1yo liquid intake

Old January 18th 04, 02:33 PM
KimandJuan

Default 1yo liquid intake

My girls are 15 months old and they each get an 8 oz sippy cup of whole milk
in the morning and then after dinner. So, a total of 16 oz of whole mile.
Then I give them 8 oz of 1/4 apple juice 3/4 water twice a day as well. They
won't drink water by itself unless we are out at the park. I was just curious
what the norm is at this age.
~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/
Old January 18th 04, 03:44 PM
Megan

That sounds like what my two are doing. They won't take milk in their
sippy cups yet, but they have an 8 oz. bottle of milk when they get up
in the morning and another 8 oz. bottle of milk before bed. Usually with
lunch I give them a cup of drinkable yogurt. They love it and it's
another shot of calcium. They always have a sippy cup with them and they
drink about 10-12 more oz. of fluid throughout the day. As long as they
are giving you wet diapers, then they should be OK.

~Megan~
Aidan Matthew & Alexis Valerie
Born September 28, 2002

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis

Old January 18th 04, 04:15 PM
Gretchen

Hi, that sounds about right... Matan gets between 16-20 oz. of whole milk
every day, and another 8 oz. of orange juice (the kind right off the tree,
we're in Florida!) and I'm trying to get him to take just plain water
without a lot of success. Anyway, he's 19 months now but that's about
what's he's had in terms of liquids since age 1. Hope this helps. Gretchen

Old January 19th 04, 11:20 PM
multimom4

Kim and Gretchen --

If you really want to teach them to drink water without apple or instead of
or as well as oj, the simple answer is to take away the juice and be firm.
When they are thirsty, they will drink.

We had to do this with EHC to get them off sippies -- milk in sippies on
vacation in May in Phoenix did the trick by 9am the first morning.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

Old January 20th 04, 03:59 PM
Megan

Now, my big problem is giving them sippies with milk. They will NOT
drink the milk from a sippy, only from a bottle. They will drink any
other liquid from a sippy. I really am not that concerned, as they are
only 14 mos., adjusted age. Also, they will only drink their milk warm.
Again, no problem, as cold milk even gives me a headache!

~Megan~
Aidan Matthew & Alexis Valerie
Born September 28, 2002

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis

Liquid vitamin suppliments Richard Esquivel Kids Health 0 June 16th 04 05:01 PM
Dairy, moderate fat intake may help kids stay lean JG Kids Health 0 March 5th 04 08:55 PM
Caloric intake JennP Pregnancy 19 February 27th 04 01:32 AM
Review: Step Into Liquid (** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 September 4th 03 07:25 AM
Liquid bandage type product LSU Grad of '89 Kids Health 0 July 27th 03 04:38 AM