It's arrived

Old December 13th 06, 11:56 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April & Stewart

Default It's arrived

Well tommorow morning we pick our daughter up and she doesnt go back to FC
until Friday night, yes finally she is sleeping where she belongs!!!!

How am I feeling you ask, well I am happy, excited and nervous because I'm
not sure how she'll settle but i'm sure everythign will be fine.

I brought her, her christmas day dress today and it's george, i'll post
photos on or near abouts christmas day.

Happy Christmas everybody and Happy new year.

Thanks for being there for me these last 10 months.

April

Old December 14th 06, 03:01 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

"April & Stewart" wrote in message
Well tommorow morning we pick our daughter up and she doesnt go back to FC
until Friday night, yes finally she is sleeping where she belongs!!!!

YAY!!!!

How am I feeling you ask, well I am happy, excited and nervous because I'm
not sure how she'll settle but i'm sure everythign will be fine.

I'm sure it will be fine as well!
It's all almost over, and things will definitely get better, I'm sure. Less
stress all around, and you'll have her back with you in no time at all now.

I brought her, her christmas day dress today and it's george, i'll post
photos on or near abouts christmas day.

Please do! Last pictures I saw of her (a looong while back) she was so
beautiful, so a pretty little dress - I can only imagine. I do look forward
to pictures!

Happy Christmas everybody and Happy new year.

Same to you and your family!

Thanks for being there for me these last 10 months.

For me, it's been ups and downs reading and following along with you and
Joanna. I remember when you first came on (that I remember, anyways) with
all the concerns and thoughts. It seems like just yesterday, but I guess
it's been closer to a year and a half?
Still definitely hoping for all the best for all 3 of you!

April

Old December 14th 06, 12:51 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"April & Stewart" wrote in message
Well tommorow morning we pick our daughter up and she doesnt go back to FC
until Friday night, yes finally she is sleeping where she belongs!!!!

How am I feeling you ask, well I am happy, excited and nervous because I'm
not sure how she'll settle but i'm sure everythign will be fine.

I brought her, her christmas day dress today and it's george, i'll post
photos on or near abouts christmas day.

Happy Christmas everybody and Happy new year.

Thanks for being there for me these last 10 months.

Hope you're having a lovely time with her.
I'm sure everything will be fine too!
Debbie

Old December 14th 06, 11:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Liz

"April & Stewart" wrote in message
Well tommorow morning we pick our daughter up and she doesnt go back to FC
until Friday night, yes finally she is sleeping where she belongs!!!!

How am I feeling you ask, well I am happy, excited and nervous because I'm
not sure how she'll settle but i'm sure everythign will be fine.

I brought her, her christmas day dress today and it's george, i'll post
photos on or near abouts christmas day.

Happy Christmas everybody and Happy new year.

Thanks for being there for me these last 10 months.

April

Hi April,

I don't post here much (don't have a lot of advice to offer) but I wanted to
say I've been following your story with admiration. I think the way you've
dealt with this very difficult and distressing situation shows you have the
strength and wisdom to make a wonderful mother.

Hope you have a very happy Christmas and New Year,

Liz

Old December 15th 06, 03:03 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April & Stewart

Hi and thanks everyone for replying.

Well last night went okay considerign it was confussing for Joanna although
I put Joanna down at 7pm and she finally went off about 7.20pm and then she
was up again at 11pm until 2.45 am but like I say it was a confusing time
for her, she then slept until 8.30 am. She was so funny because she just
came alive last night and there was no way she was going back to sleep no
matter what I tried but at least she wasnt misrable with it but in fact was
in a lovely mood which helped if you know what I mean. Can't wait until next
week now when we have her 2 nights and 2 full days, it's really upon us now
and i'm so excited but also a bit nervous.

April

Old December 15th 06, 05:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"April & Stewart" wrote in message
Hi and thanks everyone for replying.

Well last night went okay considerign it was confussing for Joanna
although I put Joanna down at 7pm and she finally went off about 7.20pm
and then she was up again at 11pm until 2.45 am but like I say it was a
confusing time for her, she then slept until 8.30 am. She was so funny
because she just came alive last night and there was no way she was going
back to sleep no matter what I tried but at least she wasnt misrable with
it but in fact was in a lovely mood which helped if you know what I mean.
Can't wait until next week now when we have her 2 nights and 2 full days,
it's really upon us now and i'm so excited but also a bit nervous.

April

Have you chatted with her foster parents to see what her normal sleeping
schedule is? Does she normally wake at night? You are probably right, in
that sleeping in a new place is throwing her schedule out of whack.

It's also really hard when they are awake in the middle of the night, and so
dang cute about it. Laughing, smiling, flirting, wanting to play and be
entertained...but I'd caution you against giving in to that. Keep the
lights low/off, don't talk to her or play with her -- perhaps offer her a
bottle and rock her gently, and put her back in bed. The middle of the
night needs to be dark and boring, not bright and entertaining. She may
cry, which will be hard for you, but she has to realize that night time is
for sleeping, even at this new and unusual location.

I'd guess that this part would be the hardest on you, since you aren't used
to having her full time or overnight yet, and you may be afraid to make her
mad or that she won't bond with you and love you if you let her cry...but
that's not true. She will bond and love you, even if you are "mean" and
make her sleep at night! Just remind yourself that if she hadn't been in
foster care, you would be treating her a certain way and enforcing certain
rules, and don't give in to the tempation to spoil her, just because you
haven't been able to have her full time since she was born.

Hugs April. I'm so pleased for all of you that this horrible time is
finally coming to a close.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels: