Top-selling author says flawed vaccinations caused Gulf War disease

Old August 29th 04, 11:39 AM
john

Default Top-selling author says flawed vaccinations caused Gulf War disease

http://www.sundaypost.com/news4.htm

Top-selling author says flawed vaccinations caused disease

Scientist blasts MoD over Gulf War Syndrome
By Iain Harrison

AN award-winning scientist says his research into Gulf War Syndrome counters
claims by the MoD that it doesn't exist.

Dr Ken McClure, now a best-selling author, investigated the claims of ill
veterans while researching his latest novel, The Gulf Conspiracy.

The ex-molecular geneticist with the Medical Research Council says his
findings point towards flawed vaccinations as the cause of the controversial
condition.

Edinburgh-based Dr McClure considered submitting his thesis to the ongoing
Gulf War Syndrome (GWS) inquiry.

But he reneged amid fears sceptics would dismiss this as a publicity stunt.

In a frank interview with The Sunday Post, Dr McClure reveals how he came up
against a wall of silence when he began probing the cause of the disease.

"Around 250,000 veterans are adamant their illness is a direct result of
their service in the first Gulf War," he explains.

Crucial

"But the MoD, backed by the medical establishment, insist the range of
symptoms reported rules out the possibility of a single syndrome being
responsible.

"This is crucial because without the recognition of a single condition there
can be no compensation paid out. In my opinion, this is completely wrong.

"GWS is similar to Aids in that there is no single disease called Aids.
Sufferers contract a wide range of 'Aids-related conditions' which can
include tuberculosis and pneumonia, which attack the immune system.

"I began looking for a single thing which could have destroyed the immune
system of Gulf War veterans.

"I concluded that the only thing it could have been was the vaccines given
to troops.

"However, when I asked questions about the cocktail of drugs within the
vaccines I was told some were classified under the Official Secrets Act."

He claims his findings developed even more significance when the MoD
admitted to him that 72 per cent of veterans' medical records had gone
missing since the war ended.

French troops

Dr McClure hit upon his vaccine theory after studying available data from
two "control groups" - soldiers not given the vaccine who did go to the Gulf
and soldiers given the vaccine but who did not go to the Gulf.

"Some people claim Saddam's chemical and biological weapons are to blame for
the condition while others say it's down to depleted uranium," adds Dr
McClure.

"Yet the first group I looked at were French troops who would have been
exposed to those. None of them came down with Gulf War Syndrome.

"They did not receive the vaccine prior to going out because their
commander-in-chief did not trust it. So what does that suggest?

"I also studied a second control group that included a considerable number
of soldiers who'd been given vaccines but did not go out. They did develop
GWS symptoms.

"Within this group is Scottish-born GWS sufferer Alex Izett, whose hunger
strike led to the inquiry into the disease being set up.

"The fact he, and many others like him, are now suffering from GWS surely
completes the case against the vaccines.

Very ill

"The technicalities of what went wrong do not matter, but the fact all these
people are very ill does. They should be treated properly and with
compassion.

"I knew it would be interesting investigating Gulf War Syndrome, but I was
extremely surprised by my findings.

"But whether it was caused by a rogue vaccine, contamination of the vials,
or was merely a mistake is something for other scientists to determine."

Although Dr McClure's latest novel - which is currently flying off the
shelves in the US - is fiction, he says it's "not far removed from reality".

"I discovered the Army had been working with the HIV virus prior to the
first Gulf War, although I couldn't find out why.

"That's what I took as the starting point for the book, with the vaccines
being contaminated, but I'll probably never know how close to the truth it
is."

While acknowledging some veterans of the 1990/91 Gulf conflict have become
ill, the MoD dismiss suggestions that veterans from other countries suffer
less ill health than their UK counterparts.

Major study

Ironically, they cite findings published by the Medical Research Council,
for whom Dr McClure worked, which said veterans from several coalition
countries consistently report suffering more symptoms than non-Gulf
veterans.

A spokeswoman added, "The MoD has commissioned a major study into the
possible adverse health effects of the administration of a combination of
vaccine or nerve agent pre-treatments during the 1990/91 Gulf conflict.

"Preliminary test results were published in April 2003 and indicated no
apparent adverse health consequences. Full results are expected to be
published later this year.

