asking for good thoughts

Old June 30th 04, 03:23 PM
aml

Default asking for good thoughts

Not for myself...for another couple in my childbirth class.

We started classes last week Tuesday. DH and I are taking it as a
refresher. Even though I had precipitate labor last time, I know it's
not a guarantee I will this time...and I didn't get to use many of the
techniques last time because there was no time. The other couples are
all first-timers.

Last night, about 10 minutes into the class, I noticed one couple was
missing. About 5 minutes after that, I notice the instructor spot the
"dad-to-be" outside the window. When he comes in...the instructor says
apologetically..."I'm afraid she isn't here yet" of his wife. Well, he
surprised us all.

Not long after class last week (next morning), she started to not feel
so well. They were having lunch together (I think they work nights),
and she said she was having trouble with her contacts...they were
blurry. She stood up to leave, and told her husband her tongue was
numb. He immediately recognized it as a sign of a blood pressure
problem and rushed her to the hospital, luckily just a mile away. Her
blood pressure was 198/128 I think he said.

To make a long story short...she held on till this past Monday, and
gave birth via c-section at 33 weeks. The husband never left her
side...never went home after taking her to the hospital...family went
to get clothes for him. He'd slept just one hour in all that time, out
of shear exhaustion. The first he'd been away from his wife and baby
(in NICU)was when he came down to our class to let us know what had
happened.

The baby is 5lbs. 13 oz., 18" long. He is not on oxygen (YAY), and is
the biggest baby in the NICU. They were just about to take mom off of
the magnesium...for an hour at least...to see how her blood pressure
responded.

SO...even though this is perhaps so remote from this group...I hope
you all will take a moment to think good thoughts for this new mom and
baby. Thanks.

aml
Old June 30th 04, 03:47 PM
Not My Real Name

SO...even though this is perhaps so remote from this group...I hope
you all will take a moment to think good thoughts for this new mom and
baby. Thanks.

Will do.

--
-Sara
Mommy to DD, 27 months

Old June 30th 04, 09:59 PM
ChitaShines

To make a long story short...she held on till this past Monday, and
gave birth via c-section at 33 weeks.

The baby is 5lbs. 13 oz., 18" long.

Sounds like what happened to us. Ours was born @ 33 weeks via emergency
c-section and came in at 5 lbs, 3 oz. Now, 3 months later, she's a healthy
and thriving 10 lb, 4 oz baby. Isn't modern technology wonderful?

Old June 30th 04, 10:40 PM
Carol Ann

: SO...even though this is perhaps so remote from this group...I hope
: you all will take a moment to think good thoughts for this new mom and
: baby. Thanks.
:
: aml

Happy, healthy thoughts sent her way......along with a prayer.

~Carol Ann

Old June 30th 04, 10:45 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

aml wrote:

SO...even though this is perhaps so remote from this group...I hope
you all will take a moment to think good thoughts for this new mom and
baby. Thanks.

I don't think it's remote from this group. It's about a pregnant woman,
so it's on topic. Anyway, wowee! I hope that they're all doing better,
now, and that things will go more smoothly.