Hilarious Ebay Listing

Old June 3rd 04, 07:32 PM
kylee

Default Hilarious Ebay Listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...107675670&rd=1

Parents please let your children read this auction.
It was a glory day when my son received his Play Station 2. This
beloved machine was his prize possession. He played, if not for hours
at a time. When he would not take care of anything else, but he took
care of this little treasure of his. Ground him, take away phone
privileges.....anything but this PS2.
UP FOR AUCTION OR

FOR SALE DUE TO PUNISHMENT
PLAY STATION 2
PS2
USED
PLAYS GREAT! ASK MY SON

COMES WITH TWO CONTROLERS
SOME TYPE OF MEMORY CARD
NO GAMES
NO RESERVE

Here is the story: This weekend my 13 year old son decided to be
destructive, deceptive and disobedient. I had a bugle I was selling on
Ebay and while I was out he decided to "play" with it. Sunday morning
when the auction was to end, He picked up the bugle and asked me if I
knew it was broken. He handed me the bugle which he had "played" with
and both solder joints were broken and since it was out of alignment
the slide is now stiff.

Lets back up one night. That was the tip of the iceberg. Saturday
night I send my son & his friend to the skating rink like the rest of
the parents. I was to pick him up from the skating rink after it
ended. Well he went home, while I was not there with his friend and
they invited someone I do not know to the house while WE were not
there. I get home about 11:30 PM and find the house is wrecked. Beer
was missing. Confronted son and friends about beer.Yes they had drank
the beer. -$6.00 Strike one!

Get up the next morning only the find the mysteriously broken bugle!
-$51.00 Strike Two!

Here is the kicker......Husband finds the corkscrew in the floor and
part of a cork in the floor. Ask son who is play his beloved Play
Station 2 if he has any thing he would like to tell us?

Son- "No"

Dad- "Really?

Son- "No"

Dad- "what did you use this corkscrew for?"

Son- "To open the beer."

Dad- "What about this cork?"

Son- "What cork?"

Dad- "This cork."

Son "Oh, THAT cork. I drank some wine too."

Dad- "Well I hope you enjoyed that because it cost $120.00 a
bottle!"

LET THE YELLING BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right my 13 year old son drank a bottle of Dom Perignon
champagne- 1995. PUT IT BACK IN THE FRIDGE WITH PART OF A CORK AND THE
LITTLE METAL THING BACK ON TOP! -$120.00.

THAT BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE WAS A GIFT THAT WE HAVE BEEN SAVING FOR OVER
A YEAR FOR THAT "SPECIAL" OCCASION.

SO I AM MINUS ABOUT $177 FOR THIS WEEKEND LITTLE ANTICS. NOT TO
MENTION THE AGGRAVATION OF THE ARUGING, LYING AND DECEPTION. I AM NOT
GOING TO PUT UP WITH THAT KIND OF BEHAVIOR FROM A CHILD. EVEN A 6'3"
13 YEAR OR ANY ONE WHO DISRESPECTS ME & MY STUFF.

SO CHILDREN LISTEN UP DO NOT DISRESPECT YPUR PARENTS YOUR FRIENDS OR
YOURSELF BECAUSE US PARENTS ARE SMARTER THAN YOU AND WE WILL FIND OUT
ABOUT ANY AND ALL THINGS YOU TRY TO HIDE.

HAPPY BIDDING!

Old June 4th 04, 12:32 AM
animzmirot

Good to know I'm not the only parent pulling their hair out at middle school
antics. Phew... this kid is going to be so sad!

Marjorie

Old June 4th 04, 07:35 AM
GI Trekker

Good to know I'm not the only parent pulling their hair out at middle school
antics. Phew... this kid is going to be so sad!

A 13-year-old, I don't care how physically imposing he may be, who invites
people over when his parents are not out, drinks beer, drinks wine, trashes the
house, and then lies about it -- that's WAAAAYYY beyond middle school antics,
and the problem will not be solved by selling the kid's PS2 (although in point
of fact he doesn't deserve the device anymore). I'm sure this problem goes way
back well before this kid's adolescence. I doubt he's ever known any
significant discipline if selling the kid's PS2 is what the father thinks is an
appropriate means of dealing with the matter now.
Old June 4th 04, 05:10 PM
Mary Gordon

I agree, I have a 13 year old son (he's 5'7" and in 7th grade) and I
could see him breaking something by monkeying with it out of
curiousity, but I can't imagine him bringing friends to our house when
we aren't there, let alone letting them "trash" the house and be
involved in drinking.