"Medical records of service personnel have not gone missing. Details of
vaccinations given in theatre were not, in all cases, transferred to
individual medical records on return to the UK.

"The MoD have acknowledged this and improved procedures have been put in
place."

The Gulf Conspiracy is published by Allison & Busby, £12.99, ISBN
0-7490-0614-5.

Old August 29th 04, 05:57 PM
Jeff

I think the conspiracy has gone to McClure's head and he is just try to sell
more books.

Show us the peer-reviewed studies that show this.

Otherwise, this is just conjecture.

Jeff

Old August 29th 04, 07:48 PM
Ilena Rose

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:57:21 -0400, "Jeff"
wrote:

I think the conspiracy has gone to McClure's head and he is just try to sell
more books.

Show us the peer-reviewed studies that show this.

Otherwise, this is just conjecture.

Jeff

LOL ... the mantra of the Quacks ...

I had just "conjectured" that you were lying about being a
Pediatrician ... and voila ... you never completed your Pediatric
boards.
Old August 29th 04, 10:02 PM
M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 29, 2004

wrote:

I think the conspiracy has gone to McClure's head and he is just try to

sell
more books.

Show us the peer-reviewed studies that show this.

Otherwise, this is just conjecture.

Jeff

LOL ... the mantra of the Quacks ...

Why not address the actual issues instead of what you just did?

Old August 29th 04, 11:52 PM
PF Riley

More complete bull**** from John, recognizable immediately because of
the usual features of such bull****.

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:39:45 +0000 (UTC), "john"
wrote:

http://www.sundaypost.com/news4.htm

Top-selling author says flawed vaccinations caused disease

False appeal to authority.

Scientist blasts MoD over Gulf War Syndrome
By Iain Harrison

AN award-winning scientist says his research into Gulf War Syndrome counters
claims by the MoD that it doesn't exist.

False appeal to authority. He is to be believed without actually
analyzing his data because he is a "top-selling author" and an
"award-winning scientist?"

Dr Ken McClure, now a best-selling author, investigated the claims of ill
veterans while researching his latest novel, The Gulf Conspiracy.

The ex-molecular geneticist with the Medical Research Council says his
findings point towards flawed vaccinations as the cause of the controversial
condition.

Edinburgh-based Dr McClure considered submitting his thesis to the ongoing
Gulf War Syndrome (GWS) inquiry.

But he reneged amid fears sceptics would dismiss this as a publicity stunt.

No, his real fear is that his "data" wouldn't stand up to public
scrutiny. It's far easier to make wild claims and back them up with
appeal to authority and conspiracy claims than to actually prove what
you claim.

In a frank interview with The Sunday Post, Dr McClure reveals how he came up
against a wall of silence when he began probing the cause of the disease.

Yes, again the conspiracy of the "establishment" against the lone,
dedicated researcher working long hours in his lab to find The Truth
that "they" don't want you to know. Don't these morons realize how
stereotypical and laughable this has become?

"Around 250,000 veterans are adamant their illness is a direct result of
their service in the first Gulf War," he explains.

And during the majority of human history most people thought the sun
revolves around the earth. So what?

Crucial

"But the MoD, backed by the medical establishment, insist the range of
symptoms reported rules out the possibility of a single syndrome being
responsible.

"This is crucial because without the recognition of a single condition there
can be no compensation paid out. In my opinion, this is completely wrong.

Again, the "establishment" has a sinister reason to say he's wrong
(i.e., to save money). Could it be that this author has a good reason
to claim he's right, too? (To make money?) Nahh... of course not!
Conspiracists don't need to make a living! They dedicate all their
time for free in order to find The Truth!

"GWS is similar to Aids in that there is no single disease called Aids.
Sufferers contract a wide range of 'Aids-related conditions' which can
include tuberculosis and pneumonia, which attack the immune system.

No, this is a poor comparison. There IS a disease called AIDS.

"I began looking for a single thing which could have destroyed the immune
system of Gulf War veterans.

"I concluded that the only thing it could have been was the vaccines given
to troops.

At last, we see what a poor scientist he is. No scientist would EVER
say in a case like this that "the only thing it could be is..." It's
called tunnel vision. Look into it.

