What do think????

Old May 19th 04, 03:18 PM
Curious557

Default What do think????

Well I'm suppose to go to a meeting with Virginia's DCSE because I have
filed an appeal against the amount DCSE has come up with. Plus the
caseworker I have been dealing with is a real bitch and has been giving me
false information. But get this, my ex has recieved the appeal papers and
now has decided to come to an agreement. She would like for me to pay her
a reasonable amount each month plus co-sign for her to get a new
apartment. Apparently she is really desperate to move out of her parents
home. I of course told her if I agreed, the agreement would need to be in
writing and notarized. Still though it all seems a little fishy. and I
thought well what if she doesn't make her rent payments- I'll be screwed.
What should I do??

Old May 19th 04, 03:58 PM
Editor - Child Support News

You co-sign and she defaults, it's your ass.

lkaboutparenting.com...

Old May 19th 04, 04:01 PM
Editor - Child Support News

Aside from your caseworker, naturally, being a bitch.

I'd appreciate it if you'd email me so that I can document the false
information your caseworker is giving you.

Dave

Old May 19th 04, 04:26 PM
P.Fritz

"Editor - Child Support News" wrote in message
You co-sign and she defaults, it's your ass.

Not to mention that A) the rent payments would not be counted toward CS, and
B) even with a notarized agreement, all the ex has to do is file for a
change based on a "change of circumstances" . Basically theOP is in
financial limbo until the kid reaches 18 (or 21)