BPP and Ob visit at 36w1d

Old September 3rd 05, 06:10 AM
Emily

Bummer that you have to do so much traveling,
but I'm glad the baby looked good on the BPP!
Is there any way to do some of the tests more locally?

Emily
Old September 3rd 05, 07:06 AM
Joybelle

Default BPP and Ob visit at 36w1d

Boy, am I tired! Today I had my appointment for a biophysical profile and
ob visit in the Cities. We left at 5:30 am. Ugh. I am not a morning
person!

Anyway, the baby scored a 10 out of 10 for the BPP. Lots of good movement
and all that. Only thing is, my amniotic fluid levels are a little low,
so now I'm going to be monitored 2 times a week. I really, really feel like
whining. This just doesn't feel like the way a pregnancy should be at the
end. I feel like I should be sitting home, and they should be coming to me!
LOL I've been mighty spoiled by my homebirths. Then again, how am I
supposed to keep my blood sugars good if I'm running here and there and
waiting for hours? How am I supposed to keep my blood pressure down and my
hydration up with going here and there and everywhere? And the level of
tiredness is just so overwhelming. And finding people to take care of the
kids... *sigh* Okay, my whine is done, and I'm sucking it up.

The ob wanted to do a group b strep culture today, but I declined and said I
wanted to wait a week. I figure I'll have my regular doctor do it when I
see her next week on Tuesday. For some reason, and perhaps this is dumb, I
didn't feel like meeting a doctor for the first time ever and having him do
the strep b test that very day.

I AM glad it was a positive appointment otherwise, esp regarding the baby.
We also had a consult with a doctor from a different hospital regarding the
clubfeet. It was a very good consult, and I hope we will be going there for
clubfoot treatment. The doctor was wonderful and took time to explain so
many things to us. He also seemed very caring. He has worked with many
spina bifida babies, and he just really gave us more of an idea of what we
could be dealing with.

So, that's my update. I better get to bed! My 2yo wouldn't go to sleep, so
I'm up later than I planned on being.
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old September 3rd 05, 09:49 AM
Anne Rogers

[...]

it is tough, my midwife came to me for all my regular appointments, the one
appointment I had at the hospital by the time I got in the room I was in so
much pain I just burst into tears. I think you just have to look at it as
being the best for your baby, it must be really hard when you yourself are
feeling basically fine, but still needing to look after yourself.

not long now!

Anne

Old September 5th 05, 03:17 AM
Joybelle

"Emily" wrote in message
Bummer that you have to do so much traveling,
but I'm glad the baby looked good on the BPP!
Is there any way to do some of the tests more locally?

Thanks, Emily. It is great the baby keeps doing so well. On Tuesday,
my NST will be done locally, though it's about 40 minutes away. I chose the
doctor there before all of this happened because that is where my midwife
was. So, it's a shorter drive than the one on Friday, but it still is
plenty long! In retrospect I could have chosen a closer hospital, but oh
well, right?! The closest hospital is 20 minutes away, though, and I
would never go there as it is also the worst. The joys of living in a rural
area.

I'm trying to take it week by week, though. If I think beyond that I feel
like I'm a sinking ship! LOL I'm also trying to focus on my sister's
impending birth. She is due either the 7th or the 11th, so it is getting
very close! I can't wait.
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old September 5th 05, 03:21 AM
Joybelle

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, I think I'm fine with this whole birth in the hospital thing as being
the best for my baby, and then I have one of those low moments. I do find
it very reassuring to see my baby doing so well. I just wish those trips
didn't wipe me out so much! Now my two year old has a cold, and I really
hope I don't catch that. Poor thing must be getting worn down, though.

not long now!

About 4 weeks. I realized I need to pack a hospital bag that was was
going to last awhile. I've got lots to do to keep me busy, I guess!

Thanks, Anne!

--
Joy

Rose 1-99