OT poll c-section recovery time

Old September 30th 03, 06:52 AM
Alicia

Default OT poll c-section recovery time

Hey ya'll, I'm just wondering, for any of you who have had a c-section, when
did you begin to feel like you had something like normal energy again? For
this last week I've been so utterly exhausted. I have been walking every
day, sometimes for a couple of hours, sometimes shorter, as well as doing
some household stuff. But suddenly I crashed big time, that was about 5
days ago. I think I have a touch of PPD, my baby nurses every 1.5-2 hours
and I am soooo tired. I've had to cut back on walking, chores around the
house and social visits. My baby was born 7 weeks ago. What are your
experiences?
Thanks for sharing, Alicia

Old September 30th 03, 08:56 AM
Herself

Alicia wrote:

Hey ya'll, I'm just wondering, for any of you who have had a c-section, when
did you begin to feel like you had something like normal energy again? For
this last week I've been so utterly exhausted. I have been walking every
day, sometimes for a couple of hours, sometimes shorter, as well as doing
some household stuff. But suddenly I crashed big time, that was about 5
days ago. I think I have a touch of PPD, my baby nurses every 1.5-2 hours
and I am soooo tired. I've had to cut back on walking, chores around the
house and social visits. My baby was born 7 weeks ago. What are your
experiences?

I would have been smacked if I walked for a couple hours :-). Took me
about 8 weeks, but even then I was still a little wobbly.

And it sounds like your baby's going through the 6-week growth spurt.
It's okay...and let the house go, let the chores sit there. Go lie down
in bed with the baby, both of you nap, and nurse in bed. Getting
exhausted won't help either of you....
--
'Tis Herself
Old September 30th 03, 02:47 PM
iphigenia

Alicia wrote:
My baby was born 7 weeks ago. What are your
experiences? Thanks for sharing, Alicia

Good heavens, no way could I have gone walking at that time postpartum. I'd
say it takes a few months to be really recovered. Remember, this is major
abdominal surgery.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old September 30th 03, 08:17 PM
AmyAmy4734

Hey ya'll, I'm just wondering, for any of you who have had a c-section, when
did you begin to feel like you had something like normal energy again? For
this last week I've been so utterly exhausted. I have been walking every
day, sometimes for a couple of hours, sometimes shorter, as well as doing
some household stuff. But suddenly I crashed big time, that was about 5
days ago. I think I have a touch of PPD, my baby nurses every 1.5-2 hours
and I am soooo tired. I've had to cut back on walking, chores around the
house and social visits. My baby was born 7 weeks ago. What are your
experiences?
Thanks for sharing, Alicia

With my first (c-section after 3 days of labor, 2 hours of pushing, and about
as close to true cpd as you can get), I was functional by 8 weeks, but really,
I didn't feel quite human until a year later, and I wasn't pain-free until my
ob/gyn removed some major adhesions when my baby was almost 3 years old. But
this time around, with an elective c-section, I was quite functional by 3 weeks
pp, completely back to normal by 6 or 7 weeks. I am not back in shape yet, but
I have no pain now at 6 months pp.

Amy
mom to Patricia 5-12-99
Christina 3-21-03, exclusively breastfed and cloth-diapered
Old September 30th 03, 10:28 PM
mitch

Alicia wrote:

Hey ya'll, I'm just wondering, for any of you who have had a c-section, when
did you begin to feel like you had something like normal energy again? For
this last week I've been so utterly exhausted. I have been walking every
day, sometimes for a couple of hours, sometimes shorter, as well as doing
some household stuff. But suddenly I crashed big time, that was about 5
days ago. I think I have a touch of PPD, my baby nurses every 1.5-2 hours
and I am soooo tired. I've had to cut back on walking, chores around the
house and social visits. My baby was born 7 weeks ago. What are your
experiences?

(((Alicia)))
My DD was born 4mths ago and even now if I were to try and fit as much
into the day as you are I would be off my feet completely. If I hit
the shops for the day like I did a couple of weeks ago with my sister
I really know it for the next week.
With DS I can honestly say it was a GOOD year before I felt anything
like normal. But then DH would quip I'm not normal anyway.
Cut yourself some slack or it'll only take longer. You've got a
brilliant excuse to just chill. Use it. BTW did they give you iron
supplement? It can help. I was very aneamic both times. This last
time they wanted to do a tranfusion. I refused and asked for some
injections then they followed them up with tablets. Which I'm still
on. The main symptom was utter exhaustion.
Take care and go easy on yourself.
love Mitch.
Old September 30th 03, 11:15 PM
Mogget

In message tS8eb.37142$O85.838@pd7tw1no, Alicia
writes
Hey ya'll, I'm just wondering, for any of you who have had a c-section, when
did you begin to feel like you had something like normal energy again? For
this last week I've been so utterly exhausted. I have been walking every
day, sometimes for a couple of hours, sometimes shorter, as well as doing
some household stuff. But suddenly I crashed big time, that was about 5
days ago. I think I have a touch of PPD, my baby nurses every 1.5-2 hours
and I am soooo tired. I've had to cut back on walking, chores around the
house and social visits. My baby was born 7 weeks ago. What are your
experiences?

I'm nearly nine months PP, and I don't feel anywhere near well, still in
pain, still ill.

But I do remember those early weeks, and I remember feeling that every
day I felt iller rather than better.
--
Mogget, the Churl in the Puce Greatcoat
Old September 30th 03, 11:25 PM
Tracey

Alicia wrote:

Hey ya'll, I'm just wondering, for any of you who have had a c-section,
when
did you begin to feel like you had something like normal energy again?

I had 2 c-sections. With #1 I was back to my normal routine within 3-4
weeks. With #2, I was back in the swing of things in 2-3 weeks. I will
say though that my experiences were probably not what most people
experience...I stopped taking any pain medication after about 4 or 5 days
both times (and that was ibuprofen...I only took percocet the first two
days).

Tracey in CT

Old October 1st 03, 04:19 AM
Beth

"Alicia" wrote in message
Hey ya'll, I'm just wondering, for any of you who have had a c-section,

when
did you begin to feel like you had something like normal energy again?

After about 2 weeks, and definitely by 6 weeks. It took more than 2 weeks
to stop hurting when I walked, and once I started deliberately sleep-sharing
with the baby at 1½ weeks, I perked up and felt fairly energetic, which was
good, because I had a lot to figure out. DS was nursing every hour, with
one session eliding into the next, and I couldn't even eat a meal without
rigging him in the sling or stabbing at, my food with my left hand. I guess
the c-section was the last thing I would have blamed for the difference in
my ability to get things done. :-)

Beth

Old October 1st 03, 06:09 AM
Irrational Number

Alicia wrote:
Hey ya'll, I'm just wondering, for any of you who have had a c-section, when
did you begin to feel like you had something like normal energy again? For
this last week I've been so utterly exhausted. I have been walking every
day, sometimes for a couple of hours, sometimes shorter, as well as doing
some household stuff. But suddenly I crashed big time, that was about 5
days ago. I think I have a touch of PPD, my baby nurses every 1.5-2 hours
and I am soooo tired. I've had to cut back on walking, chores around the
house and social visits. My baby was born 7 weeks ago. What are your
experiences?

I did no exercise in the first month, other than
normal walking around the house. My mother was
here to help me, and she made me eat five times
a day. I basically was almost "normal" by 4 weeks.

I nursed almost constantly and was very tired, but
I think I felt almost completely well by 5 weeks.
You might need some more help around the house. I
took it very easy and used a cleaning service
once to get the house very clean so that I wouldn't
be anal retentive about it.

-- Anita --
Pillbug, 3 1/2 months
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE