Halloween Costume?

Old October 9th 06, 08:26 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
blue

Default Halloween Costume?

At Target and other stores there are costumes of a bare butt (bear with me
here!) I saw one last night but it was some weird clown type of thing, but
one of the cutest costumes I ever saw someone wear to a work Halloween party
was a hospital gown that was opened in the back to reveal a big bare butt
cheeks. It's just a set of butt cheeks that straps onto you like a belt I
think so you wear it over shorts and a tee shirt, and then it looks like you
are wearing a hospital gown that's showing too much. The girl who wore this
wore bedroom slippers as shoes and it was so funny.

I think this would be a cute idea to go dressed as a pregnant lady who is
wandering the maternity ward, in an authentic hospital gown that doesn't
close all the way in the back. LOL....it's not scary, but it would be
funny/cute.

The cliche is to have someone make an oven out of a cardboard box and cut a
hole out for the belly, and go as an oven with a bun in it. I have seen
this before too and it was cute.

If you don't want to do the pregnancy theme...you could dress up as a dragon
or other creature that's bigger and pad the top and bottoms more so the
belly won't stand out so much.

Old October 11th 06, 01:04 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Elle

Kylee wrote:
I'm going as a pregnant nun!!

Are you going to wear a sign that says The Devil Made Me Do It?

Elle

Old October 12th 06, 12:19 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward

xkatx wrote:
Well, Halloween is my all time fav event of the year. I like it, by far,
more than Christmas, even!
Unfortunately for me, I think I will be the most knocked up person I know
for this Halloween... EDD is still set at October 30th lol So, I am
assuming I'll be overly pregnant still for Halloween night - which I do NOT
plan on missing!!!!!

Anyways, as much as I love Halloween, I do wear the same costume every
year - a couple years back, I picked up (what I think is) the most beautiful
witch dress. Paid quite a bit for it, and I like it so it's that every
year. This year, it's not going to happen. This dress fit me like a glove
and I'll more than likely be stuck with a very big, pregnant belly, or, not
sure if it's worse, a fairly big gut and a very newborn.

So, I am sticking with the pregnant belly idea, and I was looking for some
type of costume that I could use. I had one lady email me (after posting on
the local freecycle for a suitable costume) and suggest a belly dancer type
costume. She said it was fairly easy to make - just use a regular bra and
pin or sew some material on it and make a dress of some sort even out of
sheer type curtains. I did google for some pictures, and found some good
ones with some nice ideas, but... I'm starting to wonder if this would kind
of be gross for others to have to see.

We have my dad's Halloween party that he throws at his work every year on
the Saturday before in the late evening, and in the early evening, we have
DS's dance school Halloween party. I don't plan on going out and about in
the neighbourhood for Halloween night - I'm hoping I can sit at home and
hand out candy and the kids can go out with their dad or possibly my
brother.

My stomach right now isn't too horrible to look at. I'm not a huge fan of
big pregnant bellies, but I've noticed I haven't gotten any new stretch
marks (yet, knock on wood!) this time around, so most of the ones I do have
are from DSs years and years ago and a few from DD last year. Right now, I
don't really have big, yucky, red stretch marks, but I'm still wondering if
something like this would be kind of gross, inappropriate or disgusting to
others.

What do you think?

If this seems to be too offensive, I might just opt to be a bunch of
grapes - purple balloons pinned to a shirt or something boring like that -
but I really like the idea of a belly dancer. For my dad's party, basically
anything and everything goes. It's an adult-only event, and people MUST
dress up to get through the door, and people come dressed up as everything
from Frankenstein and Dracula to a penis (yes, one of my dad's friends had a
giant penis costume a couple years back!)
It's more the family event for DS's dance school that I'm wondering. It is
a family outing that we are ALL going to. Babies, children, adults.

Ideas?

My husband and I went as a shotgun wedding groom and bride last year. I
had a dollar-store gun slung on my shoulder, and he wore a polyester
suit and tie, and pants that were a tad too short, and a little
moustache that he'd grown over the course of the prior week. It was
loads of fun. And I don't care about the pregnant bride being a boring
idea, if you go with your significant other it's such a laugh.