36wk check-up and general progress

Old April 15th 04, 12:35 AM
Angela Schepers

Default 36wk check-up and general progress

Everything looks so far so good! My BP went down so for right now the
OB isn't quite as concerned about that as she was. We did the strep B
test *shivers uncomfortably*. I didn't enjoy that at all. I'll get
those results at my appointment on April 14. I only gained 1.5 lbs from
my 34 wk appointment so my weight gain is slowing down which makes me
happy. There was some protein in my urine at last appointment but they
didn't see any this time so it looks like I'm in the clear there. The
OB did a vaginal exam and it seems that I'm a whole 1cm dialated and his
head has moved down farther into my pelvis so she says he'll stay put.
Woohoo! She also estimated he's somewhere between 6-6.5 lbs currently.

After I got done with the appointment it dawned on me that I'm gonna
have a baby sometime within the next month. OMG! We're not ready!!!
So of course I went on a shopping spree to get all the little things I
thought we needed that we haven't gotten yet like the baby bath tub,
diaper bag, changing pad, a few more receiving blankets, Baby soap,
shampoo, diaper rash cream, baby powder, etc. some things for me
post-partum, a few pacifiers, a couple teether toys and I looked for a
changing pad and washable covers but couldn't find anything at either
Wal-Mart or Target. Any tips on where to find that? After walking
around those stores for a couple hours my back and pubic bone are
killing me! At the least I feel like I got something done though.

On a side note DH and I bought a changing tower not only for changing
the baby but also for storage and to use as a dresser for him. We were
halfway done putting the thing together when we discovered that a couple
of parts are missing. *BIG GRUMBLE*. SO, the thing is partially put
together in our office upstairs with other bits and pieces thrown around
everywhere. We're waiting on replacement parts but it's just so darned
frustrating waiting on them!

The physical therapy has helped the achiness and pain in my pubic and
pelvic area A LOT! My pubic area still hurts some but I expected that
just cause the baby is putting a lot of pressure on there. I'm just
glad that I can go shopping and do normal things again! How are all you
other mid-late 30 weekers doing? My little man is as busy beating the
crap out of me as ever. I could have sworn he was doing flips in there
a couple mornings ago. The Hiccups have really picked up too... he
usually gets them 3 times a day for 10-15 minutes. The BH contractions
have REALLY picked up. I'm having as many as 5-20 a day, never painful
or regular of course. There are just a lot of them. I'm hoping this
means my labor won't be too terribly long off. I can't imagine going
overdue. I'd be the biggest crank in the world. LOL, and DH agrees.

Angela Schepers
EDD #1 5-13-04

Old April 15th 04, 01:06 PM
Jill

"Angela Schepers" wrote
We did the strep B
test *shivers uncomfortably*. I didn't enjoy that at all. I'll get
those results at my appointment on April 14.

Ooh, please explain this! I am having this done next week......I am nt
looking forward to it. I know it involves swabbing and I am tender, so I
expect it not to feel good....but is it that bad?

Old April 15th 04, 01:41 PM
Nancy P

"Angela Schepers" wrote in message
... and I looked for a
changing pad and washable covers but couldn't find anything at either
Wal-Mart or Target. Any tips on where to find that? After walking
around those stores for a couple hours my back and pubic bone are
killing me! At the least I feel like I got something done though.

Is there a Babies R Us near you? I got my changing pad and covers there
(but it was 2 years ago).

How are all you
other mid-late 30 weekers doing? My little man is as busy beating the
crap out of me as ever. I could have sworn he was doing flips in there
a couple mornings ago. The Hiccups have really picked up too... he
usually gets them 3 times a day for 10-15 minutes. The BH contractions
have REALLY picked up. I'm having as many as 5-20 a day, never painful
or regular of course. There are just a lot of them. I'm hoping this
means my labor won't be too terribly long off. I can't imagine going
overdue. I'd be the biggest crank in the world. LOL, and DH agrees.

Angela Schepers
EDD #1 5-13-04

Hi. Looks like we share a due date, although I'm probably going to be
having my baby in April due to some complications I'm having. I have a lot
of BH contractions, actually, last Sunday they were 7 minutes apart for 3
hours, and I thought that this was it. When I had my DD, though, I had BH
contractions every evening for about 3 weeks before I gave birth. This time
they're much more painful. Anyway, hang in there...Your little one will be
here soon!

Nancy
edd 5/13/04

Old April 15th 04, 04:30 PM
Angela Schepers

There is a Toys R Us in a town 30 miles away (I'm sure they carry them)
but I don't think either DH or I want to drove over there. We'd
probably just end up ordering one online if we can't get one here in
town but thanks for the tip!

