really in trouble now...anyone been to Janeville?

Old April 24th 04, 06:57 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Default really in trouble now...anyone been to Janeville?

I've been really bad with baby clothes--they're
just too darned cute. Fortunately Genevieve keeps growing
and the seasons keep changing, so more clothes are required ;-)
I find that I am somewhat addicted to Janie and Jack, though
I am good and wait for the sales (because the prices are
completely ridiculous full price). I also discovered a
*really* adorable shop locally called Grandmother's Back
Room that is just piled floor to ceiling with delicious
clothes (lots of Sara Louise, Sweet Potatoes, Kitestrings,
Feltman). I only wish that the sweet smocked dresses
were all cotton (I guess they figure people don't want
to iron, but the cotton seems so much more comfortable!).
Waaaayyyy too much trouble in that shop.
Anyway, I learned two more items while perusing
the sales rack at Janie and Jack the other day: 1) they
will soon be adding larger sizes--up to 4T by this summer,
and 2) they'll be launching a women's store.
Being curious, I snooped around, and sure enough,
the women's store will be Janeville and the target
demographic will include many of the women here. Apparently
it will follow the same general plan as Janie and Jack
(new collections every two weeks, lots of mix and match
collections) and stores will have a "cottage-y" feel.
Stores are open currently at the Valley Fair Mall in
Santa Clara, CA and Bellevue Square in Bellevue, WA. A
store opens in Burlingame Avenue in Burlingame, CA on
April 30th. Anyway, has anyone been to one of the stores?
There are no products shown on their website, and
I was wondering what the clothes were like. I suspect
prices will be up there, but with collections coming
every two weeks, I suspect there will also be frequent
sales.
Another odd thing I learned snooping around--
Janie and Jack and Janeville are owned by Gymboree.
Whoda thunk it?

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old April 24th 04, 09:56 PM
Kari

I haven't been to one of the stores but I absolutely *love* Janie and Jack.
I just ordered a huge summer order for Xander, and yes they are outrageous
full priced but on sale, I stock up!!

And I discovered them through Gymboree actually!! There are no Janie and
Jack stores near me so I have to do it all online....sigh

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (5) and Xander (6 mos)

Old April 24th 04, 10:22 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Kari wrote:

I haven't been to one of the stores but I absolutely *love* Janie and Jack.
I just ordered a huge summer order for Xander, and yes they are outrageous
full priced but on sale, I stock up!!

They are *really* good at clothes that make you
say, "Awwwwww, how *precious*!" Thank goodness the sales
are good. Sometimes I stalk a particular outfit for a long
time only to find that there aren't any left in the right
size when they get to a price I'm willing to pay, but oh
well.

And I discovered them through Gymboree actually!! There are no Janie and
Jack stores near me so I have to do it all online....sigh

Really? I've been disenchanted with Gymboree for
the last several years, so I haven't been there much.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old April 26th 04, 06:52 PM
M Wayne

A friend of mine is a baby/toddler clothing designer and presently has Janie
& Jack as a client (I'm hoping to score big when my son is born this
summer!) and last time we talked she mentioned Janeville. I haven't seen any
of the clothes yet either, but she said that it's supposed to be similar to
Anthropologie, except with better quality and lower price points. Which is
fine with me, because it seems that Anthropologie just keeps getting more
and more pricey.

Old April 26th 04, 09:04 PM
Ericka Kammerer

M Wayne wrote:

A friend of mine is a baby/toddler clothing designer and presently has Janie
& Jack as a client (I'm hoping to score big when my son is born this
summer!) and last time we talked she mentioned Janeville. I haven't seen any
of the clothes yet either, but she said that it's supposed to be similar to
Anthropologie, except with better quality and lower price points. Which is
fine with me, because it seems that Anthropologie just keeps getting more
and more pricey.

Hmm...interesting. Anthropologie is definitely too
pricey, at least for what you get in my opinion. I'm not
always that fond of their clothing though. It'll be interesting
to see what the clothes are like.

Thanks for the info,
Ericka