Leg cramp? anyone else?

Old January 21st 04, 02:04 PM
Christine

Default Leg cramp? anyone else?

I had a Horrible cramp in my calf 2 days ago when i got out of bed, it
only lasted a few mins. ( I used to get these all the time)
but i have'nt had on for awhile.....does anyone else get these in there
calfs or anywhere else?
I havent had one since, but it left my calf very sore when I flex or
walk......

tia....Christine

Old January 21st 04, 02:58 PM
Sue

Usually cramps in the legs mean you are low on potassium, calcium and/or
magnesium. Try eating more bannas and orange juice.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old January 21st 04, 04:50 PM
Coccinella

I had the same thing in the middle of the night. I used to have cramps even
before the pg but now I notice they are more painful and they last longer. I
read that it is normal and it is because the little one is getting a lot of
Ca from me. As long as it is for a good cause....
I hope your leg feels better now.

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 21st 04, 07:29 PM
Amy

I used to have horrendous cramps like that on stretching as I woke, with my
last pg. I don't know if there's anything you can do about them.

Old January 21st 04, 08:10 PM
Whirligig Witch

In article , Christine
writes
I had a Horrible cramp in my calf 2 days ago when i got out of bed, it
only lasted a few mins. ( I used to get these all the time)
but i have'nt had on for awhile.....does anyone else get these in there
calfs or anywhere else?
I havent had one since, but it left my calf very sore when I flex or
walk......

Yes, I got cramps on and off from about 20 weeks onwards. About the same
time I got urges to drink even more milk than usual, so I did, I
reckoned I must need the calcium. I found stretching my legs and
wiggling my toes and general circulatory feet exercises before bed
tended to reduce them.

In the second stage of my labour, I got excrutiating leg cramps in my
right leg. So one midwife was keeping an eye on my pushing and the other
was massaging my calf. That pain was worse than the head crowning, I
think.
--
Whirligig Witch
Old January 21st 04, 09:19 PM
Karen

Up your calcium intake, maybe taking some extra in the afternoon of
evening, light exercise, and do some gentle stretching before you go to bed.

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 1/2 and someone due 4/24/04-

Old January 22nd 04, 01:56 PM
ang's

I get leg cramps from stetching before sleep .
sometimes I stetch when I'm sleeping ouch

Old January 22nd 04, 10:34 PM
H Schinske

Richard wrote:

Fwiw, I read that dried apricots have more potassium than any other food.

Depends how you define the serving size, I should think. There's a long list of
potassium-rich foods in Laurel's Kitchen, on which I seem to recall that
butternut squash, spinach, and various kinds of beans were the big winners. A
cup of dried apricots might have more potassium than a cup of cooked squash,
but it's a lot easier to eat a cup of squash! (that is, if you like it). A
whole cup of dried apricots would give you big-time trots.

Oh, and a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses has more potassium in it than a
quarter-cup of dried apricots.

--Helen