baby shoes that stay on

Old October 17th 03, 07:59 PM
hobbes

Default baby shoes that stay on

Socks simply do not stay on DD's feet. Not because she pulls them off, but
because they just slide right off. Maybe it's because she's so chubby she
has no ankles for the socks to grab onto . . . ah, the power of breastmilk.
Going barefoot had been working fine, but now it's getting colder and I want
some protection for her poor feet. Today, while we were on our walk, I had
to turn around 4 times to pick up a sock. So it's time for some action.
Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for soft, comfortable
shoes/slippers/moccasins (even some kind of spectacular socks) that aren't
too pricey. She's nowhere near walking yet, so I just need something that
will provide warmth and (this is key) *stay on her feet.*

What do you folks like?

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (2 years, 8 months) & Arwen (6 months)

Old October 17th 03, 08:25 PM
Laura Faussone

hobbes wrote:

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for soft, comfortable
shoes/slippers/moccasins (even some kind of spectacular socks) that aren't
too pricey. She's nowhere near walking yet, so I just need something that
will provide warmth and (this is key) *stay on her feet.*

What do you folks like?

They aren't especially cheap ($22 US), but Robeez worked for my daughter:
www.robeez.com

Laura

Old October 17th 03, 08:47 PM
KD

I always used the socks from Children's Place (we have stores nearby
and they also have them on the website childrensplace.com). They were
the only ones I found that would always stay on - they are nice and
stretchy, but not too tight. And they have the 'no-slip-grips' on the
bottom so when they started walking I didn't worry about slipping so
much.

I had one very chubby, round little girl, and one not so chubby, tall,
thin little boy and they worked great for both of them.

Neither one of the wore shoes until they were about a year old and
then only outside.

Old October 17th 03, 09:10 PM
Mary W.

wrote:

Socks simply do not stay on DD's feet. Not because she pulls them off, but
because they just slide right off. Maybe it's because she's so chubby she
has no ankles for the socks to grab onto . . . ah, the power of breastmilk.
Going barefoot had been working fine, but now it's getting colder and I want
some protection for her poor feet. Today, while we were on our walk, I had
to turn around 4 times to pick up a sock. So it's time for some action.
Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for soft, comfortable
shoes/slippers/moccasins (even some kind of spectacular socks) that aren't
too pricey. She's nowhere near walking yet, so I just need something that
will provide warmth and (this is key) *stay on her feet.*

What do you folks like?

Hannah Andersson makes some nice slippers that have leather bottoms.
DD loves them. They are warm and come up the leg pretty high.

See:
http://www.hannaandersson.com/style....KAE0K209B6F52D

For a shorter version:
http://tinyurl.com/rc7m

Mary

Old October 17th 03, 09:28 PM
HollyLewis

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for soft, comfortable
shoes/slippers/moccasins (even some kind of spectacular socks) that aren't
too pricey. She's nowhere near walking yet, so I just need something that
will provide warmth and (this is key) *stay on her feet.*

Baby Gap triple-roll socks. A little bit expensive, for socks, but they really
do stay on. And they have fairly effective grippy stuff on the soles, which is
nice for standing/cruising babies on slippery floors.

You can also try Robeez/Bobux/Padders type soft sole slippers.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs
Old October 17th 03, 09:46 PM
Ilse Witch

hobbes wrote:
Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for soft, comfortable
shoes/slippers/moccasins (even some kind of spectacular socks) that aren't
too pricey. She's nowhere near walking yet, so I just need something that
will provide warmth and (this is key) *stay on her feet.*

What do you folks like?

DS used to wear a pair of mocassin-like shoes that had an elastic
band around the ankle, but rather high up. I bought them in one of
these 3d-world shops and have never seen the like of it again, so
if you find it, let me know, they were a marvel!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (15m)

Old October 17th 03, 10:38 PM
Clisby

hobbes wrote:
[...]

I bought my son some flannel moccasin-type shoes at Babies 'R' Us for
$6-$7. They had a little elastic at the ankles - not nearly enough to
be tight, but enough that he'd have to work at it to get them off.

Clisby

Old October 17th 03, 11:14 PM
Mary Gordon

I really, really liked Padders. I had a zillion pairs in various
colours and all three of my kids wore them into toddlerhood. They stay
on well, and I just ditched the whole baby sock idea when I discovered
them.

http://www.padders.com/fashions_spring.html

Mary G.
Old October 18th 03, 12:16 AM
Clisby

Mary Gordon wrote:
I really, really liked Padders. I had a zillion pairs in various
colours and all three of my kids wore them into toddlerhood. They stay
on well, and I just ditched the whole baby sock idea when I discovered
them.

http://www.padders.com/fashions_spring.html

Mary G.

This looks very similar to what I bought at Babies 'R' Us. I don't know
if it was the same brand, but it was the same type of shoe/slipper.

Clisby

Old October 18th 03, 04:33 AM
iphigenia

hobbes wrote:

What do you folks like?

Childrens' Place and Baby Gap socks - they're triple roll, so you can pull
them up high enough that they'll stay up.
Shoes - Robeez, Buskins, etc. are great for developing feet and don't come
off.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Where to find kids' extra wide shoes? Karen Askey General 15 September 29th 05 08:30 AM
Interesting local article on baby names sher General 292 October 1st 03 12:08 AM
RECALL: Baby Walkers Truffles General 7 September 13th 03 03:35 AM
DCF CT monitor finds kids *worsen* while in state custody Kane General 8 August 13th 03 07:43 AM
bedtime routine for 3rd baby Nevermind General 4 August 1st 03 12:18 AM