Ok I'm getting so excited

Old September 11th 06, 05:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anna.Nicole.m

Default Ok I'm getting so excited

I have made it to 34 weeks. I spent all day yesterday contracting.
starting at 5 am and we're still going. they are not becoming regular.
the midwife said this could go for a week or maybe 2. I know it's
best to get your little ones to 37 weeks, but I can't wait to meet this
one. The midwife has begun weaning me off Procardia. And I will stop
taking it completely Next monday. If I go into active Labor this week
they may or may not try to stop it, depending on the size of the baby.
but if I hold out until Monday I can deliver at the birthing center in
a calm soothing environment.

I'm so excited to meet my baby.

one worry I do have is breastfeeding may be a little harder according
to the midwives.

Old September 11th 06, 07:58 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Anna.Nicole.m writes:

: one worry I do have is breastfeeding may be a little harder according
: to the midwives.

Why is this? Are you a first timer? If you go into labor and deliver
naturally, I don't see any particular obstacles.

Larry
Old September 12th 06, 12:19 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Mum of Two

wrote in message ...
Anna.Nicole.m writes:

: one worry I do have is breastfeeding may be a little harder according
: to the midwives.

Why is this? Are you a first timer? If you go into labor and deliver
naturally, I don't see any particular obstacles.

I assume she means if the baby is prem and has trouble latching on. Anna, be
assertive - hospitals will sometimes give you incorrect advice or leave you
with little to no help, in my experience. If you need help - ask for it! See
if you can get familiar with a La Leche League leader in your area prior to
having baby, if it might make it easier to ask for help when you need it. Or
ask to speak to a lactation consultant.

LLL has some links to resources:

http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/premresources.html
http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/premimportant.html

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old September 12th 06, 02:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anna.Nicole.m

Mum of Two wrote:
Anna, be
assertive - hospitals will sometimes give you incorrect advice or leave you
with little to no help, in my experience. If you need help - ask for it! See
if you can get familiar with a La Leche League leader in your area prior to
having baby, if it might make it easier to ask for help when you need it. Or
ask to speak to a lactation consultant.

thanks as long as all goes well I won't deleiver in the hospital I will
have the baby at the midwife run birthing center. I also have hired a
post partum doula that works for le leche League as well. Even if I do
deliver at the hospital for some crazy reason it will be by my midwives
and they also come to my house a day or so after birth to ensure all is
going well. So I have a ton of support and I plan to breastfeed no
matter what.

I'm too lazy to get up at 2 am in the morning to make a bottle of
formula LOL

Old September 13th 06, 05:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anna.Nicole.m

thank you for you encouragement. I went to see the midwives last night
and I am 50% effaced and dialating. They upped my medication they now
want me to wait until 36 weeks, and gave me the option of going to the
hospital until 36 weeks and being put on terbutaline. I didn't like
that option so we are taking it easy, just work and home and taking my
medication more often. So in 10 days we will be at 36 weeks and free
and clear for baby.

Old September 13th 06, 06:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

"Anna.Nicole.m" wrote in message
ups.com...
thank you for you encouragement. I went to see the midwives last night
and I am 50% effaced and dialating. They upped my medication they now
want me to wait until 36 weeks, and gave me the option of going to the
hospital until 36 weeks and being put on terbutaline. I didn't like
that option so we are taking it easy, just work and home and taking my
medication more often. So in 10 days we will be at 36 weeks and free
and clear for baby.

remember that some level of dilation and effacement is normal at this stage,
even in first pregnancies. Some doctors do routine exams and many women seem
well on the way and still wait weeks for their babies. I think I'm unusual,
in that even 2nd time around, there was no dilation, almost no effacement,
just a little softening, 6hrs before the baby was born. My mum was the
opposite extreme, went in to the hospital to be induced with me and found to
be 8cm dilated, I think they must have thought she was in labour, but hadn't
noticed, but they never felt a contraction, she was staying in overnight
before induction and it seems like no one expected her to still be pregnant
by morning, but she was and had a straight forward induction.

Cheers

Anne

Old September 14th 06, 12:35 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Mum of Two

Mum of Two wrote:
[...]

Nice! Good on you, it'll go great :-)

So excited! CY Pregnancy 9 November 1st 04 08:29 PM
excited Kaybee Pregnancy 5 August 11th 04 06:01 PM
Poll- what makes you excited? Jill Pregnancy 7 November 30th 03 02:50 AM
New Baby - Dad not as excited as he thought paul williams Pregnancy 13 October 22nd 03 06:07 PM
3 month update, and I'm so excited about something! KC Breastfeeding 1 August 27th 03 08:48 PM