Taking a bottle

Old July 8th 03, 03:10 AM
Larry McMahan

Default Taking a bottle

If I am right, you baby is 3 mos now. That is a bit early for a sippy cup.
I suggest that you try feeding her with an eye dropper if she will not take
the bottle.

Larry

Melissa writes:
: Although we've done everything right, DD won't take a bottle. When we first
: introduced one at four weeks, she kind of took it, but hasn't taken one
: since. We're in the process of trying every nipple they sell, but so far no
: luck. We've tried warmer milk and colder milk and that doesn't seem to
: affect things either. She wouldn't take a sippy cup yesterday, but the milk
: wasn't really warm so we may try that again today.

: This is urgent because we're going to a wedding on Friday night and leaving
: her with a sitter, so she'll either have to eat something or I can't go (and
: we're flying to the wedding so not going would really suck).

: Does anyone have other suggestions for helping her take a bottle or sippy
: cup? If she won't take one, where can I find a good sized dropper so she can
: be fed that way? Does anyone know of a website that has a picture of how to
: feed a baby using a cup?

: I'm feeling frantic about this because the two times I've left her I've come
: home to either a screaming, miserable baby or one that's asleep but wakes a
: million times in the night since she didn't eat properly during the early
: evening.

: --
: Melissa (in Los Angeles)
: Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old July 10th 03, 05:43 PM

one thing I found that helped was to squeeze the bottle so that it poured
into her mouth like she was used to. then I would stop and usually she
would start sucking. if she stopped, I would squeeze again. we seemed to
have the best luck with Playtex disposables, with the flat, nipple shaped
nipple.
good luck!
Edith

newsUYLa.67935$3d.30440@sccrnsc02...

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old July 10th 03, 05:48 PM

"Iuil" wrote in message

"andrea" wrote
All 5 babies have taken the bottles eagerly, and still take the breast
equally as well. So all the nipple confusion horror stories mean nothing

me, and if someone asks about my experiences I can only tell the truth.

Lucky you.

There are several posters here with stories contrary to yours. Ask

Richard
and Lily or Lara or even myself for example.

Jean
--
"And he said:
Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of
Life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, and
though they are with you, yet they belong not to you." Khalil Gibran

Return address is unread. Replies to firstnamelastname @eircom.net.

or then there's me - no problem with first 2, big problem with third. I
persisted through 3 nights of screaming (she was fine during the day - go
figure). we got back to nursing, waited a couple of weeks, now no problem
with either anymore
Edith
Joanne Isabelle (aka Lizard) 7w 2d

Old July 10th 03, 09:50 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

E wrote:

took ~2 minutes to wash
things out (double pump - medela PIS).

Is it a lot easier / faster to wash than the Isis? Based on
comments about wearing the Isis out, and potential use for
additional kids, it might make sense to get a PIS if / when
the Isis gives out.

Phoebe

Old July 10th 03, 10:02 PM

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
E wrote:

took ~2 minutes to wash
things out (double pump - medela PIS).

Is it a lot easier / faster to wash than the Isis? Based on
comments about wearing the Isis out, and potential use for
additional kids, it might make sense to get a PIS if / when
the Isis gives out.

Phoebe

I don't know, only have the PIS. I do it immediately after using it so
there is no dried on residue, just using my finger and a drop of soap under
hot running water.
Edith

Old July 10th 03, 10:07 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

E wrote:

I don't know, only have the PIS.

Well, then, how many fiddly little parts do you wash? The
Isis has 10, which doesn't seem like that many until you're
fishing them out of the sink to reassemble.

Phoebe

Old July 12th 03, 06:38 PM

E wrote:

I don't know, only have the PIS.

Well, then, how many fiddly little parts do you wash? The
Isis has 10, which doesn't seem like that many until you're
fishing them out of the sink to reassemble.

Phoebe

just the 2 horns and the 2 bottles
Edith

Old July 12th 03, 08:41 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

E wrote:

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote
Well, then, how many fiddly little parts do you wash?

just the 2 horns and the 2 bottles

I'm definitely switching when the Isis wears out. Which, if
the funny squeaky noise is any indication, may be sooner,
rather than later.

Phoebe

Old July 12th 03, 11:18 PM

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
E wrote:

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote
Well, then, how many fiddly little parts do you wash?

just the 2 horns and the 2 bottles

I'm definitely switching when the Isis wears out. Which, if
the funny squeaky noise is any indication, may be sooner,
rather than later.

Phoebe

I haven't put it through the dishwasher yet. there are 2 little flaps that
I don't feel like taking off. I keep thinking about putting it in a steam
sterilizer, but am too lazy and haven't gotten around to taking it out of
the box yet
Edith
nak