Meds after C-section

Old June 13th 07, 09:36 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Default Meds after C-section

A quick question for all of you ladies who have had a c-section -- how long
were you on prescription medications after the surgery? Longest or
shortest?

Thanks.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old June 13th 07, 09:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Paula J

Jamie Clark wrote:
A quick question for all of you ladies who have had a c-section -- how long
were you on prescription medications after the surgery? Longest or
shortest?

Hi Jamie,

With the girls, I was on vicodin for about 2 weeks, but my incision got
infected and I had a lot of other stuff going on. With Noah, I got 4-5
days of Percocet out of the deal :-) but then switched to ibuprofen.

Paula
--
Mom to:
Olivia & Cassie, born 4/8/03 @ 26 weeks
Old June 13th 07, 09:52 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
beyond the pale

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
. ..
A quick question for all of you ladies who have had a c-section -- how long
were you on prescription medications after the surgery? Longest or
shortest?

Thanks.
--

This is not me personally but I remember what my sister-in-law did, they
sent her from the hospital with some kind of morphine. I want to say

Old June 13th 07, 10:03 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

A quick question for all of you ladies who have had a c-section -- how long
were you on prescription medications after the surgery? Longest or
shortest?

Again, not personal experience, but it seems to vary wildly. Some women will
take nothing once they are out of the hospital, others will be sent home
with a weeks supply and need to go to the doctor to get more, probably
putting it into the 2-3 week range. It could be longer if there are any
complications, or if the reason for the caesarean was something
musculoskeletal.
Cheers
Anne

Old June 13th 07, 10:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Thanks. The reason I ask is that an aquaintance is talking with a
propsective birthmother who will be having a c-section, and the pbm can't
sign the relinquishment papers until she has been off meds for 24 hours. So
she is trying to figure out about how long that might be. The average time
for a woman to stay in the hospital after c-section is 5 days, right? So it
seems like including the time spent in the hospital, the average time on
meds might be about a week? Barring unforseen circumstances, of course.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

. ..

Old June 13th 07, 10:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..

A quick question for all of you ladies who have had a c-section -- how
long
were you on prescription medications after the surgery? Longest or
shortest?

Again, not personal experience, but it seems to vary wildly. Some women
will take nothing once they are out of the hospital, others will be sent
home with a weeks supply and need to go to the doctor to get more,
probably putting it into the 2-3 week range. It could be longer if there
are any complications, or if the reason for the caesarean was something
musculoskeletal.

I guess I'm wondering how common this last scenario is. I mean, I've had
lots and lots of friends and internet aquaintances have c-sections, but have
never heard anyone say that they needed meds for 2-3 weeks. In fact, I'm
always amazed that it's such major surgery, and yet people seem to be off
prescription meds in 4-5 days, give or take!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old June 13th 07, 10:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Mary W.

On Jun 13, 5:08 pm, "Jamie Clark" wrote:
Thanks. The reason I ask is that an aquaintance is talking with a
propsective birthmother who will be having a c-section, and the pbm can't
sign the relinquishment papers until she has been off meds for 24 hours. So
she is trying to figure out about how long that might be. The average time
for a woman to stay in the hospital after c-section is 5 days, right? So it
seems like including the time spent in the hospital, the average time on
meds might be about a week? Barring unforseen circumstances, of course.

DD1 was a c-section. Let's see if I can remember. She was born Sunday
afternoon. We left the hospital Wed. night, which I think was typical.
We
could have stayed one more day I think. Then she was really sleepy and
not nursing well so I stopped the good drugs (either percocet or
vicodin, can't
remember which), that was probably 2-3 days after she was home? I'd
say
I was on the perscription drugs 5-7 days. Then double dose of motrin
for
another week or so (which was also perscription, but I could have just
doubled
up on the advil).

Mary W.

Old June 13th 07, 11:52 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Engram

Jamie Clark wrote:
A quick question for all of you ladies who have had a c-section --
how long were you on prescription medications after the surgery? Longest
or shortest?

I was off the drip (morphene?) within 24 hours and didn't press the button
all that often, anyway. I was off Percocet within another 12. It gave me
head spins. After that I only took paracetemol. Then the scar got infected
but that's another story...

Engram

Old June 14th 07, 12:05 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

On Jun 13, 4:36 pm, "Jamie Clark" wrote:
A quick question for all of you ladies who have had a c-section -- how long
were you on prescription medications after the surgery?

I had two c-sections. In both cases, I was totally off of the
prescription pain meds after 3 days. I did still take tylenol for a
few days after that, but no prescriptions.

Old June 14th 07, 04:30 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Irrational Number

In hospital for 5 days both times... First time,
got percocet for 4-5 days, took Tylenol at home.
Second time, got vicodin for 4 days plus
combination Tylenol/Motrin for 2 days.

-- Anita --

Looking for IVF MEDS! DESPERATE! INeedIVFMeds Pregnancy 0 April 20th 05 02:25 AM
Sick and need help with OTC meds CY Pregnancy 1 February 13th 05 06:13 AM
School Meds Mark ProbertJanuary 15, 2004 Kids Health 9 January 19th 04 07:45 PM
Meds question CY Breastfeeding 1 November 21st 03 12:19 AM
Cough meds? SuperEeyore Breastfeeding 8 October 11th 03 03:15 AM