it was. I drilled my son because he had been to a concert that
weekend that featured the likes of Lynyrd Skynyrd and Meatloaf and it DID
look like he was hit with the end of a beer bottle or something like that.
He said that he had not been hit and had not had any accidents of any kind.
So I scoured the internet for info on alternative type treatments.
It soon became clear that the best treatement available was consistent
discipline and methods of reward for good behavior and constant supervision.

It took quite some time to smooth things out, but my son is doing much
better.

My daughter, however, reached maturity before any real intervention could be
done with her. She's not fairing quite as well.

The kids who have a real chemical imbalance in their brain are hard
pressed these days to find a doctor to prescribe medication. I'm hearing
there is a lack of child psychiatrists. I'm hearing that regular
psychiatrists won't see kids, because of the financial liability. So kids
who really, really need help from medication (and their families) are
suffering because of a few 'sue happy' parents who's kid could not be
helped in time. It makes my stomach turn.

Yes it's a shame. Nothing helps the chemical imbalance but medications,
though other things coupled with meds do help a great deal.

I understand that some of the reluctance to prescribe is caused by the
accusation that these meds can cause drug addiction in later life...which is
true, but the child needs to be off the meds long before maturity to ensure
that does not happen.

Betty, I pray that your children have been able to get relief and lead a
productive 'normal' life now.

It's a win/lose situation, but some day...I hope, things will be better for
all.

thanks for the prayers.

BTW - from my studying of ADHD, ODD and CD....I found an interesting
observation in several adults who post to newsgroups.....particularly
those who display ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder). As in, defiantly
challenging known 'authority' figures. It may not be too unusual to see
in a person have "A" cause that they are involved with. However, an ODD
'activist' opposes multiple authority figures, multiple causes, multiple
points of views.....has an over-board, often hostile, focus on the act of
'defying', itself. Folks with ODD are helped by anti-psychotic
medication.

"Dragon's Girl" wrote in message
et...
I love the authority on bipolar kids that Jan seems to post with.
A littel article written by someone, who even knows who it is, and there
ya go...it's all cut and dried.

Bull****.

I have a daughter who was DX bipolar manic depressive when she was 14.

These descriptions are NOTHING like my daughter.

Try some of these: sleeps all the time, low self esteem, confusion, lack
of attention necessary for learning, no interest in anything, suicidal,
drug abuse, promiscuity, serious lack of concern for issues such as
sexually transmitted disease-pregnancy and death, fits of rage that last
for minutes-hours-and sometimes days that result in harm to others,
property, and self, complete disrespect for others well being----and let
me tell you, I can tell you stories about this kid that would make your
hair stand on end...

Not only is my daughter a bipolar manic depressive, but my son is
bipolar, has conduct disorder, add/adhd and obsessive compulsive
disorder.

I would come home from work and find doors literally ripped in half just
hanging on the door frame. At one point my two bipolar children got into
an arguement at a neighbor's house and my daughter assaulted my son with
a knife with such contempt and disregard for his life that I had her
confined for almost two years and filed assault charges against her...she
was almost 15.

My son would start to cook, lose interest in what he was cooking, leave
it sitting on the counter, start something else, and continue until he
ran out of food or dishes...he was 14 at the time.

My daughter would make up stories...she would tell people to call DFS
because I did not feed her (she was obviously about 30 poiunds over
weight), I would get phone calls from outraged parents such as one that I
got in October of 2002 when a woman cussed me out for being a
STRIPPER...something I have never done in my life, but my daughter was
telling people at school that I did that for a living and they were going
home and telling their parents.

People would come to my work and attack me for other things that my
daughter had said...that I owned several guns (which I didn't then but I
do now) and that I had threatened her with one, that I had beat her with
beer bottles (which DID happen to a friend of her's and I kicked her
mom's ass for doing that to her), that I stole her money, that I was a
meth addict and was in 'business', the list goes on and on and I almost
lost two jobs because of the harassment. I literally had to file for a
restraining order against one woman who my daughter sucked in and I did
so on the advice of the juvenile office who received many calls from this
woman asking personal questions about me and making absurd accusations
that they knew were not true.