If the kid was 17, it would still be really worrying behaviour, but
hey, this kid is only THIRTEEN and experimenting with alcohol? Phew,
that's serious, in my books. I'd be looking for professional help,
since if he's doing stuff like this now, what is he going to be doing
in two or three years? Right out of control.

Mary G.
Old June 5th 04, 12:45 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Rosalie B. wrote:
I used to teach middle school, and *I* CAN imagine that.

Yeah, I can imagine it, too. I remember in junior high one of the girls
having a huge 13th birthday party, complete with beer and no adults. (Not
my crowd, but enough people were talking about it that half the school must
have been there.) I can't imagine there wasn't sex at that party, either.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread; substitute mailbolt

Old June 5th 04, 05:20 AM
animzmirot

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
Rosalie B. wrote:
I used to teach middle school, and *I* CAN imagine that.

Yeah, I can imagine it, too. I remember in junior high one of the girls
having a huge 13th birthday party, complete with beer and no adults. (Not
my crowd, but enough people were talking about it that half the school

must
have been there.) I can't imagine there wasn't sex at that party, either.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread; substitute mailbolt

I've got two middle schoolers, and although drugs and drink are NOT (yet) in
their repetoire, plenty of other kids are doing both, frequently too. And
there are parties, and there is house trashing, car stealing, school
vandalism, and plenty of sex. Fortunately, my kids haven't gotten involved
in any of this yet, and I'm hopeful that I can avoid most of it, but the
fact of the matter is, we live in an upper middle class suburb with very
well educated parents who spend tons of money on extracurricular activities
for their kids, most of the moms are SAH and shlep their kids everywhere,
and you would assume from meeting these parents that they have a good handle
on their kids. You'd be wrong. Between the moron parents who allow their
kids to hold parties with alcohol present as long as the parents are home
and nobody is driving, to the parents who are unaware their kids know how to
sneak out of their houses at night, there's a whole underground filled with
bad and dangerous activities. I happen to know the youth probation officer
for our area, and she recently said that our middle school has more kids on
probation than any of the other schools around town, and literally 4 times
as many as in past years. I have no clue WHY this set of kids is so
difficult, but I do know that trouble's constantly brewing and it happens in
the best of towns.

Marjorie

Old June 5th 04, 01:35 PM
Donna

Rosalie B. wrote:
I used to teach middle school, and *I* CAN imagine that.

Yeah, I can imagine it, too. I remember in junior high one of the girls
having a huge 13th birthday party, complete with beer and no adults.

(Not
my crowd, but enough people were talking about it that half the school

must
have been there.) I can't imagine there wasn't sex at that party,

either.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread; substitute mailbolt

I've got two middle schoolers, and although drugs and drink are NOT (yet)

in
their repetoire, plenty of other kids are doing both, frequently too.

I think that we can't assume too much from the ad. I mean, I was a really
good kid, but I remember being in junior high school and occasionally
raiding my parents' liquor cabinet with my girlfriends. Was it against the
rules that my parents laid down? Absolutely. Did I do it on occasion?
Absolutely. I don't condone it, but I also don't think that kind of
testing behaviour is automatically grounds for a psych consult.
Grounding, yes.

Donna

Old June 5th 04, 11:12 PM
LisaBell

Rosalie B. wrote:
[...]

I raided the liquor cabinet too. I was even suspended for drinking
once (at boarding school in England). Total childish pranks. I was a
high achiever and never became more than a social drinker. I rarely
drink now (two glasses of wine with my sabbath/holiday meal, and when
I attend a wedding), so not all kids who've ever had a drink turn out
a disaster.

I do think the kid in the Ebay ad sounds a bit out of control, though.
Destroying others property and disrespecting ones home is pretty nasty
behaviour in my book, drunk or sober. OTOH I'm not convinced the whole
ad isn't a sales gimmick.

--Lisa bell
Mom to Gabriella (5.5) and Michaela (4)