Don't Use Microwave Ovens!

Old September 18th 04, 07:48 PM
CWatters

"HLE" wrote in message

Happy Dog, get out your checkbook!
I just did a test and am ready to collect.

I tried it 47 times, and was perfectly consistent. I think I could repeat
this over and over, and get the same results forever. I've had sensitivity
training (evident from my posts here), and to me, microwaved water seems
warmer than non-microwaved water.

I therefore extended the trial and can say with confidence that John was
right. If you microwave the water till bubbles form, then pour it over the
seeds, they WILL NOT SPROUT. Try it yourself, you'll see.

LOL... Really loud.

Old September 20th 04, 12:05 PM
gill

youve really made me think about micros!
Old September 24th 04, 09:17 PM
Mr. 4X

"HLE" wrote in message
:

"john" wrote in message

MICRO WAVING YOUR FOOD ISN'T SAFE

When microwave ovens were first introduced, there was a wave of
concern among consumers and in science. It took a decade of funded and
independent research, and two decades of user experience, to prove
conclusively that if a microwave oven is working properly (seals,
interlocks, etc.) there is danger from such a time-saving appliance in
only two instances.

1. If fingers get in the way of the closing door.
2. If it is swallowed and lodges in the throat.

Hahahaha.

3. Radiation could leak if the door doesn't close completely (this can
happen only if the door is damaged or blocked by a cloth or something).

4. Eggs, liver (nasty!!!!) or hot dogs can 'explode' from steam
pressure. Usually this happens inside the oven (while the food is still
being heated), but I heard that sometimes eggs can explode a few seconds
after the oven has been turned off. If the door has been open then the
explosion sprays hot 'egg mass' all over - it's real bad if it gets in
your eyes.

USE CAUTION TO AVOID THESE HAZARDS
Otherwise, the microwave oven is quite safe.

Old September 24th 04, 09:19 PM
Mr. 4X

"HLE" wrote in message
:

"john" wrote in message

MICRO WAVING YOUR FOOD ISN'T SAFE

When microwave ovens were first introduced, there was a wave of
concern among consumers and in science. It took a decade of funded and
independent research, and two decades of user experience, to prove
conclusively that if a microwave oven is working properly (seals,
interlocks, etc.) there is danger from such a time-saving appliance in
only two instances.

1. If fingers get in the way of the closing door.
2. If it is swallowed and lodges in the throat.

5. If it falls on your toe. (hahahaha)

Old September 24th 04, 09:24 PM
Mr. 4X

(David Wright) wrote in message
. com:

In article ,
john wrote:

"HLE" wrote in message

a microwave oven is working properly (seals, interlocks, etc.) there is
danger from such a time-saving appliance in only two instances.

1. If fingers get in the way of the closing door.
2. If it is swallowed and lodges in the throat.

They all leak as you can prove with a meter

http://www.whale.to/w/microwave1.htm

This web page just has a bunch of links to other articles. The
articles include howlers like this one:

The microwaves from the Sun are based on principles of pulsed direct
current.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

'Pulsed DC' is used *IN THE OVEN*: high voltage AC (stepped up from mains
with a transformer) is rectified with a high voltage diode and filtered
with a capacitor. There is no pulsed DC *IN THE SUN*!!!!!! What a dumbass!!

These rays create no frictional heat in organic substance."

That, by the way, is from Hertel, one of the "scientists" who did the
test of the 8 volunteers that supposedly showed the awfulness of
cooking with microwaves.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Old September 24th 04, 09:25 PM
Mr. 4X

:

http://www.whale.to/w/microwave1.htm

This web page just has a bunch of links to other articles. The
articles include howlers like this one:

The microwaves from the Sun are based on principles of pulsed
direct current. These rays create no frictional heat in organic
substance."

I do not understand the motivation of people who construct and then
publicly present such concepts, which have no basis in either
observation/analysis of physical phenomena or objective measurement of
events. It's all mental conjuring, from nothing, an exercise in
imagination. They make no profit from it, gain nothing but ridicule,
embarrassment.

Not necessarily. Some people with no or minimal scientific knowledge
easily 'gulp' that kind of crap.

Why do they do it? What
possible satisfaction is there?

Jan is an example of such idiocy. Much of what she espouses can be
laid off on others who she thinks have credentials and therefore
authority, so her biggest crime in such cases is being a terrible
parrot. But a pretty high percentage of her output is pure
construction on her part, with nowhere to plant her feet. As she's
about to touch the SEND button, she must know - somewhere deep inside
- that she's about to get flayed alive. What motivates her to expose
herself to such humiliation?

Henry

Old September 24th 04, 09:26 PM
Mr. 4X

"HLE" wrote in message
:

"Happy Dog" wrote in message
"john" wrote in
If you want proof of this information, here's an experiment you
can do

at
home. Plant seeds in two pots. Water one pot with water that has
been micro
waved, the other with regular tap. The seeds that received micro
waved water
won't sprout. If micro waved water can stop plants from growing,
think

of
what micro waved food can do to your health!

Bull****. There's a million dollar reward available to anyone who
can distinguish pure water that's "microwaved" from that which isn't.

Happy Dog, get out your checkbook!
I just did a test and am ready to collect.

I tried it 47 times, and was perfectly consistent. I think I could
repeat this over and over, and get the same results forever. I've had
sensitivity training (evident from my posts here), and to me,
microwaved water seems warmer than non-microwaved water.

You can easily fake the effect with a gas oven or a traditional electric
oven

I therefore extended the trial and can say with confidence that John
was right. If you microwave the water till bubbles form, then pour it
over the seeds, they WILL NOT SPROUT. Try it yourself, you'll see.

Until now, o grinning canine, you had my respect.

Henry