My bipolar son would have such fits that things were broken, food thrown
all over the house, things set on fire, and our whole lives were
disrupted by me having to watch him every second and not be able to work
or have a social life.

So whoever wrote this little essay here needs to talk to someone who
REALLY knows that bipolar and mentally disturbed kids aren't what they
are making them out to be.

And if jan thinks this is how the kids are then she don't know her ass
from a hole in the ground either.

"Coleah" wrote in message

There is a world of difference between a creative, active child
and
a self-centered, run-a-muck little darling who is having
lot's of 'fun' in their own little world, but not minding or obeying,
getting bad grades, having detention for disrupting the class. It's
obvious that along with displaying lack of self-control and the ability
to follow directions and complete assignments (as is age appropriate)
that there is a big behavior problem in that kinds brain.

That is the simple distinction: creative & active or run-a-muck.

Newsgroups: misc.handicap
From: "Bryn" - Find messages by
this author
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:14:24 GMT
Subject: Mark Probert
original | Report Abuse

Wow, for a minute there, I almost believed that you, Mark, had a bi
polar
disorder that made you have such strange night and day mood swings. And
then
I realized, HEY! I have bi polar disorder, and I don't do that, I don't
go
on a newsgroup, state my opinions, and then suddenly come on one day
and
claim like a dopey child that I'm so sorry I just started my meds and
I'm
much better now and I should be ashamed of myself. You are so High
school,
Son Of Bullsh*t. The conversation is no longer boring, you are just a
dumb
a$$. You claim you came here looking for intelligent conversation,
unfortunately, you came unarmed. As (The Real) Mark Probert once said
"Back
under your bridge!"

Newsgroups: sci.psychology.psychotherapy,
alt.support.anxiety-panic, alt.support.depression,
alt.support.depression.manic, alt.support.ocd,
alt.support.attn-deficit, alt.support.eating-disord, misc.kids.health,
alt.activism.children
From: SSRIHater - Find
messages by this author
Date: 18 Mar 2001 01:02:03 GMT
Subject: Just say no to Mark Probert the child-abuse shill
original | Report Abuse

http://news.excite.com/news/uw/01031...5?printstory=1

Kids shouldn't be drugged for acting their age

By Andrew Banyai
The State News
Michigan State U.

(U-WIRE) EAST LANSING, Mich. -- "My name is Dylan, and I'm 8 1/2
years old. I don't like going to the doctor. But my mommy said I
had to go today. She said the doctor would make me better. That's
good, I guess. But I don't feel sick at all.

"But it wasn't so bad this time. Normally I go and see Dr. Chung
when I'm sick and he uses a tongue depressor and gives me pink
stuff and I don't like the tongue depressor 'cause it makes me
gag, but I really like the pink stuff. It's really good.

"Anyways, this time I went to see Dr. Ciba. Dr. Ciba was really
nice and he didn't use any tongue depressors at all. He just
wanted me to play with things and answer questions. After I'd say
something he'd make a mark on his paper, but he didn't write as
much as Dr. Chung does when I'm sick.

"Sometimes when the teacher's talking about something I really
want to go outside and I really like recess 'cause we get to go
outside and play games. Sometimes I want to go outside so bad I
can't sit down and I want to start playing a game right in class.
Mommy says that's why I'm sick and that I have to take a pill
every day that will make me better.

"She says lots of other kids have to take the pill, just like
me."

Mommy is right. A lot of other kids in America have the same
problem as Dylan, and they have to take the pill too.

One of the cutest things I notice about little kids, little boys
in particular, is their eagerness to play. Give them someone who
wants to play wrestle, and instinct completely takes over as they
crawl and grab every body part they can climb. At restaurant
meals, it is absolutely impossible to maintain more than one
5-year-old. They are just too energetic.

They're born that way. Little kids' motors run faster than ours
by design. At this stage of their development, they want all the
movement and play they can get.

It doesn't help that the modern, fast-paced way of life that runs
us so dogged also affects them. If there's ever a dull moment,
kids have access to chat rooms where they can talk with 20 people
at the same time, or a CD-ROM where they can command an army of
spaceships against some aliens.

And if none of these are accessible, there's always "Lucifer's
Box," a strobe light that pacifies kids into zombies with rapid,
three-second scene depictions of the most exciting parts of adult
life. At my parents' house, my sister has a menu of around 300
channels to choose from. Children grow up used to a constant
stream of entertainment.

