Well Florida DOR Confirms it's Incompetency Again

Old July 14th 03, 02:28 AM
gini52

Default Well Florida DOR Confirms it's Incompetency Again

As I told you before, we've been awaiting a refund from Florida DOR/CSE for
a child support overpayment. They and the Court Clerk agreed on the amount
of the overpayment and DOR
promised to send it out promptly, less 209. in fees (leaving us a credit
balance of about 350.). Well, when the envelope arrived, I thought--Damn,
they actually did it. Not so fast--it was a letter that stated "Even though
your child support is paid in full, you owe us 483. for fees. You can send
it to the address above." No itemization, no accounting, no mention of the
350. overpayment they owe us or any error with the 209. they said we owed
before. See, if we owe 209. in fees, they would have to send us a refund. To
avoid that, they just upped the fees. DH called the Clerk of Court who told
him that according to their records, the case is closed and there is no
record of any fees due DOR. Of course not--they just made it up as an after
thought and expect us to send it. I don't think so--let them get a court
order. I will be sending them a certified letter cc the Court Clerk. Before
I do that, I will get an official audit from the Clerk along with a letter
of satisfaction. What a bunch of crap--I'd really like to just let it go
after 10+ years of dealing with these folks--But, I won't. We can't just let
these things go. That is their plan.
==
==

--
There may not be much difference
between Marilyn Monroe and Lenny

Old July 14th 03, 06:47 AM
TeacherMama

Gosh, Gini! What a pain in the you-know-what these people are! Is
the $483 they claim you owe on top of the $209 they have already
taken? It is unbelievable that they can get away with the stuff they
pull. My sister went through the same kind of thing here in Ca when
her husband was paying CS to his ex. They kept coming up with other
things he owed--more interest--penalties--fees--etc, for almost 5
years after he had paid off all arrearages. While my husband and I
are looking forward to being finished with his CS payments, I am not
looking forward to all the nonsense involved in being absolutely,
all-the- way finished!!

We met his daughter, BTW. Drove up on vacation. She is a very nice
girl. We are hoping for her to be able to visit us here, too.

Old July 14th 03, 10:42 PM
Gini52

(TeacherMama) wrote in message . com...
Gosh, Gini! What a pain in the you-know-what these people are! Is
the $483 they claim you owe on top of the $209 they have already
taken? It is unbelievable that they can get away with the stuff they
pull. My sister went through the same kind of thing here in Ca when
her husband was paying CS to his ex. They kept coming up with other
things he owed--more interest--penalties--fees--etc, for almost 5
years after he had paid off all arrearages. While my husband and I
are looking forward to being finished with his CS payments, I am not
looking forward to all the nonsense involved in being absolutely,
all-the- way finished!!

We met his daughter, BTW. Drove up on vacation. She is a very nice
girl. We are hoping for her to be able to visit us here, too.

==
That is fantastic! I remember when my adopted son met his bio dad for
the first time (my son was 13, I think)--Quite a variety of emotions.
I hope the best for all of you. No, the demand letter from DOR just
requested the money without mention of our overpayment or the amount
they had already told us we owed. I have repeatedly posted in ACS for
anyone with an order from Florida to watch their backsides very
carefully, so hopefully they do. FL/DOR has no qualms about using
illegal tactics to get money. (Still hoping for that class action
==
==

"gini52" wrote in message ...
As I told you before, we've been awaiting a refund from Florida DOR/CSE for
a child support overpayment. They and the Court Clerk agreed on the amount
of the overpayment and DOR
promised to send it out promptly, less 209. in fees (leaving us a credit
balance of about 350.). Well, when the envelope arrived, I thought--Damn,
they actually did it. Not so fast--it was a letter that stated "Even though
your child support is paid in full, you owe us 483. for fees. You can send
it to the address above." No itemization, no accounting, no mention of the
350. overpayment they owe us or any error with the 209.

........snipped........
Old July 14th 03, 10:48 PM
Gini52

"Freedom" wrote in message ...
Sue them in higher court.

==
I would love to take this to court, but as always, they've bled us dry.
We are still hoping for a class action against them. It's been tossed around
by different folks for the past 5 years but it hasn't happened yet.
==
==

Old July 16th 03, 08:33 PM
Freedom

Maybe get your local newspaper involved. A government injustice type
article. That kind of coverage folks in Government don't like.

"Gini52" wrote in message
om...
"Freedom" wrote in message

Sue them in higher court.

==

Old July 17th 03, 01:40 AM
Lestor

After an 11 month wait from the date of filing, I finally got in front of a
FL mediator and had my CS amount set. I have always lived in PA, Child and
mother are in FL. I called the Clerk Of Courts to check up on my payment
history and found that they have my home address listed as FL. It is the
correct street address but the wrong city and state. I told them to correct
their records and they said they will mail me a DOR generated change of
address form. On it, I should list my old address, my new address and then
get it notarized. I told them that I refuse to list my old address as being
in FL as their records indicate and then have this false information
notarized as I never maintained a FL address.
I just sent the form back (certified mail receipt requested) to them w/o it
being notarized and a letter explaining that the mistake is on their end.
Can hardly wait to see how this plays out.

Count me in on any class action suit.

Old July 17th 03, 04:25 AM
gini52

"Lestor" wrote in message
[...]

===
Ah, Lestor, you're still around. My sympathies re DOR. Good luck in your
endeavors and watch your backside.
Keep every scrap of correspondence including envelopes--but, I guess I
probably told you that a time or two ;-).
===
===

Old July 17th 03, 11:12 PM
gini52

Default Well Florida DOR Confirms

"Lestor" wrote in message
Gini, I am still here. I do more listening than talking I guess. By the
way. my CS does stop when by son turns 18 even though he will only be
starting 11th grade.

==
Now how long did I try to convince you of that? ;-)
(More Below)
==
That is the only good thing about FL.

==
That and that a father's parental rights cannot be terminated without the
mother
first serving notice in the media to all the men (by name) who could
potentially be the father,
that the child may be placed for adoption.
(More)
==
If they still
lived in PA I would pay till 19 or gratuation, whichever happened later.

My file is full with correspondence, phone converstion notes and yes even
envelopes...good advice, thanx.

==
You're welcome--I'm glad you have that file. Hmm...I wonder how long I
should wait
before I shred mine--I have nearly a file cabinet full of just CS related
documents.
BTW, you don't need to get your payment history from the court clerk.
You can get it online he
https://www.myfloridacounty.com/cse/pub/
Let me know if the link doesn't work for you.
(Conclusion)
==
==

Old July 18th 03, 04:07 PM
Virginia

19? I thought it was 18 in PA

Lestor wrote:
Gini, I am still here. I do more listening than talking I guess. By the
way. my CS does stop when by son turns 18 even though he will only be
starting 11th grade. That is the only good thing about FL. If they still

Old July 18th 03, 04:09 PM
Virginia

But they only have to give notice in local FL papers even in the event
that they know where the father lives (PA). THey should have to put
notice in the father's local paper when they know where he is too.