Old April 15th 04, 04:51 PM
Carol Ann

After I got done with the appointment it dawned on me that I'm gonna
have a baby sometime within the next month. OMG! We're not ready!!!
So of course I went on a shopping spree to get all the little things I
thought we needed that we haven't gotten yet like the baby bath tub,
diaper bag, changing pad, a few more receiving blankets, Baby soap,
shampoo, diaper rash cream, baby powder, etc. some things for me
post-partum, a few pacifiers, a couple teether toys and I looked for a
changing pad and washable covers but couldn't find anything at either
Wal-Mart or Target. Any tips on where to find that?

I found my changing pad and cover at ToysRUs/BabiesRUs. FYI, my Ped said I
didn't need powder due to it's caking up when mixed with urine and sweat.

After walking
around those stores for a couple hours my back and pubic bone are
killing me! At the least I feel like I got something done though.

I hope you are not walking too much.

On a side note DH and I bought a changing tower not only for changing
the baby but also for storage and to use as a dresser for him. We were
halfway done putting the thing together when we discovered that a couple
of parts are missing. *BIG GRUMBLE*. SO, the thing is partially put
together in our office upstairs with other bits and pieces thrown around
everywhere. We're waiting on replacement parts but it's just so darned
frustrating waiting on them!

ARGH! I hate that. Kevin put in a closet organizer in the small closet in
the baby's room (how did I use it as a teenager? It's soooo small!). I
have all of Morgan's clothes, towels, burp clothes, bibs, blankets.....in
there. I use an old desk converted into a changing table to store diapers,
wetnaps, meds....

I personally don't want to "see" the diapers, wetnaps...on the top of or
side of the dresser.

[...]

Happy Baby Vibes Sent,

Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan, March 24, 2004
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bes...=/8923&.src=ph

Old April 15th 04, 05:13 PM
Carla

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:06:17 GMT, "Jill" wrote:

"Angela Schepers" wrote
We did the strep B
test *shivers uncomfortably*. I didn't enjoy that at all. I'll get
those results at my appointment on April 14.

Ooh, please explain this! I am having this done next week......I am nt
looking forward to it. I know it involves swabbing and I am tender, so I
expect it not to feel good....but is it that bad?

I just had mine yesterday and it was over before I knew it had
started. No jabbing or poking like I expected. Basically just a
little swabbing 'downtown' that took like half a second.

What I am dreading is next week's cervical exam -- I'm certain that
won't be as lickity-split as the strep-B.

My husband was more worried than me because he knows how sensitive
everything is down there lately -- he was probably just worried that
I'd squeeze his hand off...I told him I'd probaby make up for it
during next week's exam so GET READY! (I might squeeze hard
anyway...just for fun)

Carla
#1 EDD 5/14/04
Old April 15th 04, 06:03 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Carla wrote:

What I am dreading is next week's cervical exam -- I'm certain that
won't be as lickity-split as the strep-B.

So why do it?

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old April 15th 04, 06:05 PM
Carla

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:03:34 -0400, Ericka Kammerer
wrote:

Carla wrote:

What I am dreading is next week's cervical exam -- I'm certain that
won't be as lickity-split as the strep-B.

So why do it?

I didn't really know that I had a choice. How can I get out of it?
What do I say? (Help me, help me!) :-o

Carla
#1 EDD 5/14/04
Old April 15th 04, 06:13 PM
Mary W.

wrote:

Carla wrote:

What I am dreading is next week's cervical exam -- I'm certain that
won't be as lickity-split as the strep-B.

So why do it?

I didn't really know that I had a choice. How can I get out of it?
What do I say? (Help me, help me!) :-o

"No, thank you". That's all you have to say, really. Even my intervention
happy OB last time said fine when I declined internals at the end of that
pregnancy. He did keep offering, I just kept declining.

Mary

Old April 15th 04, 06:32 PM
Tori M.

"Jill" wrote in message
m...

"Angela Schepers" wrote
We did the strep B
test *shivers uncomfortably*. I didn't enjoy that at all. I'll get
those results at my appointment on April 14.

Ooh, please explain this! I am having this done next week......I am nt
looking forward to it. I know it involves swabbing and I am tender, so I
expect it not to feel good....but is it that bad?

I dont understand what bothered her about the strep test. I found it more
pleasant then when they test you for the throat strep.. All the they do is
swab your peri area with a cotton swab then you sit up. Not that difficult.
At least they are not shoving that stupid swab into the back of your throat
to get the culture... icky.

Tori