In today's society, their minds are flying just as fast as their
bodies. And the pharmaceutical industry's solution to our
childrens' difficulty concentrating is to give them an
amphetamine we know nothing about.

Hailed as a wonder drug, Ritalin makes kids more docile and
easier for teachers and parents to control by removing their
creative impulses to use their imaginations and let their minds
wander. It also makes them less prone to want to play.

It wouldn't be quite so outrageous if doctors had any idea what
they were doing. But Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and
Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) don't manifest
themselves physically. These things kids are taking pills for are
not diseases. There's no physical examination a doctor can do to
determine if a child has ADD or ADHD. And there's no evidence
whatsoever to indicate that it results from a malfunction in the
brain or body.

We're expected to believe all those kids in American classrooms
forced by their parents to take amphetamines just have "bad"
chemicals in their brain. Right. And I suppose because boys are
diagnosed five times more than girls, boys are five times more
likely to have these "bad" chemicals.

"But, Andrew," you say, "my doctor wouldn't give anything to my
sibling/child that they didn't understand." Think so? Well, let's
look at the manufacturer's definition of how Ritalin works. It
works like this: "There is neither specific evidence which
clearly establishes the mechanisms whereby Ritalin produces its
mental and behavioral effects in children, nor conclusive
evidence regarding how these effects relate to the central
nervous system."

Uhh OK. Thanks. Well, what do we know about it? It's classified
by the government as a Schedule II drug -- the same category as
cocaine and heroin -- with a high potential for abuse. It's
highly addictive, and it certainly stunts growth in children.
That's about it.

It's an amphetamine. That's all. That's what millions of kids all
over America are being prescribed for their "disorder" every
year. That it works is completely irrelevant. It's dangerous,
it's synthetic and, most of all, it's unfair.

Kids need to learn how to deal with all their mental and physical
energy. And I think the first step, as simplistic as it sounds,
is to unplug that ever-present television. No human can possibly
concentrate on a teacher for eight hours straight. How can we
expect our children, with all their energy, to do it when they
don't even know how to be alone with their thoughts?

Chemical stimulants are nothing new to our culture, and it is
with a sense of irony that I finish my second cup of coffee as I
write this conclusion. But to force an amphetamine we know
nothing about upon an entire generation of youth to make them
more pliable is horrifying. In my eyes, it's like me showing up
at your house every morning and forcing you to snort a line of
cocaine.

These drugs are a simple and lazy solution to a very complex
problem that needs more than prescription. It needs attention.

--
"You shall not lie with mankind as with womankind; it is an
abomination"
Leviticus 18:22 "And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind,
both of
them have committed abomination: they shall be put to death" Leviticus
20:13
"And the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were
consumed
with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men
and
receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error." Romans
1:27
"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of
God?
Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, not adulteres,
nor
HOMOSEXUALS, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers,
nor
robbers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9,10
Visit my home pages - http://www.geocities.com/ssrihater/antissri.html
and
http://www.geocities.com/prozakian/page1.html (buy meds-resistant
T-shirts)

2. Mark Probert
Mar 17 2001, 5:40 pm show options

Newsgroups: sci.psychology.psychotherapy,
From: (Mark Probert) - Find
messages by this author
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:33:55 GMT
Subject: Just say no to Mark Probert the child-abuse
shill

On 18 Mar 2001 01:02:03 GMT, SSRIHater

wrote:

AndyBoy, I just saw my TWO sons fifteen seconds ago. When was the
last
time you saw or abused yours?

At services this morning, when the rabbi asked myyounger son what
he
is thankful for, he said his mother and his father.

Too bad yours is afraid of you.

Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement, alt.support.attn-deficit,
alt.support.depression, alt.support.depression.manic,
alt.support.depression.medication, misc.kids, misc.kids.breastfeeding,
misc.kids.health, misc.kids.pregnancy, sci.psychology.psychotherapy
From: "flight ofthe phoenix"
NoMoreDeathThreats@FromPsych-drug-junkies-please! - Find messages by
this author
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:58:11 -0400
Subject: parents - look at: http://www.ritalinfraud.com/
Hey **** head know-it-all probert!

