My own name question

Old May 25th 04, 06:54 PM
laurie

Default My own name question

katrina, hands down.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 3 years
Christopher, 13 months
Old May 25th 04, 06:54 PM
Sophie

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Sophie wrote:
Denise wrote:
Riley

If it's a first name, it's a boy's name IMO.

Really?! I don't think I've heard a boy Riley in
*ages* and *ages*, but I've heard a lot of girl Rileys.
I wouldn't say it's my favorite name, but I think the
tide (if there was one) has definitely turned on this
name, at least on the US east coast.

Best wishes,
Ericka

I only hear Riley as a girl *now*. The first ones I knew were boys so it's
hard for me to see it as a girl's name. But I'd definitely say it's a girl
name now.

Old May 25th 04, 07:23 PM
Clisby

CY wrote:
Seconded...

Thirded. (Although I'm probably ornery enough to take advantage of a
deployment to use the name I really liked ...)

Clisby

Old May 25th 04, 07:27 PM
Jamie Clark

Yep, Riley has definitely been co-opted by the girls side. We'd had Riley
as our chosen boy name for years, but just crossed it off the list, as I
know of too many girls with the name. Plus, our thinking has rather changed
over the years, and now we don't really like boys names that end with an
"ie" or "y" sound -- Cody, Riley, etc, sound too cutesy -- they work well
for a baby or toddler, but not as well for a 40 year old man, or the
President of the United States. So, Riley is off the list. We were able to
agree on another boys name, should baby #2 be a boy, but we haven't yet
settled on a girls name.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old May 25th 04, 07:34 PM
Bóliath

Denise Anderson wrote:

I have no idea what it is. He likes Rhianna also,

Ooh me too, it's lovely, but it might get confused with Rhiannon?
There's an Irish name Rione which means Queenly, it's pronounced
REE-unna, it's a great name, imo.

Old May 25th 04, 08:01 PM
Denise Anderson

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
ink.net...
Yep, Riley has definitely been co-opted by the girls side. We'd had Riley
as our chosen boy name for years, but just crossed it off the list, as I
know of too many girls with the name. Plus, our thinking has rather

changed
over the years, and now we don't really like boys names that end with an
"ie" or "y" sound -- Cody, Riley, etc, sound too cutesy -- they work well
for a baby or toddler, but not as well for a 40 year old man, or the
President of the United States. So, Riley is off the list. We were able

agree on another boys name, should baby #2 be a boy, but we haven't yet
settled on a girls name.
--

Maybe I'll go in and the ultrasound will have been wrong We can agree on
a boy's name, we've had it picked out for months. The girl thing is killing

Denise

Old May 25th 04, 08:04 PM
M Wayne

another vote for katrina

"Denise Anderson" wrote in message
Ok.. My DH is gonna be deploying this week so he definitly won't be her

when
this DD arrives. All the sudden I'm terrified I won't be able to fill out
the birth certificate paperwork because we haven't agreed on a name yet.

Here's our short list. I've won the middle name battle, it doesn't look
like I'm going to win the first name battle, so while none of these names
are my favorite, they're what we agree on so far.

Haley
Riley
Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)
Katrina

Any opinions?

Denise

Old May 25th 04, 08:10 PM
Denise Anderson

"Bóliath" wrote in message
Denise Anderson wrote:

I have no idea what it is. He likes Rhianna also,

Ooh me too, it's lovely, but it might get confused with Rhiannon?
There's an Irish name Rione which means Queenly, it's pronounced
REE-unna, it's a great name, imo.

Rhiannon is the name I like most. I don't know if we'd have to worry about
Rhianna being confused with Rhiannon because AFAIK Rhiannon might be a
popular Stevie Nicks' song, its not a popular name. I'm more concerned with
it being confused with Brianna. I'll have to ask him about Rione. Its
spelled uniquely enough for him, at least.

Or I could just take my 5 year old's advice and name her Soccer Baby.

Denise

Old May 25th 04, 08:17 PM
Sophie

Or I could just take my 5 year old's advice and name her Soccer Baby.

Denise

Or you could take Charlotte's - Rainbow Sparkle

Old May 25th 04, 08:32 PM
Circe

Sophie wrote:
Or I could just take my 5 year old's advice and name her Soccer
Baby.

Or you could take Charlotte's - Rainbow Sparkle

The joke in my family is that, had I been a boy, I would have been called
Hey You, since my parents hadn't picked a boy name for me. Some folks have
suggested interesting alternative spellings for that, such as Heju or Hayu.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 04:23 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 04:28 AM
Intro, and Toddler/Daycare Question Betty Woolf General 4 December 3rd 03 04:25 PM