SAHD -- NPR story

Old July 29th 03, 12:26 AM
Rob and Laura

Default SAHD -- NPR story

Great to see you here again, I have not seen you post in a long while. How
is little Micaela doing?

--
Laura
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

"Richard" wrote in message
NPR's "Talk of the Nation" featured a story today on stay at home dads.
It's available online at

http://discover.npr.org/rundowns/seg...l?wfId=1359753

Richard
Micaela's not-a-SAHD

Old July 30th 03, 12:42 AM
Rob and Laura

Hi Richard glad to hear all is well on your end. I hope you have fun baby
proofing the whole house. My time will soon come I am sure.
Well Izabella is almost 6 months old, she is crawling all over the place and
she has 3 teeth already. Things are going so great.
Izabella, like micaela, loves the water as well, and loves to be dunked too.
It was hard for me at 1st to do this as well. But it never seems to bother
her.
What was Micaelas web site that you have made for her, I would love to look
at some more pictures of her.
Thanks for the update on her and your family. Glad to see you back here
posting.

--
Laura
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**
And 2 felines *Ashes(2) & George (4)*
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/izabellawelburn/

"Richard" wrote in message
In misc.kids.breastfeeding Rob and Laura

wrote:
: Great to see you here again, I have not seen you post in a long while.

How
: is little Micaela doing?

Hi Laura,
Thanks so much for asking. We're doing well. Micaela is taking her

time
outgrowing babyhood -- nine months, no teeth, not crawling, but thriving
nonetheless. It's starting to look like she's going to walk before she
crawls. Her legs are strong and she is starting to develop balancing

skills.
sigh. It's time to babyproof the house (a MAJOR task!).

We're starting solids. Her favorites are peas and brown rice (out of the

jar
with some breastmilk stirred in) and avocado and breastmilk (her clear
favorite).

She and I are taking a swimming course together, "Tiny Tugboats". She's

quite
comfortable in the water. When I dunk her (one of the lessons, and very
difficult (for me) the first time), she just comes up, blinks, and

continues
looking around as if nothing happened.

She's a great baby; we're very lucky. She has shown no obvious signs of
stranger anxiety (though we're keeping an eye out for it) and, most of the
time, is a great restaurant baby. She had a great nine-month checkup;
everything looks fine. As I said, we have been (and are) quite fortunate.

How is Izabella doing? How about an update? Her web site is nice, and

the
watch-me-eat-my-fist pose looks all too familiar.

Thanks again for asking.

Richard
Micaela's dad

Old August 12th 03, 09:05 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Richard wrote:

* Thanks so much for asking. We're doing well. Micaela is taking her time
*outgrowing babyhood -- nine months, no teeth, not crawling, but thriving
*nonetheless. It's starting to look like she's going to walk before she
*crawls. Her legs are strong and she is starting to develop balancing skills.
*sigh. It's time to babyproof the house (a MAJOR task!).

Hehehe. Naomi (Micaela's age-peer, you may recall, DOB 10/20) started to
crawl on 8/1 while I was at work. I work like 15 hrs on an average week,
and she HAS to start while I'm at work - AND the day before we leave for
vacation, so of course she crawled all over the beach, out from under the
shady umbrella and baby tent we set up, all over the non-childproofed
rented home, etc etc . On the fifth day of crawling, she started
pulling herself to standing; yesterday she just about tried to "cruise"
but didn't quite do it.

*We're starting solids. Her favorites are peas and brown rice (out of the jar
*with some breastmilk stirred in) and avocado and breastmilk (her clear
*favorite).

Naomi really rejected solids until just about 8 mos. Now she eats anything
I give her but due to some personal problems of hers she is getting
about 60% prunes, and then tiny bits of everything else at random.

*She and I are taking a swimming course together, "Tiny Tugboats". She's quite

Cool! Nomes took a swimming class with me (my husband took our son to swim
class) and she loved it too. She kicks incredibly well when on her back.
The teacher was very impressed.

*She's a great baby; we're very lucky. She has shown no obvious signs of
*stranger anxiety (though we're keeping an eye out for it) and, most of the
*time, is a great restaurant baby. She had a great nine-month checkup;
*everything looks fine. As I said, we have been (and are) quite fortunate.

Same here - except the past two weeks, Nomi started getting VERY ****ED
OFF when I go out of sight. Sigh.

Glad to see the Micaela update!

Old August 12th 03, 09:19 PM
Banty

In article , Hillary Israeli says...

In ,
Richard wrote:

[...]

Brings back memories - my son started crawling (like a little wind-up toy - once
he'd figured it out - he'd start crawling in the air while I was putting him
down!) at nine months when we were on the road. All over my cousin's dog-carpet,
all over iffy motel carpets, up Wisconsin stream banks - everywhere!

Banty