The big measles lie

Old February 9th 10, 01:31 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Blinky Bill[_2_]

Default The big measles lie

"Happy Oyster" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:45:48 -0000, "john" wrote:

"It (measles) is ONLY not a big killer in the United States because of
the
MMR vaccine."---Dr Marc Siegal. (Feb 3, 2010 Fox News)
http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/02/w...k-blaxill.html

http://www.whale.to/m/measlesdeaths1.html
Measles deaths (from 1901/2, averaged) declined by 99.4% before
vaccination
in 1968!

That is idiotic bull****.

Do read http://www.pharmamafia.com

Or http://www.iayork.com/MysteryRays/20...s-pre-vaccine/

I think we all know what he is referring to when he says -

"There's a claim running around the anti-vaccination circles that measles
vaccination didn't do anything because the disease had already dropped by
95% (or 98%) before vaccination was introduced. That claim is false, of
course, and I don't really expect that debunking it will make any
difference, but here it is anyway.

I'm not going to dignify the claim with a link. The author shows a chart
with measles incidence dramatically dropping in the early 1900s, and offers
a list of references for the chart. That chart is a flat lie; the
references he cites don't show numbers that bear any relation to the chart
he has made up. I encourage anyone who sees that to check out the
references he links - clearly, he's assuming that people are gullible enough
to believe his claim without checking. "

Old February 9th 10, 09:14 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
john[_5_]

"Blinky Bill" wrote in message

"There's a claim running around the anti-vaccination circles that measles
vaccination didn't do anything because the disease had already dropped by
95% (or 98%) before vaccination was introduced. That claim is false, of
course, and I don't really expect that debunking it will make any
difference, but here it is anyway.

Happy Oyster hopped out of my killfile to talk ********, ie claiming the
truth is false

wel,, get the UK gov CD like I did and work it out yourself
http://www.whale.to/m/measlesdeaths1.html

you wont

it was 99.4% from 1901/2, hard to swallow isn't it

Old February 9th 10, 11:10 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Peter B[_2_]

"john" wrote in message

"Blinky Bill" wrote in message

"There's a claim running around the anti-vaccination circles that
measles vaccination didn't do anything because the disease had
already dropped by 95% (or 98%) before vaccination was introduced.
That claim is false, of course, and I don't really expect that
debunking it will make any difference, but here it is anyway.

Happy Oyster hopped out of my killfile to talk ********, ie claiming
the truth is false

wel,, get the UK gov CD like I did and work it out yourself
http://www.whale.to/m/measlesdeaths1.html

you wont

it was 99.4% from 1901/2, hard to swallow isn't it

Your word ain't worth crap, Wakefield hypocrite.

Old February 9th 10, 11:29 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Blinky Bill[_2_]

"john" wrote in message

"Blinky Bill" wrote in message

"There's a claim running around the anti-vaccination circles that measles
vaccination didn't do anything because the disease had already dropped by
95% (or 98%) before vaccination was introduced. That claim is false, of
course, and I don't really expect that debunking it will make any
difference, but here it is anyway.

Happy Oyster hopped out of my killfile to talk ********, ie claiming the
truth is false

I don't know WTF you are waffling about. you seem to have an over inflated
idea of your importance to others.

wel,, get the UK gov CD like I did and work it out yourself
http://www.whale.to/m/measlesdeaths1.html

you wont

it was 99.4% from 1901/2, hard to swallow isn't it

No, I accept that is probably an accurate, if cherry-picked statement
regarding the death rate from measles, but not the incidence of measles. The
death rate from measles in undeveloped countries is as high as 280 per
thousand cases. In developed countries the death rate is about 3 per
thousand cases, about 99% lower. So given that in the early 1900s public
health and general nutrition was probably not much different to that of
undeveloped countries today, the 99% doesn't surprise me. And given that
nutrition, hygiene and medical treatment of some of measles previously fatal
complications improved in developed countries during the 20th century, the
decline in mortality over time again doesn't surprise me.
However, the incidence of the disease remained virtually unchanged until the
introduction of vaccines, and death is not the only adverse outcome.

"Complications with measles are relatively common, ranging from relatively
mild and less serious diarrhea, to pneumonia and encephalitis (subacute
sclerosing panencephalitis), corneal ulceration leading to corneal
scarring."

"While the vast majority of patients survive measles, complications occur
fairly frequently and may include bronchitis, pneumonia, otitis media,
hemorrhagic complications, acute dissemenated encephalomyelitis, acute
measles encephalitis, subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (sspe), blindness,
and death. Statistically out of 1000 measles cases, 2-3 patients die, and
5-105 suffer complications."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measles

Other sources add meningitis to the list of possible complications.

So some of the possible adverse outcomes apart from death are deafness,
blindness or brain damage.

Why do you ignore them?

Measles JOHN General 3 March 10th 07 03:35 PM
Measles JOHN Pregnancy 3 March 10th 07 03:35 PM
Measles JOHN Kids Health 3 March 10th 07 03:35 PM
Measles JOHN Breastfeeding 3 March 10th 07 03:35 PM
Measles john Pregnancy 1 November 29th 04 04:15 PM