Is this it?

Old October 11th 06, 11:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Engram

Default Is this it?

I think my waters did a bit of a gush-and-stop last night. Basically, I
managed to soak a sanitary pad I was wearing at the time. But since then,
nothing... I have a bit of back pain but given my spinal prolapse and the
fact that they made me lie on my back during the visit with the OB at the
hospital, that's nothing out of the ordinary. My back hurts after every
visit to the hospital. I'm not getting any contractions, no Braxton Hicks,
nothing.

Does anyone know how long this sort of lack of action is likely to keep
going, after what seems like a major(ish) leak, even if my waters did not
"break" and soak everything in sight? It's been about 10 hours now and I've
managed to sleep overnight with absolutely nothing moving towards any sort
of baby-birthing resolution. At 40 weeks plus I thought the gush of waters
would mean something, but then again...???

Any thoughts?

Kasia

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Matthew 21 June 2005
DD EDD 06 Oct 2006

Check out our family at
http://www.geocities.com/engram_au/

Old October 12th 06, 12:31 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Engram wrote:
[...]

It's clearly close, so I wouldn't fret. My guess is that in 24-36 more
hours you will either have your child in your arms, or be very close. It's
possible the gush was urine, but at 40+ weeks, could also have been amniotic
fluid. It seems like if it was fluid that it would have leaked some more
once you changed positions. Either which way, I'd place money on that fact
that your baby is on it's way, soonly.

--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old October 12th 06, 01:35 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Engram

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
. ..
It's clearly close, so I wouldn't fret. My guess is that in 24-36 more
hours you will either have your child in your arms, or be very close.
It's possible the gush was urine, but at 40+ weeks, could also have been
amniotic fluid. It seems like if it was fluid that it would have leaked
some more once you changed positions. Either which way, I'd place money
on that fact that your baby is on it's way, soonly.

Thanks for the reply, Jamie. I called the hospital and they want me to come
in to check on what is happening, so I should know more in a couple of
hours. I'm booked in for an induction on Sunday night (for a Monday birth)
so either way, even if nothing comes of this I will be holding my baby by
Moday or Tuesday at the latest!

Kasia

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Old October 12th 06, 06:15 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Me Myself and I

"Engram" wrote in message
u...
[...]

With both of my children I had PPROM. With the first one I had a big gush
and then leaked for several hours, but I had no contractions. 12 hours
later I had contractions through the night but then they stopped. Exactly
the same thing the next night, contractions then the stopped during the day.
The following afternoon the contractions started and didn't stop and she was
born early the following morning.

With my second child I had a small gush then continued to leak (enough to
wear a pad all the time) for the next 9 days. Contractions started
happening on about the 4th day after the rupture but never amounted anything
except kept me awake all night. That continued till she was born 9 days
after the first rupture of membranes.

--
Pip

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - 21 March 02 -
Still as small as a peanut but as smart as a whip!

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - 3 Feb 05 -
"Uhhhhh ohhhhhh" is my new favourite phrase, now what other trouble can I
find!

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

Old October 13th 06, 02:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
SEO Learner

.. Hi Engram I suggest to you that you need to try yoga for back pain
prevention. Yoga is often helpful for back pain sufferers, as
performing a variety of different types of postures generally help to
stretch and strengthen all of the body's major muscles groups. Yoga can
help prevent back pain by keeping muscles balanced, moving freely and
by lengthening and "decompressing" restricted areas of tightness.
http://www.medical-health-care-infor...pain/index.asp
Sitting all day can cause a person's spine to become contracted and
compressed. Office workers often find the back bend positions in yoga
good counter balance exercises to being hunched forward over a computer
keyboard all day long. . There are also many yoga books, online
material and videos available with gentle exercises specifically
designed for people with chronic back pain. So you try it and get well
soon.