| Teen faces expulsion and felony for loaning girlfriend medicine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 9th 03, 06:23 PM
Kane

Default | Teen faces expulsion and felony for loaning girlfriend medicine

On 09 Oct 2003 16:54:40 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

Hey, Billy!

Unbelievable. What state?

Texas, Conroe, a Houston suburb, Caney Creek Highschool.

Don't you even bother to read before you go off all stupid?

There are some twists to this story. The school may DISLIKE THIS

KID, and want
him out.

Naw, CPS did it. They set him up.

Or the School Board is incredibly stupid.

Do you know something we don't? The Zero tolerance policy isn't a
school board matter. They don't get to overrule state or federal law,
or didn't you know that? Even the reporter got that wrong, but if you
had read you'd have found out better later in the article.

I wonder if the reporter "may DISLIKE THIS" schoolboard?

This particular law is state. As in (if you had read) "But school
officials say that Brandon had been warned about loaning his inhaler,
and that new state laws mean their hands are tied when it comes to
zero tolerance and drugs."

The poster gave you the clickable URL. Couldn't you get your little
twig to push the button on your mouse?

You can die, as the Mom says, very quickly too, from an asthma

attack.
Especially in the autumn, which is a terrible season for pollens and

mold.

Yep. Obviously CPS was at fault. They should have protected the child
from pollens and mold.

Hope the SB is ready to pay out.

School board? Why? they didn't make the law. They simply have to
follow it. Sad, idnit? But not as sad as your life.

Tell Billy you are sorry for forwarding his post and lying...there's a
good Cabbage.

This reporter the one that taught you to write, Bark?

Kane

Billy sent in: And a FELONY, too?? ;-((

Subject: Teen faces expulsion and felony for loaning girlfriend

medicine
From: "billy f"

Date: 10/9/2003 8:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/100...l_inhaler.html

ABC13 Eyewitness News
(10/08/03 - CONROE) - There's controversy over a school's zero

tolerance
drug policy. Some say it's gone too far. A 15-year-old faces

expulsion after
giving an inhaler to his girlfriend during an asthma attack that

happened at
school.

Boyfriend and girlfriend, 15-year-olds Brandon Kizi and Andra

Ferguson are
both asthma sufferers and both students at Caney Creek High School.

At
least, they were, until Andra began suffering an asthma attack at

school.

"I couldn't breathe, and I was just very short of breath," recalled

Andra.
"My chest was tightened up and it was hurting."

Brandon described the incident. "Her face was turning a little

reddish-pink
and she looked pale, as far as I could see. I loaned her my inhaler.

walked her to the nurse's office and loaned her my inhaler."

That's when the trouble started. The school nurse called the school

police,
who arrested Brandon. They charged him with a felony, namely

distributing a
dangerous drug for loaning out his prescription inhaler. Andra's

mother
thinks that's wrong.

"His (inhaler) is the very same thing. And he has had my permission

to give
her that medication any time she forgets it," said Sandra Ferguson.

But school officials say that Brandon had been warned about loaning

his
inhaler, and that new state laws mean their hands are tied when it

comes to
zero tolerance and drugs.

Principal Greg Poole told Eyewitness News, "It's hard, it's

difficult. We
certainly don't look forward to expelling any kid. But then you have

consider a kid takes the medication and has an allergic reaction,

and then
we have to deal with that issue. So, yes, there is no discretion at

this
stage."

Brandon now faces mandatory expulsion from school and criminal

charges in
juvenile court. His mother is outraged.

Theresa Hock said, "It's so unfair. My son was helping her out. And

now he's
facing criminal charges. Would they rather have had her die than my

son to
help her?"

Brandon has a hearing on Friday to determine how long he'll be

expelled for.
In addition, he still has to go to juvenile court to deal with that

felony
charge.
(Copyright © 2003, KTRK-TV)

http://www.familyrightsassociation.com Mom oughta contact them.