"However, when I asked questions about the cocktail of drugs within the
vaccines I was told some were classified under the Official Secrets Act."

Ah, the conspiracy again.

He claims his findings developed even more significance when the MoD
admitted to him that 72 per cent of veterans' medical records had gone
missing since the war ended.

Likely a lie on McClure's part. The journalist reports this hearsay,
but fortunately get's the MoD's comment as well (later on).

French troops

Dr McClure hit upon his vaccine theory after studying available data from
two "control groups" - soldiers not given the vaccine who did go to the Gulf
and soldiers given the vaccine but who did not go to the Gulf.

"Some people claim Saddam's chemical and biological weapons are to blame for
the condition while others say it's down to depleted uranium," adds Dr
McClure.

"Yet the first group I looked at were French troops who would have been
exposed to those. None of them came down with Gulf War Syndrome.

"They did not receive the vaccine prior to going out because their
commander-in-chief did not trust it. So what does that suggest?

Oh, then most certainly there must be a problem with the vaccine if
the commander-in-chief of the French army didn't trust it!

"I also studied a second control group that included a considerable number
of soldiers who'd been given vaccines but did not go out. They did develop
GWS symptoms.

"Within this group is Scottish-born GWS sufferer Alex Izett, whose hunger
strike led to the inquiry into the disease being set up.

Gosh, you mean the second group wasn't from France? Hardly a matched
comparison, is it? A retrospective case-control study is hardly
conclusive to begin with, but did he really admit to introducing yet
another major form of bias?

"The fact he, and many others like him, are now suffering from GWS surely
completes the case against the vaccines.

Surely? Now I'd really like to know what "award" McClure has won for
science! He doesn't know crap about proving hypotheses!

Very ill

"The technicalities of what went wrong do not matter, but the fact all these
people are very ill does. They should be treated properly and with
compassion.

"I knew it would be interesting investigating Gulf War Syndrome, but I was
extremely surprised by my findings.

"But whether it was caused by a rogue vaccine, contamination of the vials,
or was merely a mistake is something for other scientists to determine."

No, first to determine is whether his hypothesis, suggested by a
poorly matched retrospective case-control study, has any merit. Step
one: Release your data for peer-review.

Although Dr McClure's latest novel - which is currently flying off the
shelves in the US - is fiction, he says it's "not far removed from reality".

Ah, selling well thanks to your propaganda sales pitch.

"I discovered the Army had been working with the HIV virus prior to the
first Gulf War, although I couldn't find out why.

Oh, I'm sure the reason they won't tell you is because they are hiding
some sinister conspiracy, and not because it's none of your business.

[...]

So the MoD will release its data, but McClure won't. As McClure would
say, "So what does that suggest?"

"Medical records of service personnel have not gone missing. Details of
vaccinations given in theatre were not, in all cases, transferred to
individual medical records on return to the UK.

"The MoD have acknowledged this and improved procedures have been put in
place."

And there you have it.

The Gulf Conspiracy is published by Allison & Busby, £12.99, ISBN
0-7490-0614-5.

Plug for more sales at the end.

Good luck, McClure. I'm sure you'll make plenty of money, and prove
nothing.

PF
Old August 30th 04, 01:02 PM
Andrew Heenan

"M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 29, 2004" trolled ...
Why not address the actual issues instead of what you just did?

Why not stop whining?

Old August 30th 04, 09:22 PM
Todd Gastaldo

John quoted Iain Harrison of The Sunday Post:

"Dr Ken McClure, now a best-selling author, investigated the claims of ill
veterans while researching his latest novel, The Gulf Conspiracy...The
ex-molecular geneticist with the Medical Research Council says his findings
point towards flawed vaccinations as the cause of the controversial
condition..."
http://www.sundaypost.com/news4.htm

Jeff P.Utz, MD ) replied:

I think the conspiracy has gone to McClure's head and he is just try to

sell
more books.

Show us the peer-reviewed studies that show this.

Otherwise, this is just conjecture.

Jeff P.Utz, MD forgets a key point....

Conjecture doesn't require peer-review to be correct.

Take for example my conjecture that American MDs lied when they used phony
neurology to claim babies can't feel pain.