LYING MENTAL CASE, PSYCH. DRUG PUSHER ON KIDS, Mark Probert

wrote in message

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:00:45 -0700, wrote:

http://www.ritalinfraud.com/

now go stalk and harass them.

A bogus suit where its clone was tossed out of court on a motion
dismiss for failure to state a claim. IOW,the judge almost died
laughing.

You have the transcript?
OR you just flapping your mentally defective lying tounge?

BTW, WAS THAT ALL YOU FOUND ON THAT SITE??

ANY SIDE EFFECTS FROM DRUGGING KIDS?
EH MENTAL

Old November 27th 05, 04:13 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Default Mark Probert the Fraud!

wrote:
JanD wrote:

And, by posting this crap, you think it bothers me? Well, it does, as it
again demonstrates that you are a worthless human being who would do or
say anything, just like your handler, to trash another human being.

Mark you have demonstrated time and time again on these ngs that you
are just a worthless human being who would do or say anything in order
to trash another human being.

I would suggest that you get your own house in order before you try
trashing the rest of the world. Your family seems to be just another
victim of yours. And, I don't mind saying so.

Just thought that Mark ' worthless human being' might want to know.

As usual, Mark takes NO responsibilty for HIS behavior, *I* had absolutely
nothing whatsoever to do with it. *I* do not post on these newsgroups!

What is wrong with this loathsome creature? Mark is a fraud!

Hardly, but with your imaginary intelligence, it is understandable that
you would be confused.

Mark is not an academic, nor is he a scientist.

True, idiot. I never claimed to be one.

Lawyers are the exact opposite of a scientist. The American legal
system is certainly anti-scientific. And, Mark of course is NOT even a
lawyer.

Correct, again, and I never claimed to be on.

Mark is just a low life that needs to go away.

Go away, Mark, you creep!

Like any bigot racist, you just cannot stand the fact that you have been
exposed for what you a an error. \

Just my opinion, but I am always right.

The only way you can always be right is by getting a cephalotomy.

Old November 27th 05, 05:21 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Mark Probert wrote:
wrote:
JanD wrote:

And, by posting this crap, you think it bothers me? Well, it does, as it
again demonstrates that you are a worthless human being who would do or
say anything, just like your handler, to trash another human being.

Mark you have demonstrated time and time again on these ngs that you
are just a worthless human being who would do or say anything in order
to trash another human being.

I would suggest that you get your own house in order before you try
trashing the rest of the world. Your family seems to be just another
victim of yours. And, I don't mind saying so.

Just thought that Mark ' worthless human being' might want to know.

As usual, Mark takes NO responsibility for HIS behavior, *I* had absolutely
nothing whatsoever to do with it. *I* do not post on these newsgroups!

What is wrong with this loathsome creature? Mark is a fraud!

Mark is not an academic, nor is he a scientist.

Lawyers are the exact opposite of a scientist. The American legal
system is certainly anti-scientific. And, Mark of course is NOT even a
lawyer.

Correct, again, and I never claimed to be on.

Huh?

Mark are you 'on?'

Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

I think Mark is on drugs.

Just my opinion, but I am never wrong when I am talking to Mark.

Old November 27th 05, 05:25 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

wrote:

JanD wrote:

[...]

Johnny, let me type this real slowly for you:

I_NEVER_CLAIMED_TO_BE_AN_ATTORNEY.

Mark are you 'on?'

Yes, my brain is on. Unlike you, it is never off.

Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

I think Mark is on drugs.

Just my opinion, but I am never wrong when I am talking to Mark.

Actually, you have yet to be right.

Advice for Dads Troy Pregnancy 36 October 8th 05 12:08 AM
'Terrible acts': Rima Laibow, MD - hypocrite - babies be damned - Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 52 September 22nd 05 08:53 PM
Barrett/Polevoy Flack Mark S Probert has become Unglued Ilena Rose Kids Health 16 March 4th 05 08:36 PM
Mark S. Probert from Merrick, NY ... 10th Judicial District Ilena Rose Kids Health 81 August 29th 04 11:52 PM
Why I bother posting to usenet... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 3 May 31st 04 05:36 AM