Please Help!!!!!!!!!

Old May 23rd 04, 06:48 PM
Kelly Hassett

Default Please Help!!!!!!!!!

Im 5 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. My daughter who is now 22 months was
a perfect pregnancy. No morning sickness, problems or fatigue. But this time
around Im not having the same luck. For the last 2 weeks i havent been able
to keep anything down and im always so tired. Plus my doctor tells me there
may be a problem as my HCG levels are only at 850. They are suppose to be a
lot higher by now. I dont know what to do. Im told not to stress but not
being able to eat and the fact something may be wrong is really scarring me.
Any advice would be much appriciated.
Thanks
Kellie

Old May 23rd 04, 09:24 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Kelly Hassett wrote:

Im 5 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. My daughter who is now 22 months was
a perfect pregnancy. No morning sickness, problems or fatigue. But this time
around Im not having the same luck. For the last 2 weeks i havent been able
to keep anything down and im always so tired. Plus my doctor tells me there
may be a problem as my HCG levels are only at 850. They are suppose to be a
lot higher by now. I dont know what to do. Im told not to stress but not
being able to eat and the fact something may be wrong is really scarring me.
Any advice would be much appriciated.

I wish there was something that would really help.
The good news, I guess, is that the nausea is a sign that
pregnancy hormones are still at work. Are you scheduled
for a second hCG test? Even more important than absolute
numbers is whether the levels are increasing at an appropriate
rate. Most likely, there is not much you can do if the
pregnancy is not viable. I know that's not much consolation,
but at least you should not beat yourself up over whether
there might be something you could do to fix everything or
whether something you did caused a problem.
For the nausea, have you tried any of the standard
remedies: frequent small meals, ginger, wrist bands (the
sort for seasickness), etc.? Vitamin B6 helps for some
too. There are medications that can help if nothing else
does.

Good luck,
Ericka

Old May 23rd 04, 10:53 PM
Dawn and David

Hello there-the feeling sick must be a good sign.With my little girl I had
loads of problems like bleeding until 17 weeks, but she and I hung on and
she is very healthy now.The thing I tried to hang onto in those first few
weeks was that I felt very ill-very sick.I will keep my fingers crossed for
you.Take care-Dawn

Old May 25th 04, 09:54 PM
Ilse Witch

On Mon, 24 May 2004 01:48:19 +0800, Kelly Hassett wrote:

Im 5 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. My daughter who is now 22 months was
a perfect pregnancy. No morning sickness, problems or fatigue. But this time
around Im not having the same luck. For the last 2 weeks i havent been able
to keep anything down and im always so tired. Plus my doctor tells me there
may be a problem as my HCG levels are only at 850. They are suppose to be a
lot higher by now. I dont know what to do. Im told not to stress but not
being able to eat and the fact something may be wrong is really scarring me.
Any advice would be much appriciated.
Thanks
Kellie

One value doesn't tell you a thing when it comes to hCG levels, it is the
doubling time that counts. FWIW I had a value of 1004 when I was 5w5d last
time, that was considered normal, so your 850 looks fine. However, in my
case two days later it was only ~1390, where it should have been over
2000. So don't pin yourself down on the number, have another test.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old May 26th 04, 02:40 AM
Kelly Hassett

Thanks for all the advice guys. Got some good news from the doc the other
day. My hCG levels are up to 6112 which i am told is ok for 6 weeks
pregnant. The morning sickness is still here but is bareable.