Diaper bag - check

Old January 20th 09, 06:18 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default Diaper bag - check

Well, I have it, for the most part, mostly packed and ready to go to the
hospital. I bought myself a brand new diaper bag this evening and I really
like it. It's a little "set" with a big diaper bag, a small hand one and
also has some changing package thing... Whatever, I'm not going to try and
explain it lol
So... I took the small little one and I plan to use that as my diaper bag
right now. It's the perfect size for DDs - just big enough for a travel
size plastic wipes container, a few of DDs' diapers, my wallet, cell phone,
keys and enough room to toss in a few small toys and their juice boxes.
The big one I've started to pack to bring to the hospital, just so it's all
set and ready to go.
So far, I have for the baby: 1 sleeper, 1 pair of socks, 1 little outfit
with matching hat and little booties, a receiving blanket (oops, forgot this
when DD2 was born haha), a few disposable diapers in newborn size as well as
a few cloth diapers - just in case the cloth are a flop or something, I
decided to go with a few disposables as well. I forgot a little undershirt
just in case, but I'll grab that next time I go upstairs. I also tossed in
about half a dozen breast pads, just in case. I doubt I'll need them while
in the hospital, but just in case... I also need to grab the other wipes
travel case thing when I feel the need to get up and go in that direction
next...

Is there anything I'm missing? Baby wise, I mean, as my own bag of stuff is
another story lol

Old January 20th 09, 03:50 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

Kat wrote:

Is there anything I'm missing? Baby wise, I mean, as my own bag of stuff is
another story lol

You sound set to me.

Just wanted to say that cloth is fine I'm sure but I found disposable to
be a ton easier until the cord fell off. The cloth totally swallowed
them up until they were about 10-12 pounds.

--

Nikki
Old January 24th 09, 07:21 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

"Nikki" wrote in message
news:4dWdnSWyS6creejUnZ2dnUVZ_hcAAAAA@prairiewave. com...
Kat wrote:

Is there anything I'm missing? Baby wise, I mean, as my own bag of stuff
is another story lol

You sound set to me.

Just wanted to say that cloth is fine I'm sure but I found disposable to
be a ton easier until the cord fell off. The cloth totally swallowed them
up until they were about 10-12 pounds.

lol I found even the newborn diapers were fairly large at first, and none of
my babies were by any means overly small... They ranged in size from 8lbs
2oz to 7lbs 3oz. Right about average size, yet even the newborn diapers...
They definitely did swim in them! (which is why I did toss a few newborn
sized disposable diapers in the diaper bag)
Now... it's almost time for me to consider packing my own bag... I didn't do
that ever before... and I remember when DD1 was born, N went home after to
grab some clothes and personal items for me while I was in the hospital... I
look in the bag he brought me and was not really so amused when I saw for
underwear, he brought a nice little thong... Why? Because *he* liked that
pair of underwear... Thong underwear really isn't a good match for quite a
while after having a baby LOL
Oh... and I wanted to give the car seat and stuff a quick washing as well...
Noticed that darn cat made a nice little bed of the car seat as I've stored
it in the basement pretty much since DD2 grew out of it and it's a little
cat-hairy right now haha

--

Nikki