Very Cool

Old March 8th 06, 12:55 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Very Cool

My 14-year old daughter entered a synopsis for a screenplay in a young writer's contest - and today she was notified
she's made it to the finals! The next step is a screenplay writing workshop, in a couple of weekends.

Very cool, if I do say so myself!

(just needed to brag a little)

Old March 8th 06, 10:29 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 00:55:19 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

My 14-year old daughter entered a synopsis for a screenplay in a young writer's contest - and today she was notified
she's made it to the finals! The next step is a screenplay writing workshop, in a couple of weekends.

Very cool, if I do say so myself!

(just needed to brag a little)

VERY COOL! YIPPIE FOR HER! BRAVO! WELL DONE!

Damn.. I'm proud of her too!

LOL!! Thanks, Kate - when you consider all the things that went haywire with the concussion and all, it's nice to see
some signs of *my* kid coming back!

:-)

Old March 8th 06, 01:22 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Moon Shyne wrote:
My 14-year old daughter entered a synopsis for a screenplay in a young writer's contest - and today she was notified
she's made it to the finals! The next step is a screenplay writing workshop, in a couple of weekends.

Very cool, if I do say so myself!

(just needed to brag a little)

Brag away! This is very exciting news, It is nice to hear when a child
is applying him/herself positively towards a successful future. Your
daughters creativity and talent is already being noticed, I wish her
much luck in her work! Very cool indeed! So has she been thinking about
pursuing a career in writing or is this a hobby? I think this is quite
exciting!
Bev

Old March 9th 06, 12:10 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Thanks for the congrats, ladies - it's pretty exciting for us.

Yes, she's been writing - this summer will be her 3rd year attending a writer's workshop/camp - a week long experience,
taught by published writers and playwrights - and one of the assistant instructors has already told her that she should
plan on teaching there, once she's 18.

She was included in the young author's conference here, in 4th grade and 7th grade, and her poem from 4th grade was
published, which was very cool.

Interestingly enough, she's already found one of the top ranked writing programs in the nation, at the University of
Iowa...... and then I found out that one of my cousins is the "playwright in residence" there as well as a professor....

Iowa.......... lemme see, that's like one left turn and about 350 miles, I think

:-)

Old March 9th 06, 10:05 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 00:10:03 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
[...]

LOL.. still, it's not all that far. Wow on having a playwright in
residence at the university already. It seems like you're going to have
an UofI student soon. :-)

Bite your tongue!! She's only 14!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOO not ready to deal with a college bound kid (and am thankful for the college trust funds for each of
them... we're gonna need 'em)

Old March 10th 06, 01:29 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:05:53 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Bite your tongue!! She's only 14!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOO not ready to deal with a college bound kid (and am thankful for the college trust funds for each of
them... we're gonna need 'em)

Those last years pass so quickly. sigh

Just when they start being really helpful, they're gone.

LMAO!! That's right, burst my rosy, optimistic little bubble.......... you meanie pants!

Old March 20th 06, 03:59 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message
My 14-year old daughter entered a synopsis for a screenplay in a young
writer's contest - and today she was notified she's made it to the finals!
The next step is a screenplay writing workshop, in a couple of weekends.

Very cool, if I do say so myself!

(just needed to brag a little)

You should! How wonderful! I think that is awesome! Good luck to her next
step.

If drinking and driving is illegal, why do bars have parking lots?

Old March 20th 06, 10:32 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"V" wrote in message ...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...
My 14-year old daughter entered a synopsis for a screenplay in a young writer's contest - and today she was notified
she's made it to the finals! The next step is a screenplay writing workshop, in a couple of weekends.

Very cool, if I do say so myself!

(just needed to brag a little)

You should! How wonderful! I think that is awesome! Good luck to her next step.

Thanks - the workshop was yesterday, and the rough draft is due May 1 - apparently, the facilitators of this whole thing
are saying she should have...... 15-20 pages done for the rough draft (it's only supposed to be a short screenplay,
finished length about 20 minutes) - and she got about 7 pages done.

We'll see.......... so far, she's having fun with this.

If drinking and driving is illegal, why do bars have parking lots?