Naomi is here... and I am late

Old October 3rd 03, 01:09 PM
Stephanie and Tim

Default Naomi is here... and I am late

in posting this. I have to be quick though. She was born on 9/20 and weighed
7lbs and 14oz. She is adorable; she looks a lot like her brother did when he
was a baby. She nursed successfully after delivery. And has been a champ in
that department since. We had a couple of rocky minutes after she had an
EKG. I had put my pinky in her mouth to sooth her, then she got confused
trying to get on the breast. But it was easily fixed. Though I think those
bottles of sugar water for feeding infants are weird ( I cannot understand
why you would feed sugar, but I am probably not clear on some medical issue)
it came in handy with a dropper to put something on the breast to get her to
try latching when she had gotten frustrated.

The labor and delivery was uneventful. I was induced. I am not certain now
that I made the right decision to do that, but all is well that ends well. I
tried to ride the contractions without meds and failed miserably. I had
instructed my husband not to offer me meds. He was really cute. The nurse
had asked to get the anesthesiologist QUICK. DH said -- gee did she ask for
meds? She does not want us to offer. He had not heard me ask. I YELLED YES!
MEDS! THAT yelling actually felt pretty good. Anyway, I do not really feel
like a failure. Now that the baby is born, probably my last, and she is
perfect, I cannot get worked up over it.

Oh, we had one scare in the hospital that I almost forgot about. She has a
heart murmur. The ped cardiologist was down to look at her and everything.
Anyway, it is not too alarming. She is most likely to grow out of it. But if
not, the only impact that they can think of to her life is that she may not
be able to get into the military. DAMN! By the time she is an adult, if we
keep electing Republicans, women will be draftable just so we can keep
invading people who have (oops I mean used to have) weapons of mass
destruction or who do not show any evidence of supporting global terrorism.
Sorry, I could not help it. All of you Republicans out there, know that
this comes from sleep deprivation. I do not dislike Republicans, except Bush
and Limbaugh. OK the list is longer than that... But I dislike a lot of
Democrats too. I wander...

So we are very well. I am trying to figure out newborns. I forgot how
mysterious they seem. But she is pretty easy going.

Bye for now. My posts may be intermittent because my ISP stinks.

Stephanie

Old October 3rd 03, 06:42 PM
Dagny

Congratulations! You have a wonderful perspective on what sounds like very
challenging circumstances.

(And I personally think the Democrats are more likely to start drafting
women, at least for combat.)

Old October 3rd 03, 06:50 PM
Coccinella

Congratulations Stephanie and welcome to Naomi.

Love

Nicky

Old October 3rd 03, 06:57 PM
Dawn Lawson

Stephanie and Tim wrote:

in posting this. I have to be quick though. She was born on 9/20 and weighed
7lbs and 14oz. She is adorable

Congrats!

Though I think those
bottles of sugar water for feeding infants are weird ( I cannot understand
why you would feed sugar, but I am probably not clear on some medical issue)

To counteract any jaundice (it stimulates the bowels to remove the
bilirubin, which is excreted via poop) According the the ped I saw (a
"good" one who was nonetheless so full of misinformation it's a wonder
she didn't tip over)I was supposed to feed my 5 day old baby 90mls of
sugar water???? (instead of breastmilk that is FULL of lactose???)

It's not needed routinely. I'm just stunned they still do it. (I thot
it was weird when I was 8yo and my bro was born, find it bizarre now
that I have some facts about it)

Anyhow, sounds like you're doing great!

Dawn

Old October 3rd 03, 07:16 PM
SMK

Stephanie and Tim wrote:

[...]

Congratulations! Naomi is a beautiful name.

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Old October 3rd 03, 07:34 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Congratulations, and welcome to Naomi! You sound happy :-)

Sidheag
edd Oct 13th
Old October 3rd 03, 07:39 PM
Fer

Stephanie and Tim wrote:
|| in posting this. I have to be quick though. She was born on 9/20 and
|| weighed 7lbs and 14oz.

Congrats and welcome Naomi! Sounds like you managed your birth quite well
;-)

~~~Cheers!~~~
Jenn-WAHM-DS11-DD6-TTC#3

Old October 3rd 03, 08:29 PM
Ilse Witch

Stephanie and Tim wrote:
in posting this. I have to be quick though. She was born on 9/20 and weighed
7lbs and 14oz. She is adorable; she looks a lot like her brother did when he
was a baby. She nursed successfully after delivery.

Congrats Stephanie!! I'm glad you are so relaxed about the whole thing.
Sometimes things just don't go quite as we expect, and getting all
messed up over them afterwards won't make it better, it will only
make you worse.

Anyway, it is not too alarming. She is most likely to grow out of it. But if
not, the only impact that they can think of to her life is that she may not
be able to get into the military. DAMN! By the time she is an adult, if we
keep electing Republicans, women will be draftable just so we can keep
invading people who have (oops I mean used to have) weapons of mass
destruction or who do not show any evidence of supporting global terrorism.

:-D You forgot the ones that we *think* they *may* in the *distant*
future *perhaps* develop something close to WMD's...

I hope she outgrows it. Most kids do.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (14m)

Old October 3rd 03, 09:16 PM
Em

"Stephanie and Tim" wrote in message
in posting this. I have to be quick though. She was born on 9/20 and

weighed
7lbs and 14oz. She is adorable; she looks a lot like her brother did when

he
was a baby.

snip

Congratulations to you and your family and welcome to baby Naomi! Glad
things are going well overall, but sorry to hear about the heart
murmur--glad that it is of minimal concern.

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03

Old October 3rd 03, 09:47 PM
Magenta

wasn't it a democrat...ummm.......Bill Clinton, who signed the bill allowing
"partial birth abortions"?