Jeff P.Utz, MD said that my pointing out the MD lie (noting that MDs were
causing mass child abuse and calling for a Jewish exemption) wasn't what
caused American MDs to: 1) suddenly oppose ALL religious exemptions to the
child abuse statutes; 2) suddenly come out in favor of anonymity for
PERPETRATORS of child abuse; 3) suddenly ignore their own Scientific Board
and by voice vote instantly declare their "no medical indication" most
frequent surgical behavior toward males "an effective public health
measure."

Via medical "scilence" like Jeff's, medical "science" is literally ripping
and slicing babies - and far worse like...

MD-obstetricians are temporarily asphyxiating many babies in order to rob
them of up to 50% of blood they would otherwise have transfused to
themselves; that is, MDs are immediately amputating natural
oxygenation/transfusion devices called placentas - with babies still blue!

See EMTs and cord clamping - everyone should be interested...

ALSO: MD-obstetricians are routinely closing birth
canals up to 30% then violently pushing (with oxytocin and cytotec) and grue
somely pulling (with hands, forceps, vacuums)...

Worse, they are KEEPING the birth canal closed with a DEEP BLUE baby's
head sticking out the vagina!

See ACOG birth crime video evidence
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2300

One last note about "peer review."

The AAP never published my Oct. 11, 1987 criticism that they published
uncorrected the notion that babies can't feel pain for lack of myelin.

Most of the nervous system never becomes myelinated - and unmyelinated
nerves are thought to transmit the most excruciating qualities of pain.

Jeff P.Utz, MD - you indicate that you are a pediatrician
).

Would you look into this obvious pediatric peer review snafu?

Thanks,

Your friend,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS Jeff, you did complete that pediatric residency, right?

Old August 31st 04, 12:49 AM
Jeff

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

When did I ever say this? To the best of my knowledge I have never said
anything like this.

Via medical "scilence" like Jeff's, medical "science" is literally ripping
and slicing babies - and far worse like...

What is "scilence?"

garbage deleted

Jeff

Old September 1st 04, 06:07 AM
Todd Gastaldo

SCILENCE... See below.

Jeff P.Utz, MD wrote in message

[...]

I should have said you SUGGESTED that my action had no effect.

You once wrote in regard to the bizarre medical behavior discussed above...

"Do you have evidence that people listened to you? Perhaps, you can show the
articles from these organizations that you say changed your views were they
cite you as one of the reasons they changed."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....airnews.ne t

Actually, it doesn't matter who caused AAP and CMA to take those actions...

The point is...

Via medical "scilence" like Jeff's, medical "science" is [STILL]

literally ripping
and slicing babies - and far worse like...

What is "scilence?"

"Scilence" is demanding science all the while (for example) remaining silent
about MDs ignoring science - and infant screams - and literally ripping and
slicing babies - and far worse...

"Scilence" is intellectually dishonest argumentation like,

garbage deleted

Jeff

Jeff,

I don't mind if you call my information "garbage" - but it is intellectually
dishonest to fail to offer substantive argument demonstrating that it is
indeed "garbage."

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Old September 24th 04, 12:58 PM
DrRossi

Have you boys read any of Dr McClure's previous books? Obviously not!!

I may not be Dr Blockbuster, but I have read alot of this guy's books. As
a previous scientist and award winning one at that I think, he has the
credentials and know-how to take a medical possiblity right to the edge.
Previous books like "Wildcard" and "Donor" took other medical
possibilities that turned the books into successful medical thrillers.

The Gulf Conspiracy by Ken McClure is another such medical thriller. The
difference with this one is that investigations are still being carried
out into the generic "Gulf War Syndrome". The Times carried a story the
other day about tests being carried out on veterans re depleted uranium.
There is also an enquiry being carried out (as I write) in the UK - the
Gulf War Illness Inquiry.

According to the article in The Sunday Post, Dr McClure says flawed
vaccinations caused various illnesses - the Gulf War Syndrome, and reading
his reports on the control groups, the evidence appears prima facie to be
difficult to dispute.

Have I said enough? Can I get the next book free?

For you boys getting overexcited out there on clinical studies etc etc -
have some therapy! Hahaha

Dr V Rossi