Can You Believe This?

Old October 22nd 03, 08:00 AM

Default Can You Believe This?

Old October 23rd 03, 03:52 PM
Jon

Yeah, gee, this really got a lot of response. lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,
wrote in message ...
Last week, the news reported the sentencing of a "dead beat dad" to two
years in jail.
But this story had a different twist.

It seems this divorced father, who was fairly well off, got fed up with
his ex's greed, and decided to put his, and the courts feet to the fire.

After a 'new' evaluation, it was declared this man was many many
thousands of dollars in arrears. His lawyer was not able to get this
straightened out. This man then, just stopped paying his CS.

When taken to court, he told the judge: "I'm done with this crap. I'm
not paying the bitch anything more, and you can do what you damn well
please, 'cause I'm finished with it. I'll pay what's fair, not a dime
more."

His lawyer figures he'll be out within 6 months, and this guy is
prepared to do the whole two years if necessary, but vows he's not
paying anybody anything when he's free. Accept his lawyer.

This may set a precedent. If more men are willing to 'give it up', there
won't be enough jail space to handle them. Maybe then, the Friend of the
court will start doing what's right, as opposed to what the courts
'guess' is right.

nm

Old October 23rd 03, 08:37 PM
The Dave©

T.J. may be indicted for posting the following:
Trash this man is.. nothing more than Trash.

Why? Because, while willing to support his children to a reasonable
degree, he's not willing to be hosed or financially ruined and is
actually willing to take the lumps for his civil disobedience?
Old October 23rd 03, 10:26 PM

Old October 24th 03, 04:45 AM
Freedom

The "guidelines" as they are NOW (as opposed what they WILL be someday),
basically state the parent with 10 minutes, 10 hours, 10 days, or 10 weeks
less time a year is "no longer valid", "has no expenses", "is negligible",
"should be compromised", "is a deadbeat". It is an OUTRAGE. It harms the
very people, it professes to protect - the kids.

wrote in message
Dave...
The figures were not given, but this mans lawyer maintains he_was_up to
date, was paying more than what was 'usually required', and was tired of
being constantly harassed by his ex wife.

Since this was/is in Mi, where the courts and the friend of the court
are so far behind, not only in their thinking, but in their paperwork,
that something as drastic as this was bound to happen.

nm

----