once a weekers on solids

Old October 3rd 03, 10:49 AM
azure

Default once a weekers on solids

we started Audrey this week, the day of her once a week poo! what can I
expect in terms of through put now? she's been eating plain rice congee,
today with a spoonful of avocado. it's been 3 days.

thanks,

Leah, fak

---

Old October 4th 03, 03:23 AM
A&G&K

"azure" wrote in message
we started Audrey this week, the day of her once a week poo! what can I
expect in terms of through put now? she's been eating plain rice congee,
today with a spoonful of avocado. it's been 3 days.

thanks,

Leah, fak

---

You will miss the "one a week" days. I think the rice is quite binding so
maybe 3 days is not too long..... how old is Audrey?
DD (13.5 mo) has about 5 bf a day, solids 3 times a day (DH is just feeding
her a vegemite and cheese sandwich for lunch) and poos 3 times a day not
long after each meal.... and boy! the sweet smelling days of bm poos are
long gone.
Amanda

Old October 4th 03, 11:46 AM
azure

You will miss the "one a week" days. I think the rice is quite binding so
maybe 3 days is not too long..... how old is Audrey?
DD (13.5 mo) has about 5 bf a day, solids 3 times a day (DH is just

feeding
her a vegemite and cheese sandwich for lunch) and poos 3 times a day not
long after each meal.... and boy! the sweet smelling days of bm poos are
long gone.
Amanda

She's 6 months old. Still no poo, she started Tues night, it's Sat evening
now. Ah golly gosh, should I stop feeding her solids until she does one? Is
it still ok for a mostly breastfed baby to go that long?

Thanks,

Leah

---

Old October 4th 03, 02:47 PM
iphigenia

azure wrote:

She's 6 months old. Still no poo, she started Tues night, it's Sat
evening now. Ah golly gosh, should I stop feeding her solids until
she does one? Is it still ok for a mostly breastfed baby to go that
long?

If it'd make you feel better, hold off til she poops and see what it looks
like in terms of consistency. Probably things are fine. But if it's
constipating her, there's no need to give rice. If you want to give a cereal
there are other grains, like barley, that aren't so binding.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old October 5th 03, 12:32 AM
azure

"iphigenia" wrote in message
azure wrote:

She's 6 months old. Still no poo, she started Tues night, it's Sat
evening now. Ah golly gosh, should I stop feeding her solids until
she does one? Is it still ok for a mostly breastfed baby to go that
long?

If it'd make you feel better, hold off til she poops and see what it looks
like in terms of consistency. Probably things are fine. But if it's
constipating her, there's no need to give rice. If you want to give a

cereal
there are other grains, like barley, that aren't so binding.

She blessed me during nappy free time this morning lol. It seemed fine, so
I think she's just keeping up her prior routine. I might try some barley
anyway, I want to avoid wheat for the first 12 months, and want to use a
wide variety of grains.

So goodbye, sweet breastmilk poos. LOL.

Cheers,

Leah

---

Old October 5th 03, 03:15 AM
Cathy

azure wrote in message

She blessed me during nappy free time this morning lol.

They are great at doing that aren't they?! I have got quite good (not very
good - I still have some stains) at removing yellow stains from carpet!

Cathy

solids texture, feeding process etc.. (long) Cathy Breastfeeding 1 September 11th 03 01:06 PM
Medical Abstracts re Intro of Solids? Belphoebe Breastfeeding 3 August 25th 03 02:13 PM
poop, solids vent.. ted Breastfeeding 3 August 14th 03 04:44 PM
Solids before milk at 7 months? H Schinske Breastfeeding 9 July 31st 03 04:21 AM
solids and a 6 month old DavesFatChick Breastfeeding 4 July 28th 03 08:21 PM