further to "awful formula ad"

Old October 3rd 06, 01:19 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Notchalk

Default further to "awful formula ad"

A few months ago you might remember I posted complaining about an ad
for follow on formula...

I have just been informed that the ad has been banned in New Zealand
now - you can see more info he
http://203.152.114.11/decisions/06/06290.rtf

I wonder if Aus will follow suit?

Jo

--
Woman, Wife, Mother, Midwife

Old October 3rd 06, 04:59 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

"Notchalk" wrote in message
A few months ago you might remember I posted complaining about an ad
for follow on formula...

I have just been informed that the ad has been banned in New Zealand
now - you can see more info he
http://203.152.114.11/decisions/06/06290.rtf

I wonder if Aus will follow suit?

Jo

LOL - we saw the add for the first time the other night and DH said: "gee -
they must think we're really stupid if we think giving 1 year olds
artificial, modified drinks based on cow's milk is 'the next step' for a kid
.... are we supposed to think its made out of donated human breast milk and
not "the milk of another species""

Its a ridiculous add.

Amanda

Old October 3rd 06, 05:45 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Engram

"Notchalk" wrote in message
A few months ago you might remember I posted complaining about an ad for
follow on formula...

I have just been informed that the ad has been banned in New Zealand now -
you can see more info he http://203.152.114.11/decisions/06/06290.rtf

I wonder if Aus will follow suit?

Jo

It won't get banned here if nobody complains...

Similarly to FlowerGirl's husband my DH commented "so it's made out of bear
milk?" when we saw that ad. I haven't seen it in months - thought they'd
taken it off the air already!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Matthew 21 June 2005
DD EDD 06 Oct 2006

Check out our family at
http://www.geocities.com/engram_au/

Old October 6th 06, 02:18 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Mum of Two

"Notchalk" wrote in message
A few months ago you might remember I posted complaining about an ad for
follow on formula...

I have just been informed that the ad has been banned in New Zealand now -
you can see more info he http://203.152.114.11/decisions/06/06290.rtf

I wonder if Aus will follow suit?

Thanks for posting that Jo! I had heard as much, but I hadn't seen the link.
Actually, I didn't know it had been released to the media. I don't miss Mrs.
Karicare Bear at all. Now if only they would ban the Mentos, Lynx Dry and
Fresh Up ads too ;-)

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old October 12th 06, 02:28 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
"Notchalk" wrote in message
A few months ago you might remember I posted complaining about an ad for
follow on formula...

I have just been informed that the ad has been banned in New Zealand

now -
you can see more info he http://203.152.114.11/decisions/06/06290.rtf

I wonder if Aus will follow suit?

Did you see it copped an award from the Parents Jury:
http://www.parentsjury.org.au/tpj_ne...ntainerID=1988
"The Smoke and Mirrors Award was given to the Karicare Toddler Gold Formula
ad. Parents Jury members criticised the ad for dismissing the idea of
feeding children cows milk even though the product is mostly derived from
dried cows' milk, and is high in sugar. "

Amanda

Old October 14th 06, 11:04 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Notchalk

On 2006-10-12 09:28:31 +0800, "FlowerGirl"
said:

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
"Notchalk" wrote in message
A few months ago you might remember I posted complaining about an ad for
follow on formula...

I have just been informed that the ad has been banned in New Zealand

now -
you can see more info he http://203.152.114.11/decisions/06/06290.rtf

I wonder if Aus will follow suit?

Did you see it copped an award from the Parents Jury:
http://www.parentsjury.org.au/tpj_ne...ntainerID=1988
"The Smoke and Mirrors Award was given to the Karicare Toddler Gold Formula
ad. Parents Jury members criticised the ad for dismissing the idea of
feeding children cows milk even though the product is mostly derived from
dried cows' milk, and is high in sugar. "

Amanda

yup saw that, and voted

Jo
--