Patting the belly...

Old July 8th 03, 09:16 PM
Stephanie S

Default Patting the belly...

"Jennifer Rasmussen" wrote in message
. ..

"Rupert" wrote in message
om...
My wife's belly is getting big enough that people (friends) are
starting to rub it and talk to the baby. Its funny how people feel
free to come up and pat someone's belly when she is pregnant. My wife
doesn't mind (I think she enjoys it, being so excited about it all)...
Just an interesting observation.

I'm glad your wife is a better sport than me :-). Friends/family are
great - I love that they are excited about the baby. But I cannot
fathom the nerve of a total stranger coming up to me and touching me,
and I am not polite about it when they do. As far as I'm concerned,
invading the personal space of and laying your hands on a total stranger
is assault.

Keep them away!
Jen

I have had people come up to me with tentative outstretched hand, as if
asking for permission. I do not say anything. I do not really care one way
or the other. I just think it is funny to see them hovering there with their
hand in the air. Man, am I mean or what?

Old July 9th 03, 12:52 PM
Rupert

Astromum wrote in message ...
Rupert wrote:
Astromum wrote in message ...

Rupert wrote:

Nobody pats my belly! :-(

/pat pat So how many weeks are you along?

Feel better?

It appears that I am about 20-24 weeks along... :-)

/ROFL
Ah, congrats! So you must have felt movement by now?
Or is it your first? :-D

(This is where you say: 'no, it was the second pint that did it')

Hmmm... Should I tarnish this board with a gross "movement" joke?
Old July 11th 03, 01:09 PM
Rupert

"Em" wrote in message news:zkfPa.26689$Ph3.2152@sccrnsc04...
"Rupert" wrote in message
My wife's belly is getting big enough that people (friends) are
starting to rub it and talk to the baby. Its funny how people feel
free to come up and pat someone's belly when she is pregnant. My wife
doesn't mind (I think she enjoys it, being so excited about it all)...
Just an interesting observation.

I haven't had a stranger pat my belly, but I have had *lots* of other people
do it--even ones I don't know very well at all. I'm not a very "touchy"
person by nature, so it is a little odd, but doesn't bother me like I
thought it mgiht. But, I also feel kind of like The Belly is a separate
entity from me, so it doesn't really feel like they are touching *me.* Hmm.
Does that make sense?

Nobody pats my belly! :-(

Aww! You poor wittle thing pat, pat

Well, thank you. It appears I have been pregnant now for about 5 years.
Old July 11th 03, 07:07 PM
KR

I would have to agree! Although nobody pats my belly except DH so
far, i wouldn't want people I barely know, coworkers, etc. coming up
to me and touching me. That's just wierd.